Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrickmines

Options
  • 03-06-2015 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭

Hi, 

Is there any plan to roll out fibre broadband in carrickmines. I checked last week and the max speed available to me is 4 mb. 

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

jd83 wrote: »
    Hi, 

Is there any plan to roll out fibre broadband in carrickmines. I checked last week and the max speed available to me is 4 mb. 

Thanks
    Hi jd83

Feel free to PM me your specific address and I will look in to this in detail for you.

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Hi, 

Thanks
    Hi jd83

Feel free to PM me your specific address and I will look in to this in detail for you.

Cheers
    Al
    HI Alan,

I pmed my address.

Thanks

Hi Alan,

Any update on this?

Thanks

Hi Alan,

Any update on this?

Thanks
    Hi jd83

Yes, I have has confirmation from eFibre operations that unfortunately your line is too far from it's serving eFibre cabinet located in the exchange over 2.5Km away - . The max distance a line can be from the cabinet (to avail of eFibre) is up to 1.7km to 2Km I'm sorry to say.

Unfortunately eircom cannot offer you eFibre jd83 - I'm sorry I can't offer you better news.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your reply. Is this a permanent issue or is there a plan to roll out broadband to this area anytime in the future?

• Advertisement

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your reply. Is this a permanent issue or is there a plan to roll out broadband to this area anytime in the future?
    I would not imagine this will always be the case jd83

At present there are no cabinets planned to server your line eFibre however there are always plans to expand the network and release new plans in the future - I don't have any news on plans to suggest when they will include your specific area but hopefully we can offer you better news in the future.

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭rpg

I'm aware this is an old thread but I'd like to follow on from the original question, and the information here is still valid it appears.

I am also getting speed estimates of 4Mb in this area, which I was very surprised with. I had thought that this would be a high priority area to provide fast broadband to, considering the high density of both office and residential units in Carrickmines - but it doesn't look like this is the case. 4Mb is very poor, and not even worth getting with 4G mobiles in use.

There is a cabinet ~500m away (SND_0159) but I'm not sure if it's supplying the area. There's also one down the road in Ballyogan (live), and one being completed up near the Golden Ball. Are either of these supplying the area?

Any information on availability would be greatly appreciated.

rpg wrote: »
    I'm aware this is an old thread but I'd like to follow on from the original question, and the information here is still valid it appears.

I am also getting speed estimates of 4Mb in this area, which I was very surprised with. I had thought that this would be a high priority area to provide fast broadband to, considering the high density of both office and residential units in Carrickmines - but it doesn't look like this is the case. 4Mb is very poor, and not even worth getting with 4G mobiles in use.

There is a cabinet ~500m away (SND_0159) but I'm not sure if it's supplying the area. There's also one down the road in Ballyogan (live), and one being completed up near the Golden Ball. Are either of these supplying the area?

I notice my query has dropped a couple of pages, so it may not be noticed.

If possible, could you provide an update.

Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]rpg,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sincere apologies for the delays, it would depend on your line capability and which cabinet you are connected to.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If the cabinet is active they would indeed to supplying the lines connected to them. You can view this information here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Are you an eir customer?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

[font=Cambria, serif] [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sincere apologies for the delays, it would depend on your line capability and which cabinet you are connected to.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If the cabinet is active they would indeed to supplying the lines connected to them. You can view this information here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/[/font]

Hi Pamela,

That's the thing - it's not clear on the map. I don't know what cabinet we're connected to.

Yes, I am. I'll PM our address and phone number. Would you be able to check and give me information? There are a couple of new housing developments just being built and being built currently so I'm surprised it's not available here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi Pamela,

That's the thing - it's not clear on the map. I don't know what cabinet we're connected to.

Yes, I am. I'll PM our address and phone number. Would you be able to check and give me information? There are a couple of new housing developments just being built and being built currently so I'm surprised it's not available here.
    No problem rpg I will check with our open eir team if you are connected to this cabinet.
    Can you PM me your account number please? :) 

-Pamela 

Advertisement