Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shad - Am I too late??

Options
  • 03-06-2015 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭

Finally got around to buying some TD's - am I too late for the shad tho??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Kat1170

I'd say its a bit late now. Usually they are about from last week in April to second week in May. Its not an exact science so if you want to head down to StMullens for a days fishing even if the Shad are gone you won't regret it. It really is beautiful down there and you can still fish for trout. Good spot for a bit of Coarse fishing also.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭wiseoldelf

Hi folks, sorry to butt in on this thread, but was going to post new thread on st Mullins, used to fish there years ago and was hoping for some advice on fishing there? What's the best bait to use for trout and what to use for the course fishing? Used to buy maggots in new Ross but I don't think they do them anymore? So I've plans to grow my own with beef heart... Also would sweet corn be ok for the course fishing... Any advice appreciated thanks

Advertisement