Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plant ID?

Options
  • 03-06-2015 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hello all. I was wondering if somebody would kindly be able to tell me what this plant is? My Father is curious to know as its the first time he has seen it with flower buds. It was my Mother that had the green fingers, but shes no longer with us sadly.

If anyone knows please do tell :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Cucumber?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Ethel wrote: »
    Hello all. I was wondering if somebody would kindly be able to tell me what this plant is? My Father is curious to know as its the first time he has seen it with flower buds. It was my Mother that had the green fingers, but shes no longer with us sadly.

If anyone knows please do tell :)

It's a Hibiscus. One of the indoor ones. Lovely big trumpet shaped flowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ethel

Chucken wrote: »
    Cucumber?
    My Mother was more of a flowers and trees lady, and not fond of cucumber. So I doubt it, but thanks for guessing :)
    lk67 wrote: »
    It's a Hibiscus. One of the indoor ones. Lovely big trumpet shaped flowers.
    I think you may have struck gold there. I googled more pictures and showed them to my Father, he's happy you're right. Thank you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Your pics were huge for me so I only took a wild guess. Came up with this:
    https://nextcoursedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/cucumber-bud.jpg

Glad you found out what it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ethel

Chucken wrote: »
    Your pics were huge for me so I only took a wild guess. Came up with this:
    https://nextcoursedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/cucumber-bud.jpg

Glad you found out what it is :)

Ah I can see why you thought that. The leaves aren't very different. None of the flowers are out yet, so I couldn't compare them.

Sorry about the big pictures, mobile upload :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

I think you may have struck gold there. I googled more pictures and showed them to my Father, he's happy you're right. Thank you! :)

No bother.

Plants are great momentos.

So are tool sheds...

Advertisement