Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

frozen accounts

Options
  • 03-06-2015 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello Bank of Ireland

My father died on 22.04.15.  I went into his bank branch a week or so later, and gave in the death cert. and was told his accounts would be frozen until probate was granted, and all direct debits would be refused from that day on.

I checked his accounts today and a direct debit has been processed.  
    At the same time I paid off his credit card and wrote into your credit card section asking for the account to be closed, as i couldn't speak to anyone over the phone on this issue.  
    I checked today and a bill has been applied to this account, after i asked for it to be closed.

Can you please give me details of who to send a private message to, to get this mess sorted out.  thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Nanor128

Thanks for coming to us with your query.

We're very sorry to hear of your fathers passing and apologies for the recent situation, we would really like to help with this here. You can certainly send us a PM and we'll arrange a call to you to resolve asap.

To send us a PM, please ensure your signature is set to display in your 'Control Panel Settings' and then click on the link in my signature to send a private message.

Please include your father's full name, the name of the Branch that your father's accounts are with, your contact number and your full name also. Be careful not to send any account information.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement