Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

a few for today and like zimmer I am backing My Target
    Love this horse, 3 from 3, never been out of the top 3 and constantly posts good speed records.
    Only competition I can see is cricklewood green
    2pm lingfield

2:25 Kilgeel Hill at warwick e/w, has a real chance at 10-1 new yard does well with new horses and 2lb lower than last winning mark

1:50 Pobbles bay. has the best chasing form this season yet is 11/4?
    goes for the hat trick today and a good e/w

big odds 20-1 on Local Show 2:40 Kempton, won here a year ago and has had a few runs to shake off the cobwebs, but record is a good one and loves soft ground, e/w and if gets to the front early, big chance

all small stakes except My Target, medium

low odds double to fund the above
    12:30 Wetherby Mount Mews 8-11
    2:10 Punchestown Crack Mome 4-6

good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

a few for today and like zimmer I am backing My Target
    Love this horse, 3 from 3, never been out of the top 3 and constantly posts good speed records.
    Only competition I can see is cricklewood green
    2pm lingfield

2:25 Kilgeel Hill at warwick e/w, has a real chance at 10-1 new yard does well with new horses and 2lb lower than last winning mark

1:50 Pobbles bay. has the best chasing form this season yet is 11/4?
    goes for the hat trick today and a good e/w

big odds 20-1 on Local Show 2:40 Kempton, won here a year ago and has had a few runs to shake off the cobwebs, but record is a good one and loves soft ground, e/w and if gets to the front early, big chance

all small stakes except My Target, medium

low odds double to fund the above
    12:30 Wetherby Mount Mews 8-11
    2:10 Punchestown Crack Mome 4-6

good luck all

I like my target as well
    And think the same about pobbles bay, he has been very impressive since going chasing but champers on ice and mystical knight could be anything.
    Pobbles should be fav tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Jack of diamonds for me,
    Magic city is by no means the best bet of the day whether it gos on to win or not.
    He always finds trouble in running and gets going to late
    Every post here is a personal opinion.Please read the post carefully" Luck in running he is the best bet today".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

BOOMERANG bob beaten a head for 3rd,MY TARGET did it well and will probably get into one of the Good Friday races and could continue his love affair with Lingfield and the 4/1 was a good price,a bit of a wait for next action at Wol and hopefully worth waiting for before going for a few pints.

sting60 wrote: »
    Every post here is a personal opinion.Please read the post carefully" Luck in running he is the best bet today".

He had a clear run but wasn't good enough.
    Jack of diamonds was never at it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I can't help but think if byres road hadn't taken those few whips straight into the face he would have won that race.

A promising start but a very tame finish and some money goes to the enemy but I will survive and the fact that the one I fancied most won means less pain.

A day off tomorrow might win a few quid on the golf and biz as usual Monday.

Fairyhouse darts

KATE APPLEBY SHOES 1pm
    A YEAR TO REMEMBER 1.30
    BALLYOISIN 3pm
    Mr Champers 4pm

e/w lucky 15

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dollseyes

Inis Meain running at Fairyhouse 3.30. I'm sure it was Zimmer who spoke of this horse before. Going to have a small bet on him.

A few races at Wol might be worth getting involved in,i know something about MR STRUTTER in the 1 50 to make me back it and I will try to find out a bit more in the morning but I have already backed it at 6s PP on the basis of what I have seen. Wide all the way and very wide off the last bend he almost got there last time,lightly raced and fairly highly regarded can win this ordinary enough contest.

MYTHICAL MADNESS has to give weight away all round in the 2 55 but could be up to winning.

He has to give a good bit of weight to one I backed on Sat, BYRES ROAD who was unlucky then but I think he is up to it as he has a touch of class.

The 4 oc is worth £12,500 to the winner and more importantly its a "fastrack" race into the £150,000 stayers race on Good Friday in Lingfield.Godolphin have two short priced horses in this Antiqarium and Famous Kid and they already have Winning Story qualified for the race.
    The value for me in the race is STEVIE ROGERS who was behind Winning Story last time but beat him over 2 mile at Kempton on his previous run.

I never underestimate Godolphin but both of their runners are coming back from a break and at around 8 or 9/1 STEVIE ROGERS is the ew bet even though he has a few pounds to find with the first two in the betting.

• Advertisement

MR STRUTTER was not supposed to be fully wound up for his last run,if this was the case (I was told this before the race last time) he will go very close today.

Due to circumstances I will not be able to get the latest update but the 6/1 I took in the early hours is no longer available and 4s is now the best price which suggests he is doing his best and worth a bet.

MR STRUTTER was not supposed to be fully wound up for his last run,if this was the case (I was told this before the race last time) he will go very close today.

Due to circumstances I will not be able to get the latest update but the 6/1 I took in the early hours is no longer available and 4s is now the best price which suggests he is doing his best and worth a bet.

Hugh Taylor tipped him up, near the off we will know more, usually with Taylor's near the off they go back out a little but if still strong it must be trying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Secret Millionaire 9/1 Wolves 5pm.Has dropped to a very nice mark and boasts the best c/d form.Portrait King 5/1 Ayr 2.10.Ran a blinder lto over fences where he made the odd mistake back to hurdles and if they let him loose up front could be hard to catch.Its a long way for Paddy Griffen/Paul Stafford small yards in Swords area North Dublin to Ayr so Stafford's horses have to be watched also.Its an indictment on HRI that small trainers have to travel so far to be competitive and if they win the owner will take less than 50% of winning purse today.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

Today in the 1.50 at Wolve, MAGDELINE FOX looks the part, a drop in trip and switch to positive tactics worked wonders last time over todays C and D. If he is forcefully ridden the same today he will go mighty close..Also in the finale at Plumpton 4.10, the Sophie Leech trained CAFE AU LAIT, should get the job done, 2nd the last twice up 7lbs and knocking on the door he is a winner waiting to happen. He went off Fav both races and there was a few bob about for him, soft conditions fine and McLernon takes charge as Sean Quinlan goes to Ayr. Up there he rides FEARLESS TUNES in the 3.50, 2nd the last day at Uttoxeter, front 2 pulled miles clear, up in the weights for that but a reproduction will be more than enough. The danger maybe Elliotts horse, Station Closed, bought for his stable yard from Adrian Joyce, any amount of improvement is possible as Gordon always sees potential in any horse he gets involved with. Best of luck!!!

3:05 Plumpton I told you so, bet of the day for me 6-1

Winner of five chases and a point-to-point from 2m 6f to 3m 5f on ground varying from good to heavy. Beaten 1/2l by Kid Kalanisi when second of 12 at 11-2 on his latest outing in a chase at Fontwell over 3m 1f (good to soft) in December last year.

Course stat: has won 2 times from 10 run(s) at Plumpton (20% strike rate).
    Jockey stat: Tom Cannon rides today & has gained 3 wins from 9 ride(s) (33% strike rate).

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

Aurora1966 wrote:
    Today in the 1.50 at Wolve, MAGDELINE FOX looks the part, a drop in trip and switch to positive tactics worked wonders last time over todays C and D. If he is forcefully ridden the same today he will go mighty close..Also in the finale at Plumpton 4.10, the Sophie Leech trained CAFE AU LAIT, should get the job done, 2nd the last twice up 7lbs and knocking on the door he is a winner waiting to happen. He went off Fav both races and there was a few bob about for him, soft conditions fine and McLernon takes charge as Sean Quinlan goes to Ayr. Up there he rides FEARLESS TUNES in the 3.50, 2nd the last day at Uttoxeter, front 2 pulled miles clear, up in the weights for that but a reproduction will be more than enough. The danger maybe Elliotts horse, Station Closed, bought for his stable yard from Adrian Joyce, any amount of improvement is possible as Gordon always sees potential in any horse he gets involved with. Best of luck!!!
    Not a great day, money lost but I will take it on the chin and fight back another day. Very disappointing runs from FEARLESS TUNES and CAFE AU LAIT. MAGDALENE FOX ran a blinder, looked the winner bar the line.

MYTHICAL MADNESS price a bonus was not expecting such a price,Stevie Rogers would have been ok but a non-runner meant he was not a good ew bet with only 2 places but not too bad and came out nicely ahead on the day.

I'm in a sweat waiting for 5.30 race. Did a trixie with mythical madness, gold flash, top soil.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Dollseyes wrote: »
    I'm in a sweat waiting for 5.30 race. Did a trixie with mythical madness, gold flash, top soil.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Dollseyes wrote:

Best of luck lad. Hope ya spank the bookie good.

• Advertisement

You beauty!! 3.75 e/w trixie!! I had topsoil in my tracker awhile. One of zimmermanias tips a while back.. what a good start to a Monday.

No sweat now as TOPSOIL makes all and at the risk of upsetting the A T police I had a little ew on myself,congrats on the Trixie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Aftertiming is allowed on here. The mod cleared that up for me!

Small little trixie for tomorrow with war department, Baltic prince and Miss tiger lily. Just little fancies off mine I've been keeping an eye on. I don't usually post what I've bet but the chest is out after my win today.

Small little trixie for tomorrow with war department, Baltic prince and Miss tiger lily. Just little fancies off mine I've been keeping an eye on. I don't usually post what I've bet but the chest is out after my win today.

congrats on your win Dollseyes, love to read winning storys!

congrats on your win Dollseyes, love to read winning storys!

Cheers. Herself hits the big 40 in July and tomorrow as a surprise I will be booking flights to New York thanks to PP..

MULTIQUEST can win again in the 1 55 at Kempton and is a decent ew bet despite top weight.
    Pancake Day is better on fibresand at Southwell
    FIRM DECISIONS can get back to winning ways in the 3 05 and is an ew price.
    SUTTER COUNTY is top rated in the 3 40 and if the money comes for the talked up Visionary he may start at a better price as some punters prefer potential to performance.
    MISS TIGER LILY may turn the tables on Aurora Grey on 6 lbs better terms in the 5 40 Kempton, the horses previous run was pretty good and at the revised weights is worth backing.

VISIONARY out of the 3 40 and SUTTER COUNTY has only Tomily to beat and is worth backing to do so

VISIONARY out of the 3 40 and SUTTER COUNTY has only Tomily to beat and is worth backing to do so

damn thought he had it there

• Advertisement

Kempton 16:20 BROOKE'S POINT 6-1

I am quite keen on this horse today, seems to have a fair bit going for it and I am surprised it isn't much shorter. Gets an extra 3f today after staying on eye-catchingly well into a close 2nd on handicap debut and this race really could not get much weaker for a 14-runner handicap. Carries bottom-weight and wears cheekpieces for the first time and I think if this horse can't win this race off this mark then there really isn't much hope!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement