Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life after the leaving cert

• 03-06-2015 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Hey all!
    Just wondering what day your all finished and what your most looking to do after the exams?! :D For me I have made myself promise that I'll buy Netflix! I also cannot wait to work through the summer in my part time job and lose the leaving cert stone!! Im finished the 17th! How about you all?! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 antifun

There is no life after the leaving cert, only despair and misery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I finish the 18th with Ag. I've 3 18ths in 3 days and a lads holiday in July, as well as 2 debs, and I plan on learning ring making, coding, making some desks and getting through my Steam backlog, and playing some classics on my older systems. I actually made an evernote file for all my summer plans, its quite the list

Needless to say it'll be a busy summer :pac:

I forgot about my 5 foot tall 16bit timber charizard that'll probably take me weeks to make!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

I forgot about my 5 foot tall 16bit timber charizard that'll probably take me weeks to make!

:eek: That sounds amazing

As for me, I'll be finished on the 12th. A holiday with the 'aul folks and loads of reading as I have about 30 books in my TBR. I also plan on learning to drive, if you hear a story of a girl driving herself and her examiner off a cliff- you'll know it was me!
    Might do some dramas or musicals as well, depending on what's happening.

Damn I've to finish my lessons and get my licence too :pac:

I'll post pictures of the charizard, it'll probably be one of my earlier projects :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

I have rhe Irish youth choir at the end of June, then I'm going to Marseilles in July for 3 weeks on an exchange. Cant wait for hell to finish on the 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 YouKnowNothing

I have to wait till the very end for applied maths 😭 plan to drink myself into oblivion afterwards

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

The last day of the LC might be a bit underwhelming. I just wanted to take a nap right there after Applied Maths.

This wasn't too far off :o

antifun wrote: »
    There is no life after the leaving cert, only despair and misery.

You still have the best part of two months before you have to think about CAO, college etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

I have all of my lessons done thank god and this summer I am really hoping to get my license! I did my test already and failed but I think this time I am a lot more prepared..in all fairness I wasn't really long enough driving the first time!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ecoste

Can't post links, but...

I'll finish off this game: youtube.com/watch?v=dmLkobeBqfg

Mayyybe develop on the concept of this 'finished' game: youtube.com/watch?v=_95Ts9--QcA

And I also built a tri-copter - imgur.com/feeS7bm -, but I only had like a week of it before the leaving cert and managed to fly it twice.

Here's the first time: youtube.com/watch?v=IYL8mXK3yiM

Used crappy iPhone as camera, and that's the only green-field I could find nearby. The field is very small, can't fly high or fast. Still managed to crash :/

And I also had some ideas for different programming projects.

Now, back to study so I can get into a reputable computer science course. I probably won't, qq.

• Advertisement

ecoste wrote: »
    Can't post links, but...

I'll finish off this game: youtube.com/watch?v=dmLkobeBqfg

Is that your own game? Its colourful to say the least, does fraps mess up the colours?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ecoste

Is that your own game? Its colourful to say the least, does fraps mess up the colours?

Haha, yeah those are my own.

Fraps doesn't mess up the colour, it's just a switch between the orange mode and the blue mode. It's hard to explain without playing the game.

But hey, it's a one-up from this youtube.com/watch?v=dFB9xHZw2ks

Ah okay yeah, it looks a bit seizure inducing to be honest :D Still more than I ever achieved when I learned to code so I can't laugh :(

Best of luck with that, might see you on Steam Greenlight in time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

I finish on the 16th. I intend to come home, play on the PlayStation, watch some netflix and then go out with my friends. I have a holiday with the family then. The debs is on soon after that. Cousins from America are coming over then. I have my driving license to get as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

I'm done on the 11th. Going to celebrate in style by getting my hair cut after. Going to binge on the Xbox for the rest of evening then over the rest of the summer I'm going to learn some stuff like Italian and sit my theory test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭Cheerios

I'm finished on the 19th. My friend and I are going to Japan right after that. Can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Dianabluex

can't wait to finish on the 16Th going on a shopping spree in london and starting my fitness routine

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LordKingJimmy

I have no plans what so ever. Kinda just looking forward to a time where I dont HAVE to do anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TheMrBeale

Finishing on the 15th with Physics and then cocaine.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭gracew

Finished up on the 12th then off on holiday on the 14th! Then try to get a job and heading to electric picnic and two other weekend trips away, then debs and hopefully get my place in college!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Can I just put in a word of warning here ... though that's probably over-stating it a bit!

Many people will look forward to being finished, and think they will feel like a million dollars, and ofc there will be a sense of relief ... but often (not always, depends on the person) what happens is that as all the stress-induced adrenaline drains away, you just end up feeling really really blehhhhhhhhh!

You will probably need to catch up on sleep and veg a bit for a day or two, but try to plan at least a couple of small things for the week after you finish if you don't have specific plans, even if it's only going hill-walking with a couple of mates, or heading to the beach if the weather holds, or whatever.

Nothing too strenuous, but incorporating some physical exercise with the social element does help, as exercise will help your body to just get back in balance again. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cog96

Why am i looking at this and not studying .......

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

I'll be finished on the 15th with Physics - I plan to sleep and maybe finish Ace Attorney... My friend is going home to Italy soon so there'll be a party for that at some point! I'm going to be working all summer on the beach, and I'm hoping for good weather so I'll get more tips :P The debs aren't until August, and the less said about them, the better... The stress of buying a dress! I'm tempted to defy gender norms and go in a suit, but I think my mother would disown me...

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Laurenom

just music left on the 18th! Then off on holidays, come back and binge OITNB! Netflix, play station, watching YouTube vids without feeling guilty, watching tv without feeling guilty , doing basically anything without feeling guilty!! :p

First morning ive woken up with no exams..im not free but I feel like it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Dianabluex

same got to study for chemistry physics and espaÑol !

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

Me too, just slept for 11 hours... I should be studying for German but yera tis only German!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 KatieHennessy

Me too, just slept for 11 hours... I should be studying for German but yera tis only German!

I'm in the exact same mindset! It's so hard to learn for German anyway. Will do some revising later on but I'm just gonna be lazy for a few more hours :D

Slept for 12 hours too! Cleaned my whole room and everything..why am I not studying :O

• Advertisement
Advertisement