Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Kanger Subox Mini

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

moleyv wrote: »
    Just regarding the occ coils, I was going to order some there, but was unsure if I was buying the original ones or the new ones?

Any help appreciated? I know the new RBA has large holes on the side and the older one had smaller ones lower.

Was it the same with the disposables?

Just to come back to this, ordered some 0.5 OCC coils.

They were genuine, code checked out.

They are not the same. One in the subbox mini kit are vertical coils, these are horizontal, plus the wattage range is more limited.

Fine, you say.... at least they can still be used....

Nope, they don't fit the base. They are smaller so won't thread compared to the one that came with the subbox mini.

So where does one acquire these new vertical coils. Bit of a nuisance, I'll be getting into building a lot quicker it seems.

This also raises some issues with backwards compatibility. But I don't have an older subtank to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

moleyv wrote: »
    Just to come back to this, ordered some 0.5 OCC coils.

They were genuine, code checked out.

They are not the same. One in the subbox mini kit are vertical coils, these are horizontal, plus the wattage range is more limited.

Fine, you say.... at least they can still be used....

Nope, they don't fit the base. They are smaller so won't thread compared to the one that came with the subbox mini.

So where does one acquire these new vertical coils. Bit of a nuisance, I'll be getting into building a lot quicker it seems.

This also raises some issues with backwards compatibility. But I don't have an older subtank to check.

Here are the vertical coils http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/occv.htm

All Subtank coils are backward compatible,they are supposed to be,I have seen it in all videos,even on the link for the vertical coil,it says it fits all.
    Must do some investigating...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Just Picked up a black one last night and DAMN!

For the price it is one amazing piece of kit, a testament to how far vaping technology has come in the past few years. Even a newbie could pick up this badboy for under $100 and get thick wafty clouds of vapor hanging over his head within seconds of taking it out of the box without knowing a thing about wattage, resistance etc ... and just get on board.

Doesn't leak, isn't "massive", pretty much foolproof, cheap spares, and great flovor - not much more you could ask for.

The only con with it, is that so many people have one that there is very little to talk about with other vapers anymore.
    "Hey bud what are you using"
    -"A Sub-box mini"
    "Oh I got one too "

*Cue the Awkward Glances*

:p

I got the silicone sleeve thrown in for free (recommended) so the battery door "issue" is a non-issue, and it feels really nice.

Reckon this will be with me for quite a while - nicely done Kanger.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Taking plunge on this tomorrow i think, aside from battery and juice is that all that's needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭emmisaro

Taking plunge on this tomorrow i think, aside from battery and juice is that all that's needed?

It has everything you need to get started. One of each occ head and an rba base with two premade coils and some cotton

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Its either coils or rebuild able right, cotton isn't needed for coils?

Yeah you don't need cotton for the coils :)

Purple box tomorrow it is, my nautilus and eleaf decided to grind their threads to oblivion over weekend. Need something asap and this seems to be the one to go for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

two coils 1.5 and a .5 plus a rebuildable with 2 ready made coils,and cotton for the coils.just make sure you lower the watts before vaping its set to 50 watts:eek: i nearly lost my lips:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Just be sure when ordering replacement coils you get the vertical ones. Linked a few posts ago at ESI.

For some reason the older horizontal ones wouldn't fit for me despite supposed to be backwards compatible.

In any case, whether they fit for others or not, the horizontal ones are much better and the newer design.

• Advertisement

just found two unused batteries too now from a nemesis/kayfun failed adventure.

charging via device reccommended? or get charger?

just found two unused batteries too now from a nemesis/kayfun failed adventure.

charging via device reccommended? or get charger?
    i charge mine via the kanger no problems.i chain vape so the battery doesnt last all day,no problem for me cause i drive for a living so charge/vape as i go.
    but if you cant do that then best to carry a extra battery(vaping at 17 watts)

so then yes,get a charger

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

And a good one too.
    Do not skimp out on batteries or their chargers.

purchased. a little underwhelmed, need to look at new liquids i feel

purchased. a little underwhelmed, need to look at new liquids i feel

What don't you like about it?

deco nate wrote: »
    What don't you like about it?

i moved from a eleaf and nautilus, and i dont see a huge improvement, maybe i need get on the rba buzz, also i have been stuck on dekang liquids which i assume is not the finest but tbh i am happy with it, maybe if anyone can reccommend an better blueberry, nothing fancy

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/mountain.htm
    i moved from a eleaf and nautilus, and i dont see a huge improvement, maybe i need get on the rba buzz, also i have been stuck on dekang liquids which i assume is not the finest but tbh i am happy with it, maybe if anyone can reccommend an better blueberry, nothing fancy
    Sorry but that's like putting paint stripper (dekang) in a Ferrari.
    You should try this, also when they get it back in stock next week try dragonfire. It's amazing how sharp the taste is from the little piece of kit, imo :)

I agree with everything Deco Nate said. Definitely get better juice. Dragonfire is lovely I've tried that one. I hear the other flavours from game of clouds are nice too. Perino cream berry is fantastic too

Advertisement