Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help filling out a 12A tax form!

Options
  • 03-06-2015 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I recently got my first proper job, in which I'll be paying tax for the first time.

On the 12A tax form (Application for a Tax Credit Certificate) it asks about income from the Department of Social Protection.

It asks for the type of payment you receive and says: eg. State pension, Illness benefit, Jobseekers Benefit and so on.

I was on Jobseekers Allowance and as far as I know JA and JB are both two different things.
    Do I still put down the information about my Jobseekers Allowance or do they not need it?

All of this is new to me so I haven't got a clue what to put down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

I recently got my first proper job, in which I'll be paying tax for the first time.

On the 12A tax form (Application for a Tax Credit Certificate) it asks about income from the Department of Social Protection.

It asks for the type of payment you receive and says: eg. State pension, Illness benefit, Jobseekers Benefit and so on.

I was on Jobseekers Allowance and as far as I know JA and JB are both two different things.
    Do I still put down the information about my Jobseekers Allowance or do they not need it?

All of this is new to me so I haven't got a clue what to put down.

No need for info about the Jobseekers Allowance as it's not taxable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SheepShearer

No need for info about the Jobseekers Allowance as it's not taxable.

Thanks a mil, was really getting confused about it all! The sooner I get this form sent off the better.

Advertisement