Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawnmower height

Options
  • 03-06-2015 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭

Hi I'm new to lawn care and about a week ago I cut the grass. I wasn't too sure about it but set the mower at 20/30mm. From reading here I think that's way to short especially with the couple of humps in the garden. When should I cut it again and I think 40 or 50 is probably a better height?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Has anyone got an idea of what I should do or when to cut it again? I'm clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭TAZ32

if i remember a proper lawn is around the 15-25mm mark. personally i would go lower but in stages and not in one cut. over a period of weeks. there is a few yellow patches, probably to thick of growth and to much taken of at once. could still give a feed of nitrogen or lawn sand, the iron in this will help green it up.

Advertisement