Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping maths

• 03-06-2015 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I'm thinking of dropping from honours maths to pass on Friday. Is there a lot of difference in the papers? If so, what are the differences?

Dropping as I don't need points, just a pass in any level

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

My teachers said don't drop on the day- no matter what..

But if you really don't think you can pass higher level, you have to make that decision yourself.

One of my friends said he almost had to do a downgrade course because he complicated things way too much after doing higher level for 2 years... e.g his answers were way too complex when a much easier method was possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 AllyBushell

Kremin wrote:
    But if you really don't think you can pass higher level, you have to make that decision yourself.

Kremin wrote:
    My teachers said don't drop on the day- no matter what..

Kremin wrote:
    One of my friends said he almost had to do a downgrade course because he complicated things way too much after doing higher level for 2 years... e.g his answers were way too complex when a much easier method was possible.

I've decided to drop, but now that you mention it, it probably would be a good idea to uncomplicate my answers

When I was in LC I dropped from honours history to pass on the day. Got an A1. Take from that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

I've decided to drop, but now that you mention it, it probably would be a good idea to uncomplicate my answers

Just make sure to do some exam papers before Friday and Monday. I don't know why but Higher Level students seem prone to being overly complicated, i personally always think "is this a trick question"?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ShaunDaSheep

do you regret dropping now ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

do you regret dropping now ?

Come on, whether or not they do doesn't matter. Looking back on exams is never a good idea so don't try and make them feel worse if they do regret it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement