Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Saleh 12:10 Lingfield 4-1

12:55 Leicester Little Pop. Twiston davis horse, money coming for it 6-1, has a good win and place record, worth an e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

A bad couple of days,lost a good few quid but not enough to bother me too much as a regular punter,what really has me miffed is the fact that I got strong word for COILLTE AMACH today in plenty of time, I was in the bar in the stand watching the racing in Limerick on tv and just got to the Ladbrokes office on the same floor as the bar in time to see the stalls open and I have no need to tell what happened and a bad day just became worse.

Coillte Cailin? I have Coillte Mac in my tracker and thought it was after getting away on me.... Did u ever hear what happened on its last run, was a very funny ride. Acapella Bourgeois well fancied in 1.20 Leop today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

razorhead wrote: »
    Coillte Cailin? I have Coillte Mac in my tracker and thought it was after getting away on me.... Did u ever hear what happened on its last run, was a very funny ride. Acapella Bourgeois well fancied in 1.20 Leop today

It was of course coillte cailin no I didn't not hear

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

It was of course coillte cailin no I didn't not hear

Any opinions on PRINCE OF SCARS in punchestown 12.15 on Saturday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dollseyes

Was just wondering does anyone else think the bookies are under estimating Unify running at Doncaster at 2.05 today.

Was away for a few days,now trying to get back to normal and backed two today.

PLAY THE ACE a multiple point winner should be suited by the ground and distance in the 2 30 at Taunton.AFRICAN SHOWGIRL 3 20 Newcastle has no more to do than when a close 3rd last time and should be there or thereabouts today.
    A score ew both and a tenner ew double.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 henley.83

Was given Great Colaci e/w in the 420 at Newcastle.....same guy normally is good with his info!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

.AFRICAN SHOWGIRL 3 20 Newcastle has no more to do than when a close 3rd last time and should be there or thereabouts today.

5-1 @2 oclock went off at 14-1 ! Did its leg fall off in the ring !

5-1 @2 oclock went off at 14-1 ! Did its leg fall off in the ring !

Ran well for most of the way and faded as the drift suggested he might.

Today was certainly not the plan,beaten about 4 1/2 lengths,has the ability to win when connections get him in the "right" race so worth keeping an eye on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

henley.83 wrote: »
    Was given Great Colaci e/w in the 420 at Newcastle.....same guy normally is good with his info!

Nice one. Well backed as well. I only got 7s but it'll pay for tomorrow. Happy New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 henley.83

Nice one. Well backed as well. I only got 7s but it'll pay for tomorrow. Happy New Year.

Well done.....Won nicely too unlike its last win!
    Happy new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭CH3OH

henley.83 wrote: »

Thanks very much. You brightened my day.

Surprisingly Boylesports were a nice 8/1 at 15:35

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pollocks

henley.83 wrote:

Thank you sir

The grand old horse ALFRED HUTCHINSON is fancied to win again in the 2 05 at Lingfield but I think the younger horse QUAFFEL might not be finished improving yet and over tomorrow's trip,a mile is worth a bet.

GALA BALL at 9/2 in the 1 oc at Warick ew ,Knockgraffon 2 25 Newbury,Natural Scenery 2 40 Ling all have chances today.

LANDING NIGHT 14/1 is too big a price in the 1 45 at Southwell worth a few quid ew.

HIGHLAND ACCLAIM has more than enough ability to win this race also,particularly off current rating,a bit of a pig who does not always do his best but I am going to have a little ew on and a small rev forecast.

I quite fancy a pinch of ginger e/w at ayr in the 12:30, shorter trip should suit

13:50 Plumpton No comment, really like this one

I quite fancy a pinch of ginger e/w at ayr in the 12:30, shorter trip should suit

13:50 Plumpton No comment, really like this one

well finally a winner, bit of a drift as well :)

INAAM,my selection today and one i backed ew in a single drifted like mad all morning and was hardly ever in the race with a shout held up out the back before running on really strongly to finish a good 3rd.i do not know what the plan is but this fellow has a good bit in hand when they want to go with him,

INAAM runs in the 4 40 at Newcastle and those who backed him last time will remember that after drifting from 5s to 10s the horse was held up out the back before running into a bit of trouble and then staying on strongly a length and a quarter behind Tellovoi.

Two lbs better off with Tellovoi tomorrow INAAM should turn the tables if he is put into the race unlike last time,now ridden by D Nolan who was on board for the horses 3 wins he looks a very good ew bet at the 7s on offer with PP.
    I took that price and expect a very good run from the horse who has a lot of improvement in him and is a course and distance winner.

GENTLEMEN has a chance in the 5 10,can be a bit quirky but possesses a good turn of foot and Josephine Gordon gets on well with him so I am having a few quid ew and I am doubling him ew with INAAM.

• Advertisement

INAAM now half the price he was last night and I am glad I took the 7/1 and now we have to hope he does the biz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

INAAM now half the price he was last night and I am glad I took the 7/1 and now we have to hope he does the biz.

Hugh Taylor tipped him up which is why the price collapsed

Hugh Taylor tipped him up which is why the price collapsed

hes actually only given it a "tentative" vote..1pt. which doesn't instill confidence.
    I would say e/w at 7's was a good price, anything else I wouldnt touch

proud gamble 1:30 Muss, won last time out, been raised 6lb but has a good jock onboard and will be backing it (3 time CD winner)

single and double with just a sting 3:50 Bangor

and also treble with go george go newcastle 15:40

hes actually only given it a "tentative" vote..1pt. which doesn't instill confidence.
    I would say e/w at 7's was a good price, anything else I wouldnt touch

We all see races in different ways and I never concern myself with the opinions of Hugh Taylor or any other professional tipster.
    I remarked after INAAM'S last run that he was a" winner waiting to happen when connections wanted it" or words to that effect.

When I saw 7/1 last night I felt it was very generous and the jockey booking only confirmed my view.However it is a handicap and the saying "you pays your money and you takes your chances" comes to mind.

We all see races in different ways and I never concern myself with the opinions of Hugh Taylor or any other professional tipster.
    I remarked after INAAM'S last run that he was a" winner waiting to happen when connections wanted it" or words to that effect.

When I saw 7/1 last night I felt it was very generous and the jockey booking only confirmed my view.However it is a handicap and the saying "you pays your money and you takes your chances" comes to mind.

no worries, i only posted it so other people can see what he actually said.
    As you say, its just so blokes opinion.
    He does have a good jock on board but I would be more comfortable at the 7's you got, less so at his current price, hope he wins for you

no worries, i only posted it so other people can see what he actually said.
    As you say, its just so blokes opinion.
    He does have a good jock on board but I would be more comfortable at the 7's you got, less so at his current price, hope he wins for you

It is not a problem,i enjoy opinions being expressed as to the merit of backing or not backing a horse,i placed my ew bet at around 9 oc last night and I said in my post at 9 28 that INAAM was a good bet ew at 7/1 and advanced some of the reasons I thought the horse was a good bet,i said as much following his last defeat when he cost me a good few quid.

proud gamble 1:30 Muss, won last time out, been raised 6lb but has a good jock onboard and will be backing it (3 time CD winner) 6th, lacked staying power

single and double with just a sting 3:50 Bangor WON 6-1

and also treble with go george go newcastle 15:40 WON 10-11[/QUOTE]

2 single winners, 1 loser, losing double and treble, but a profit made

INAAM ran a poor race and jockey did not appear to be over concerned about getting 3rd as he eased the horse close home but I will not give up on him even if it means following him over a cliff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Having a small ew on ARTFUL ROGUE in the 15.15 at Lingfield. Has had a decent run of form on this track with a 4th by a neck, 1 place and 1 win in his last 3 outings over the same distance. At 8/1 I think it is very good value bet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement