Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,548 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Woke up at 3:38 lol. So my only bet today was Dltripleseven. Thanks again Zimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭vandriver

Nothing left to do except get stuck into DLTRIPLESEVEN so.

Nothing indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Woke up at 3:38 lol. So my only bet today was Dltripleseven. Thanks again Zimmer.

Happy to oblige,11/4 last night was some price and 5/2 was still available this morning. Jonjo ONeill's son could win as cheekily as he liked on DLTRIPLESEVEN and i love nothing more than bad favourites who can be taken on.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,157 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Check Em Tuesday 25-1 LB 6.55

Won over c&d two back. Ran well last time out when short of room, i think it can place here at least

1pts ew 25-1

FIRMDECISIONS has won its last 2 races running on strongly on both occasions winning by a head both times,horses like this are a handicappers nightmare as he cannot put them up too much and FIRM DECISIONS has only gone up 2 lbs and 3 lbs for its last 2 wins.

He came with a good run last time to beat HALF A SIXPENCE 1/2 a length and is only 2lbs worse off with that rival tomorrow and still looks well handicapped to me off a mark of 87 as he won a class 3 handicap off 91 last year.

Some might be worried that he has not won over a mile and all his wins have been at 7 furlongs but he did win over 7 at Newmarket last year and that is a stiff enough track.He finishes off his races very well and Pat Cosgrave was on board for last 4 wins,knows the horse well and that can only help.
    Can be backed at 8/1 and is a good ew bet for the hatrick. Runs in the 5 45 at Chelmsford and is a course winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Didn't go a yard unfortunately.

FIRMDECISIONS,drawn on the inside needed to get closer from the break to avoid being trapped
    ,he did not and never got into the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,157 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Triple Dream 7.45

I like this very consistent over this trip.

Should go close,

2pts win at 25-1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

12.55 Exeter Always On The Run
    Feel horse is worth an e/w bet at 10/1, yard are in fine form with 28% strike rate in last 14 days, horse has excellent 3/4 75% strike rate in class 3 events suited by the conditions, should run well.
    (Meeting OFF)

13.50 Sandown Antartica De Thaix (2nd)
    drops in class, top horse for a top yard

15.00 Sandown Gores Island (2nd)
    Well handicapped horse 8lbs below last winning mark, 38% strike rate over today’s trip conditions

Just noticed Gary Moore has 5 runners in 3 races at sandown today
    last year he had 7 and won 6

Vikehal 12.40 and Imari Kid 1.15, probably the pick of them

small stakes

also at Wolves.. Indigo Princess (2nd again...so close!) 4:10 MUSTARRID 4:40 WIN! drifted a little as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

God Sgt you were unlucky with Antartica thought it would get it on stewards enquiry. Imari kid looked a feckin nightmare to control!! Great tank on it but very green!!!

racso1975 wrote: »
    God Sgt you were unlucky with Antartica thought it would get it on stewards enquiry. Imari kid looked a feckin nightmare to control!! Great tank on it but very green!!!

yep, gutted, seemed to have it several times!

Paul Moloney misses a few decent chances for his stable (Evan Williams) at Chepstow to go to Aintree to ride one for Williams in the 12 oc called EVENING HUSH.

A winner on the flat in Ireland and has form with a few who were listed class, EVENING HUSH hacked up on her only run over hurdles when beating a JP McManus French import called LITTERALE CI at Exeter two weeks ago and who takes her on again.
    EVENING HUSH won as she liked that day and started at 8/1 while LITTERALE CI went off a well backed 5/2 fav.

I have backed EVENING HUSH at 3/1 and I am hoping the money comes for the McMANUS horse or indeed anything else in the race that may increase the odds.
    3 year old fillies are not everyones cup of tea but EVENING HUSH seems as tough as a gelding and should be too good for these fillies.

I will not be shocked if the Williams filly turns out to be pretty good and I have had a decent bet on it

12:20 Sandown Bardd 9/4
    Henderson going for 8 years in a row

Sandown Double\Treble\Trixie whatever

12:20 Bardd 9/4 (not great!)
    Henderson going for 8 years in a row
    1:55 - Altior...was 2/5 but price been smashed out of it (WIN)
    2:25 Consul De Thaix 5/1 2nd

others
    Fairyhouse 11:55 - Martello Tower 7/4 WIN
    Sandown 1:20 - Blue Rambler 2/1 (NR)
    Aintree 2:10 - Debece 3/1 (3rd but drifted)

all in all not too bad,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I'll tell you one thing Zimmer, I owe you more than a few pints. You're something else with the fancies. Cheers bud!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I'll tell you one thing Zimmer, I owe you more than a few pints. You're something else with the fancies. Cheers bud!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Paul Moloney misses a few decent chances for his stable (Evan Williams) at Chepstow to go to Aintree to ride one for Williams in the 12 oc called EVENING HUSH.

A winner on the flat in Ireland and has form with a few who were listed class, EVENING HUSH hacked up on her only run over hurdles when beating a JP McManus French import called LITTERALE CI at Exeter two weeks ago and who takes her on again.
    EVENING HUSH won as she liked that day and started at 8/1 while LITTERALE CI went off a well backed 5/2 fav.

I have backed EVENING HUSH at 3/1 and I am hoping the money comes for the McMANUS horse or indeed anything else in the race that may increase the odds.
    3 year old fillies are not everyones cup of tea but EVENING HUSH seems as tough as a gelding and should be too good for these fillies.

I will not be shocked if the Williams filly turns out to be pretty good and I have had a decent bet on it
    Never got on :mad: But another great shout Zimmer well done

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

hefferboi wrote: »

Indeed, same here. Not just a winner but she demolished the field and the race panned out exactly as you expected. Winning distances 21l, 9l, 8l, incredible.

As you said yourself Zimmer in the tips thread you are probably better off just going with the ones you fancy yourself. You have the knack for it anyway.

Landed a nice touch today and did not have another bet but going to back 3 tonight at Wol for much smaller stakes than I had on EVENING HUSH.

Lads going money back if 2nd or 3rd to the fav usual conditions.

SEVERUS in the 5 45 ran well in 5th last time when only beaten a length and a quarter and has a good ew chance at 7s with Lads. Has run some good races in Ireland and this race will not take much winning.
    POETS SOCIETY is 14 or 16/1 and his stablemate is a very hot fav for the 7 15 a fast track race for the good Friday meeting that all trainers want to get into.Only 7 runners but I still put a few quid ew on the tough POETS SOCIETY who is not without a chance.
    The other one worth an ew bet is WINNING STORY in the 7 45,Godolphin would hardly hang on to the gelding unless they felt he would improve for being gelded,has reasonable form in the context of this race and at 5/1 can win for Suroor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Landed a nice touch today and did not have another bet but going to back 3 tonight at Wol for much smaller stakes than I had on EVENING HUSH.

Lads going money back if 2nd or 3rd to the fav usual conditions.

SEVERUS in the 5 45 ran well in 5th last time when only beaten a length and a quarter and has a good ew chance at 7s with Lads. Has run some good races in Ireland and this race will not take much winning.
    POETS SOCIETY is 14 or 16/1 and his stablemate is a very hot fav for the 7 15 a fast track race for the good Friday meeting that all trainers want to get into.Only 7 runners but I still put a few quid ew on the tough POETS SOCIETY who is not without a chance.
    The other one worth an ew bet is WINNING STORY in the 7 45,Godolphin would hardly hang on to the gelding unless they felt he would improve for being gelded,has reasonable form in the context of this race and at 5/1 can win for Suroor.

That was beautiful on severus, only pity os I.have him in a double with arse and only got 5s

POETS SOCIETY non runner in the 7 15 and the fav well beaten,my view that the fav could be taken on was correct and it is a pity my big priced fancy was taken out.

