Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Erm, so there is 35 races today...

j8DaBh9.png

Race 13! That's Stratford 3.25!

11 Runners in that one...

D2O8e6k.png

El Massivo 10/3!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Bachasson was impressive in the first at Sligo. I guess he goes for the novice hurdle on the Monday of the Galway festival. I won't be taking him on, thats for sure.

tinodz wrote: »
    Erm, so there is 35 races today...

j8DaBh9.png

Race 13! That's Stratford 3.25!

11 Runners in that one...

D2O8e6k.png

El Massivo 10/3!

:pac:

Unplaced fav! That's what happens when a random number generator directs you to a Brian Ellison horse!

Cannot believe Ballinderry moth is 6/4 in the last at killarney tomorrow. Her form is outstanding and gets weight from her only rivals with any form. Her second to bidourey on debut is very strong and dismissing a decent field of strong geldings lto is as strong a form you can get for a young filly. She should be odds on & I've lumped on. Would be shocked if she's turned over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

BumperD wrote: »
    Cannot believe Ballinderry moth is 6/4 in the last at killarney tomorrow. Her form is outstanding and gets weight from her only rivals with any form. Her second to bidourey on debut is very strong and dismissing a decent field of strong geldings lto is as strong a form you can get for a young filly. She should be odds on & I've lumped on. Would be shocked if she's turned over.

I've got a decent few quid on her at 6/5. Hopefully she does the business!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭gillamandango

Dont dismiss Rosshaven Lady, she didnt like the whip the last time and flashed her tail when struck, but still lenghtened and won like a good horse..With a month since the last run, this AOB horse is now the value

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Le Votre 8 45 Wol is worth backing tonight,cost a lot of money and ran with promise on its only outing and should be better for the experience.
    The 3 that have run are having their 3rd outing and may not be trying too hard as they will be qualified for handicaps after tonight.
    Any danger could come from those who have not run and I think the Botti trained Le Votre is good value.

Le Votre 8 45 Wol is worth backing tonight,cost a lot of money and ran with promise on its only outing and should be better for the experience.
    The 3 that have run are having their 3rd outing and may not be trying too hard as they will be qualified for handicaps after tonight.
    Any danger could come from those who have not run and I think the Botti trained Le Votre is good value.

Tip did not have much luck in running but this one makes no mistake giving me a profit on the day.

Dont dismiss Rosshaven Lady, she didnt like the whip the last time and flashed her tail when struck, but still lenghtened and won like a good horse..With a month since the last run, this AOB horse is now the value

I had a few quid on looked to have the race won when hanging badly,if a proper rail was in place rather than a jut out around which the horses had to run this unseating could have been avoided,though there is no doubt Rosshaven is a bit of a rogue and not one to trust.

Just saw the race at Killarney. Ballinderry moth was not going to win, then two horses taken out of the race & handed it on a plate & it still got 2nd. Not good enough unfortunately.

Back to the drawing board

• Advertisement

Caras Muse EW 20/1 (2.10)

Giving it a shot, though I saw something worthwhile in the last two runs - even thought she was well behind.

She is actually the most experienced fillie in the race - with just two runs behind her. I hope that means something.

Caras Muse EW 20/1 (2.10)

Giving it a shot, though I saw something worthwhile in the last two runs - even thought she was well behind.

She is actually the most experienced fillie in the race - with just two runs behind her. I hope that means something.

2nd. That's fine at 20s!

Happy these nice odds places keep coming in. :)

Will try one more..

Layla's Hero 20/1 EW (4.00)

This is a stretch, but he has won in Class 5 around this track and has placed in better company elsewhere. If things come together these is a chance today.

If he is held up of the leaders and pushed towards the end it will give best chance. If he try's to win from the front, I am turing of TV!

Will try one more..

Layla's Hero 20/1 EW (4.00)

This is a stretch, but he has won in Class 5 around this track and has placed in better company elsewhere. If things come together these is a chance today.

If he is held up of the leaders and pushed towards the end it will give best chance. If he try's to win from the front, I am turing of TV!

No luck, although should win again in timed based on that.

Cool Bahamian 4/1 (3.00)
    Draco 5/1 (3.05)

Singles
    + Double 30/1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Cool Bahamian 4/1 (3.00)

What a terrible start, would have won it easily if it starter properly, unlucky

Cool Bahamian 4/1 (3.00)
    Draco 5/1 (3.05)

Two very close 2nds :(:(

Based on the race I just watched at Killarney, I think front runners might have a good shot today, and Hes Our Robin (3.40) will have pace to maybe win from going out in front early

14/1 EW

That's me done for the day what ever happens.

Based on the race I just watched at Killarney, I think front runners might have a good shot today, and Hes Our Robin (3.40) will have pace to maybe win from going out in front early

14/1 EW

That's me done for the day what ever happens.

Right idea, wrong horse. Looking back at the race, Hes Our Robin feel backward through the pack very quick. Was thinking the saddle slipped, but maybe he just ran out of steam.

Tomorrow, Arc Lighter 16/1 EW (4.45)

Has talent, but has kept failing for a long time now. All the headgear in the world did not help either it seems (I backed him first time blinkers and cheekpieces, and he still had problems). He would have won a bunch of those races too if he simply went in a straight line.

However, I noticed that LTO he was running decent. He did not give the jockey any problems, and seems to at least try. The issue with thatrace was it was 2 miles, and he ran out of stamina, then faded

Tomorrow's race is 1m 2f - which is good as the horse has come 2nd 3 times at 1m 2f and 1m 3f. Also those three places were with his previous issues.

If (that might be a big if) he can run well, and has finally tidied up his running, then I think 16s is a good EW shot here.

Also, Dark Wave and Steppe Daughter have weight rises to deal with, which should hinder then slightly.

• Advertisement

Tomorrow, Arc Lighter 16/1 EW (4.45)

Has talent, but has kept failing for a long time now. All the headgear in the world did not help either it seems (I backed him first time blinkers and cheekpieces, and he still had problems). He would have won a bunch of those races too if he simply went in a straight line.

However, I noticed that LTO he was running decent. He did not give the jockey any problems, and seems to at least try. The issue with thatrace was it was 2 miles, and he ran out of stamina, then faded

Tomorrow's race is 1m 2f - which is good as the horse has come 2nd 3 times at 1m 2f and 1m 3f. Also those three places were with his previous issues.

If (that might be a big if) he can run well, and has finally tidied up his running, then I think 16s is a good EW shot here.

Also, Dark Wave and Steppe Daughter have weight rises to deal with, which should hinder then slightly.

4th. Well that was a long wait for nothing :(

Perfect Timing 14/1 (Market Rasen 3:30)

Stepping up to Class 1 looking for some big prize money. Have followed it in lesser races, and won a bit of money doing so. Might as well try the big odds today as he tackles top opposition.

No winners for me in two days... want a change!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Jack Naylor for me in the Irish Oaks.

She didn't perform at Epsom where I really fancied. Not sure if there was an excuse but every Horse deserves a shot at redemption.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

I want to marry richard fahy and have his babies...... A legend!

I am giving Monsieur Joe 20/1 a shot the next at Curragh to spring an upset.

I am giving Monsieur Joe 20/1 a shot the next at Curragh to spring an upset.

Bah, too many losers in a row right now! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Slattsy wrote: »
    Jack Naylor for me in the Irish Oaks.

She didn't perform at Epsom where I really fancied. Not sure if there was an excuse but every Horse deserves a shot at redemption.

2nd.
    Ran much better, just couldnt get to the winner who got first run.

i said i would do this yesterday, so giving it a shot...

I have threw a whole €10 on Closer To You (5.40) to win

40/1 bet on the outsider in a tactical horse race, and only Filly in the race.

Also, I feel Tesseract like to be held back and delivered late, which he wont get today.

i have seen weirder things happen with 3 runners battling.

i said i would do this yesterday, so giving it a shot...

I have threw a whole €10 on Closer To You (5.40) to win

40/1 bet on the outsider in a tactical horse race, and only Filly in the race.

Also, I feel Tesseract like to be held back and delivered late, which he wont get today.

i have seen weirder things happen with 3 runners battling.

No luck on that long shot, was beaten by a lot. I think I am gonna hold off til Galway now unless something I really like pops up.

• Advertisement

the last marju in the 8:30 at ballinrobe has seen a few quid

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement