Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where have all the hotel deals gone?

Options
  • 03-06-2015 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm hoping to get away for a night or two towards the end of June/start of July, preferably somewhere like Galway or Westport but really anywhere in a decent-ish-sized town would do.

I've been trawling escapes.ie, Groupon, Grabone and I've tried the likes of Trivago as well but most places seem to around the €250 mark, if not more. There are a few that are less but they're not anywhere central, and I have to say I was thinking €150 would get us somewhere half-decent for two nights.

Has anyone any other ideas or am I just being unrealistic here? It's for my birthday and I'd really love to just get away for a night or two without breaking the bank!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Really? It's peak summer, and with the € falling Europe is expecting record tourism numbers. I think €150 for 2 nights is a little unrealistic for this time of year. Maybe look for an Ebookers code or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭pauldavis123

AirBnB.com

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

trivago is good and instead of going onto all of the deal sites individualy, just go onto mydealpage.ie, which does for deal sites, what trivago does for hotels, i.e. puts all of the various sites under one roof...

http://mydealpage.ie/

you can filter very finely, i.e. accomodation only, distance from X location etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Plenty of deals to be had on deal-page website

Here is one option in Sligo €129 for two nights

http://www.mydealpage.ie/default/shortpage.php?rid=5&dealid=161477

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    Really? It's peak summer, and with the € falling Europe is expecting record tourism numbers. I think €150 for 2 nights is a little unrealistic for this time of year. Maybe look for an Ebookers code or something?

its not unrealistic, i just stayed for 5 nights in a holiday home for 250 followed by 2 nights in a spa resort in westport for 145 inc breakfast and dinner on one night
    plenty of deals out there, just shop around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sparkles2012

Did you try Lidl Breaks, Super Valu Breaks etc they always have good availability on hotel breaks and reasonably priced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

its not unrealistic, i just stayed for 5 nights in a holiday home for 250 followed by 2 nights in a spa resort in westport for 145 inc breakfast and dinner on one night
    plenty of deals out there, just shop around

Not in peak summer time? Unless by just you meant last year.

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    Not in peak summer time? Unless by just you meant last year.

I went away in July and August last year using deals from deal page and groupon, never pay full price, achill Island in August was €99 for 2 nights b&b

Deals are there you just have to look for them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

tradhead wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm hoping to get away for a night or two towards the end of June/start of July, preferably somewhere like Galway or Westport but really anywhere in a decent-ish-sized town would do.

I've been trawling escapes.ie, Groupon, Grabone and I've tried the likes of Trivago as well but most places seem to around the €250 mark, if not more. There are a few that are less but they're not anywhere central, and I have to say I was thinking €150 would get us somewhere half-decent for two nights.

Has anyone any other ideas or am I just being unrealistic here? It's for my birthday and I'd really love to just get away for a night or two without breaking the bank!

I have never used them myself but heatons give out vouchers for deals on hotel breaks. I have 3 of the vouchers here which i will never use, so if you want to take a look at the website and see whether there are any breaks that suit you, i would be more than happy to post the voucher to you (I can PM the voucher code but i'm not sure whether the physical voucher has to be presented at the hotel?)

I see one of the offers is : "Two Nights Bed & Breakfast plus Dinner on one evening of your choice for €95 per person sharing. Avail of third night free midweek (Simply check in on Sun, Mon or Tues). Two children under 10 years stay free subject to hotel policy and availability"

http://heatonshotelbreaks.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the suggestions! There are indeed lots of deals out there but unfortunately most are Sunday-Thursday only which were no good to us, so we decided to just go for one night to keep costs down and to get the train down so opted for Waterford.

Ebookers were actually very good as long as you have a discount code (if you have the app you can use DOWNLOAD15 for 15% off) but even better was the Heatons Breaks and Today FM breaks which have €39 each for B&B. Just in case anyone else is looking for a bargain break!

Thanks again guys :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

I stayed in the Inn to the West in Clifden a few weeks ago. Its as close to a hotel as you'll get without actually being a hotel (only difference seems to be they don't have a bar!) Its a short walk into the town centre though, so that wasn't missed.

Cost was €70 for the room (May) - seems to be €80 now for June & July. - breakfast was extra, but it was the best brekkie I've had for a long time and well worth it!

http://www.theinntothewest.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

Advertisement