Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

finding love

Options
  • 03-06-2015 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, don't know if this belongs here but thought I'd give it a go. I have a two year old and I'm a single mother. Her father comes in and out as he pleases and before we split, he really messed me around. at times I am OK, I feel fine on my own and feel no need for a relationship but now and again I get lonely and get scared I'll never meet anyone. I know this is natural, but I sometimes feel like I'm a hopeless case that no one will want. Has anyone ever felt this way, and then found love? I've tried Internet dating but I find I just attract weirdos, so I've come off it. I don't get much change to mingle with the opposite sex as most of my friends are settling down and don't go out. Any advice?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

Plenty of single parents find themselves in new relationships so don't for a minute consider yourself a hopeless case. The challenge is to find yourself in a position to meet up with guys. You say your friends are settling down and don't go out - is there any way you can expand your circle of friends and maybe start getting out again? Are there any groups or organisations in your community that you might want to get involved with that would get you in contact with other people? Whatever you do, don't lose confidence in yourself. Hope things work out for you

Advertisement