Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

henley.83 wrote: »
    I just backed HARD TO HANDEL in the 2 oc at Southwell tomorrow at 4/1 with PP.

The horse has never run on fibresand and normally that would be a cause for concern,however this is a poor claiming race and while RHOMBUS comes out ahead on official figures HARD TO HANDEL put him in his place today and meets him on much better terms now. He has a good 7 lb claimer on board who rode a winner for OMeara on Saturday and as there are question marks over the rest of the field HARD TO HANDEL is the most likely winner.

OMeara has won with his last 5 runners and clearly has his horses in top form so anything he runs should be given careful consideration.At 4/1 I believe HARD TO HANDEL is way overpriced and if he handles the ground should be fav.

Do you think he will run him after winning today Zimmer?

Obviously he thinks so if he just tipped it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 henley.83

Shanee. wrote: »
    Obviously he thinks so if he just tipped it?!

Calm down, I'm only asking because a few sites have doubts over his participation tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

henley.83 wrote: »
    Do you think he will run him after winning today Zimmer?

Yes,he did not have a hard race only got two taps as he came to pick off the leader close home.

But whether he runs depends on how he ate up tonight and it is not like we are betting ante-post,if he is a non runner we get our money back so it is not an issue.
    The stable are anxious to keep banging in winners while in good form and there will be more OMeara horses out in the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Hard to Handel wont be running today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

12.30 Southwell Clubland 10/3
    Horse now on very attractive mark of 68 last won off 80, return to Southwell should go very close today with 5 course wins.
    31% strike rate at the course, 29% strike rate in class 5 events.

bit more info about clubland

Clubland (12.30) is an interesting runner in the sprint handicap now that he returns to his best surface. He has won five times on the Fibresand, most recently over today’s six-furlong trip from a mark of 80, and has an obvious chance as he returns for the first time since March with his rating down to 68.

• Advertisement

AFRICAN SHOWGIRL can win the 1 30 for Ivan Furtado today at Southwell.
    One of the few who have run at the track she is only 3 lbs above her last winning mark and I have a few quid ew on at 9/2.

One of the few who have run at the track she is only 3 lbs above her last winning mark and I have a few quid ew on at 9/2.

good luck I am on Dusky Dawn in that race. CD winner and won well back in April and hopefully sorted itself out after a recent run after a lay off

single and double with Unnoticed in the 15:30 (e/w)

12.30 Southwell Clubland 10/3
    Horse now on very attractive mark of 68 last won off 80, return to Southwell should go very close today with 5 course wins.
    31% strike rate at the course, 29% strike rate in class 5 events.

bit more info about clubland

Clubland (12.30) is an interesting runner in the sprint handicap now that he returns to his best surface. He has won five times on the Fibresand, most recently over today’s six-furlong trip from a mark of 80, and has an obvious chance as he returns for the first time since March with his rating down to 68.

wow that was awful

A draw today,the filly looked as if she might win for a while- probably needs to drop a few pounds more.

Backed REEL LEISURE 3 40 Newbury ran ok lto trainer in good form 3 winners in last fortnight and money back if 2nd or 3rd to the fav as a free bet in Lads,looks value at 5/1 against an unraced fav.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Backed REEL LEISURE 3 40 Newbury ran ok lto trainer in good form 3 winners in last fortnight and money back if 2nd or 3rd to the fav as a free bet in Lads,looks value at 5/1 against an unraced fav.

Well done. Wasn't home from work to do this in time but it had drifted to 9/1 in mulhollands so would have been a healthy EW.

2nd to the even money fav,money back as a free bet,forecast paid over €12

WITH PLEASURE has a very good chance in the 5 50 at Chelm,was not suited by the 10 furlongs last time and this is his trip.
    I have not backed it as it is a bit skinny at 7/4-13/8 that's generally available so I will wait in the hope that he drifts and if not I will hold onto my cash.

12:30 exeter

There may be some e/w value in LADY KARINA 25-1.
    Venetia Williams horse should come on a lot for her last run
    Horse is the the daughter of Kayf Tara and I will be having a small e/w

WITH PLEASURE has a very good chance in the 5 50 at Chelm,was not suited by the 10 furlongs last time and this is his trip.
    I have not backed it as it is a bit skinny at 7/4-13/8 that's generally available so I will wait in the hope that he drifts and if not I will hold onto my cash.

No sign of a drift and as the race is close between THREEBAGSUE,RITASUN and WITH PLEASURE I will not be backing WITH PLEASURE,i still believe he has the best chance but the price is too skinny.

12:30 exeter

There may be some e/w value in LADY KARINA 25-1.
    Venetia Williams horse should come on a lot for her last run
    Horse is the the daughter of Kayf Tara and I will be having a small e/w

Got the place and came down from the price I got to 10-1, so still a nice profit

Some nice racing at Ascot today and we should get plenty of clues for the future and I will pay particular attention to the bumper and hope to note a few that may pay to follow.

I am putting a few quid ew on GENTLEMEN in 5 15 at Wol,this horse helped to showcase the talent of Josephine Gordon who has won 5 times on him.

He is a quirky horse who has nothing hidden from the handicapper off a mark of 94 but has a turn of foot and can repay a little support ew at 12/1.

COILLTE MACH ,(it will be interesting to hear how his name is pronounced by the racecaller)is having his 2nd run for OMeara in the 7 15 and while it is possible connections will be trying to discover the key to this horse who showed some promise in a few maidens in Ireland,showed little in Britain before his last run which was not too bad in the context of this race.

Not one to risk a fortune on he is wearing a hood for the first time today and the fact that he is still in the same ownership suggests to me that he is not a lost cause and I am having a small ew bet at 20/1 and an even smaller ew double on the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Zimmerman what do you make of the 6.45 in Wolverhampton? I fancy the fav CANFORD THOMPSON

hefferboi wrote: »
    Zimmerman what do you make of the 6.45 in Wolverhampton? I fancy the fav CANFORD THOMPSON

I think that without doubt he is the clear form choice,lightly raced on the flat so should have some improvement and the form of last run has been franked by the 1st and 3rd.

Should come out on top if running to the same level again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭HenryHill

Some nice racing at Ascot today and we should get plenty of clues for the future and I will pay particular attention to the bumper and hope to note a few that may pay to follow.

I am putting a few quid ew on GENTLEMEN in 5 15 at Wol,this horse helped to showcase the talent of Josephine Gordon who has won 5 times on him.

He is a quirky horse who has nothing hidden from the handicapper off a mark of 94 but has a turn of foot and can repay a little support ew at 12/1.

COILLTE MACH ,(it will be interesting to hear how his name is pronounced by the racecaller)is having his 2nd run for OMeara in the 7 15 and while it is possible connections will be trying to discover the key to this horse who showed some promise in a few maidens in Ireland,showed little in Britain before his last run which was not too bad in the context of this race.

Not one to risk a fortune on he is wearing a hood for the first time today and the fact that he is still in the same ownership suggests to me that he is not a lost cause and I am having a small ew bet at 20/1 and an even smaller ew double on the two.

Got on gentlemen e/w at 11s, cheers

• Advertisement

hefferboi wrote: »

Monna Valley for me

out of exceed and excel and should be there or thereabouts

2nd at Chelmsford 2 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

Easy boy next at Dundalk just got the word

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Have Gentemen, Easy Boy and Burren View Lady in a Trixie. Hoping the last one can do it in the 7.30!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

STADEdeLUC wrote: »
    Fancy the pants of Geological in the 20:30 in dundalk, rock bottom weight, stable love a gamble, good draw, good trip for the horse! WIN

Internet stranger you are my hero. Threw on a tenner for the laugh, got 8/1 deadly.

Also spotted it was a 10lb claimer on board, all the stars were aligned there.

Great spot, hope you had more on then me. Well done.

The 3 35 at Ascot is a competitive handicap with a few trainers having several entries and the winning horses Sternrubin and Jollyscracked it looking to win it again.

My original fancy for the race was the JP McManus owned Modus ridden in preference to a couple of others by Barrry Geraghty. He was 3rd behind Sternrubin at Ascot in a good handicap almost 2 months ago with FERGALL a head behind receiving 6 lbs.

FERGALL receives a stone tomorrow inc the 5 lbs claimed by the jockey and while at 9 years he will hardly improve I must have a few euro ew at the 28/1-5 places offered by PP.
    FERGALL goes best after a break and has a sporting chance at a big price (will probably go off at 33s) for his small trainer.

Some good money on offer at Lingfield and a few I fancy are;
    PINZOLO who may be able to go off in front and stay there in the 12.15 at 9/2-5/1 doesn't win very often but this is a bad race and he is a good ew bet.

GRENDISAR is a standing dish at the track,has a great record here,likes to come late and Marco Botti has him laid out for this race. Would be rated a maximum bet if regular partner Adam Kirby was on board but George Baker rides for the first time and though he is a very good pilot I would be happier if Kirby was on top. runs in the 2oc.

For all that GRENDISAR is straightforward and is a solid bet at better than evens.

RECKLESS WAVE has never raced beyond 10 furlongs but everything about him suggests he will be well suited by a mile and a half and if he is fit after being off for 135 days he should win this and some other races over staying trips.Goes in the 2 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭rtron

PINZOLO wins - have him some doubles with some others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Pinzolo wins,great start Zimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭bladespin

Thanks Zim, great start to the Christmas, hope you max out today.

• Advertisement

Good start and i have PINZOLO in a lucky 15 ew with EMMA BEAG, i-likes it heavy i 35 Fhouse,DESERT SUNSHINE 12 40 Ascot and RECKLESS WAVE 2 35 Ling and i had a nice ew single bet on the front runner PINZOLO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement