Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch 10/10-workaround to allow this panel to continue to notify remotely?

Options
  • 03-06-2015 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi all. I have a HKC SecureWatch 10/10 which was installed in 2003.

I added a HKC Digimodem 1.7 dialler card to this system in 2005.
    This sends a SMS text to my mobile phone using my landline, notifying me when the alarm is activated and what zones are affected.
    This is a very useful feature.

Unfortunately, my landline provider is removing the SMS Text service from 30th June 2015.:(

Is there a workaround to allow this panel/system to continue to notify remotely when the alarm activates?
    Perhaps via voice alert, or using GSM or IP?

I have the Eng code for the system.
    I would prefer not to have to replace the entire system.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Have you considered professional monitoring?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭pathogan2008

What I like about the Digi Texter is that it is set up to text 4 different people that are near the property.
    The response time from these is probably going to be faster than a monitoring service.

Can a monitoring service work around the removal of the landline SMS service? I imagine that they would have to insert some electronics on the landline path?

I would prefer to avoid recurring costs, but I'm open to all suggestions.
    PH

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What I like about the Digi Texter is that it is set up to text 4 different people that are near the property.
    The response time from these is probably going to be faster than a monitoring service.
    That depends on the message centres it has to go through or sit in. If your alarm goes off at a busy time like new years eve go knows when your text will arrive.
    Can a monitoring service work around the removal of the landline SMS service? I imagine that they would have to insert some electronics on the landline path?
    The monitoring station would use a standard PSTN dialler to communicate with the station.
    I would prefer to avoid recurring costs, but I'm open to all suggestions.
    If you want to avoid recurring costs altogether upgrade to an IP panel like Siemens , Risco or GSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭pathogan2008

KoolKid wrote: »
    The monitoring station would use a standard PSTN dialler to communicate with the station.

Is there a PSTN dialler that I could use with the HKC 10/10?

PH

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi all. I have a HKC SecureWatch 10/10 which was installed in 2003.

I added a HKC Digimodem 1.7 dialler card to this system in 2005.
    This sends a SMS text to my mobile phone using my landline, notifying me when the alarm is activated and what zones are affected.
    This is a very useful feature.

Unfortunately, my landline provider is removing the SMS Text service from 30th June 2015.:(

Is there a workaround to allow this panel/system to continue to notify remotely when the alarm activates?
    Perhaps via voice alert, or using GSM or IP?

I have the Eng code for the system.
    I would prefer not to have to replace the entire system.

Thanks

HKC have also set up a messaging center that can be used with any provider if you still wanted to use the text service. It does come at a cost per Month. It can be used with any service provider you have in place and will also text any network of phone an end customer has, it will even text abroad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is there a PSTN dialler that I could use with the HKC 10/10?

PH

There is, your current text dialler may work also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

KoolKid wrote: »
    There is, your current text dialler may work also.

HKC didn't even mention a 6/10 or 10/10 on their installer bulletin earlier today, it might only work on 8/12's etc.

For monitoring via a central station ..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

kub wrote: »
    HKC didn't even mention a 6/10 or 10/10 on their installer bulletin earlier today, it might only work on 8/12's etc.

If you have the text card it will work with the 6/10.

Advertisement