Some great racing in Fairyhouse today when we may learn a lot and some clues for the big xmas and Cheltenham meetings will be provided.

Some small field but tricky nonetheless races on view but it will not be easy to get winners so I will just enjoy watching most of them today.

The 2. 10 is worth €59,000 to the winner and JP McManus seems anxious to get the cash as he has 7 runners including the fav CAMPEADOR who was unlucky when falling at Cheltenham last year in the Fred Winter novices handicap.I think JP will get the cash alright but not with the fav,who lacks experience and is likely to be better with one or two more runs and could be a good Cheltenham prospect.

The one I think will win is COPY THAT,3rd last time out in a good Galway handicap when he was running on well at the finish,has won 3 of the 7 races he contested inc a very good handicap last December at the big Leopardstown meeting.

Barry Geraghty chooses Campeador but he he wouldn't be the first jockey to pick the wrong one.I am a fan of COPY THAT'S trainer,the shrewd and capable Eddie Harty and I think the horse has a great chance today,its a big field and as usual luck in running is important but I have had €25 ew at 12s and I am confident of a good run.

No joy with today's bet,though McManus won with another horse the fav was unlucky just as he was at Cheltenham. Racing was of a high quality and a few have gone into the notebook.

A feature of today's racing was the fact that McManus,OLeary and Mullins and his owners totally dominate NH irish racing and smaller trainers will have very little to play for.
    Owners of average performers will be forced to race in Britain if they are to get into the winners enclosure.

MYTHICAL MADNESS is having his first run for OMeara in the 7 15 at Wol tomorrow after being claimed out of a race week ago when he gave 2 lbs and a 2 length beating to the good yardstick READY,MYTHICAL MADNESS was having his first run for almost a year and can only improve.

On his previous run he was beaten a head by VOLUNTEER POINT (won today) with the useful FIRMAMENT a neck behind GETTING 8 LBS.It is likely he will improve again and if so will take all the beating and I have backed it already ew at 6/1 with PP.

I had thought JACBEQUICK had enough for the season until his last run behind BEARDWOOD whom I fancied and duly obliged in a better race than this.JACBEQUICK also ran a blinder when 5th of 20 behind LAURENCE in Newmarket and has a great chance in the 7 45 at Wol.

Reasonably well handicapped and a useful 5 lb claimer on board he looks great value at the 8/1 available and I have backed it ew.The only problem is the mile and a half trip,he has never won over that far before (ran a fairly reasonable 3 rd on his only run) and while he has been staying on over 10 and a half furlongs I cannot be certain he will stay but my gut feeling is that he will and I have taken the chance that he will give OMeara a double
    JACBEQUICK can turn the tables on BEARDWOOD on 8 lbs better terms inc jockey's claim in the 1 55 at Ling tomorrow.Beaten 3 1/4 lengths last time he has every chance on the revised terms and at 14s or 16s is worth a few quid ew.It is by no means a 2 horse race and BEARDWOOD is a good horse but JACBEQUICK having his 3rd run on the AW ran well last time over a trip too far for him 1 1/2 miles and is well suited by the 1 1/4 miles tomorrow.

A few i like tonight

6pm Dundalk OUR MANEKINEKO 7/1 worth an e/w as just 1lb higher than last victory in march

6:15 Kempton Music Major 5/2 really like this one (NAP)
    and also
    6:45 Kempton Inniscastle Lad 7/1
    again worth a good e/w as only 2lb fron when scoring in October

probably will put the kempton ones in a e/w double as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Going to have an EW bet on Star Links in the 630.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Topsoil in the 17.25 Chelmsford, stuck it into my tracker last time when it got mugged in at the rail and had no room when it was just getting going. 10-1 atm. Only issue is that 7f might be a bit too far.

14:40 Taunton Winning Spark 11/4
    2/7 at the course, trip and conditions suit this fine horse

get on it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

14:40 Taunton Winning Spark 11/4
    2/7 at the course, trip and conditions suit this fine horse

get on it now

What a finish hope he got it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement