Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any predications for jc irish

Options
  • 03-06-2015 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Its tomorrow and I need all the hep I can get

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 spicebag

Hi, First thing i'd say about the listening would be highlight key words in the questions, Write as much as you can get out of the tape down, If you can't spell it try spell it phoenetically as i believe you get some marks for that. Make sure you know your counties and don't leave any spaces blank if possible guess if you have no idea! I'd recommend listening to a past aural exam to get used to the speed and the qustions asked as well as just practice

In the grammar section of Paper1, i can't see the modh coinniollach coming up as i don't think it has ever come up so you're in luck with that, last year the Aimsir Laithreach came up, 2013 aimsir Chaite, 2012 aimsir fháistineach. I could be wrong but for the Grammar part I predict Aimsir Fháistíneach coming up due to a pattern so just learn your irregular verbs, your verb endings for one syllable and more than one and the saor briathars. I can't be certain this is correct but it's my best guess.

For the CEAPADÓIREACHT It kind of depends on what your teacher has done with you but i would personally go for the scéal/eachtra as majority of the time one of the options is either a sporting event like a football match or an accident, if you're creative enough you can nearly write about a timpiste for any option that comes up so i'd learn off a few phrases that you could use in either of those. Once again i can't be certain that either will come up.

For Paper2 for the question on your studied story either grá, brón, fearg or athás should come up at least one of those should come up or words that have similar meanings, I've never seen a year where none of the above came up. As long as you have your opening, closing and your examples you should be ok, I'd recommend looking up past years and looking at the words that come up and make sure you know what they all mean.

The question on your seen poetry is kind of a similar case so as long as you have some answer on either Fearg, Brón, Athás etc you should be ok but keep in mind they sometimes ask what kind of person the poet is rather than the theme in the poem but don't worry you pretty much just write the same thing.

For the section on letter writing make sure that you have your opening and closing they usually give 2 informal and one formal letter so make sure to pay attention to which one you pick on the day. I don't really know what will come up but they'll usually ask you to write to a pen pal about some sort of topic eg computer games.

Hopefully this helped you in some way, Best of luck tomorrow don't stress too much it'll be over before you know it :-)

Advertisement