Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Lingfield 1.30
    Roundabout magic 11/2
    On a line through gracious tom
    Roundabout magic has the beating of the fav snuggy, with 8 pounds in hand and 1 and quarter lengths ahead.

Roundabout beat gracious tom 1 and a quarter lengths off level weights, a month later snuggy beat gracious tom a neck in receipt of 7 pounds and with roundabout to receive 1 pound today from snuggy he surely has his beating although the wide draw could make things tricky.

Lingfield 2.35 kasbah 9/2
    Slowly into stride and took keen hold last time but still finished 2nd in a similar race.performs well at lingfield and from stall 1 I expect a big run

Lingfield 3.10 Roy's legacy 7/2
    Been running well here and will be tough to catch, costa Filey is the danger I think.

Singles and e/w treble

Interesting you are on kasbah. I am on Sign of the Zodiac who was just beaten by him but they are on level terms today and using the skybet stake returned if placed but not win, I have backed both.
    SoZ is the only one to have won a class 2 handicap on a a/w surface.
    Finished in the first 3 in 9 of his 11 starts on the all weather, winning on 3 occasions, with his latest victory coming over 6 furlongs at Chelmsford off a mark of 95. His mark is 96 today, so a top performance needed, but the form is good having finished 3rd (beaten 2 1/4 lengths) last time out which was just 6 days ago and appears overpriced at 11-1 which i took last night

KASBAH has won 2 of his 8 starts on a/w and finished 2nd or 3rd another 4 times and I took 11-2

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Marv8

Interesting you are on kasbah. I am on Sign of the Zodiac who was just beaten by him but they are on level terms today and using the skybet stake returned if placed but not win, I have backed both.
    Finished in the first 3 in 9 of his 11 starts on the all weather, winning on 3 occasions, with his latest victory coming over 6 furlongs at Chelmsford off a mark of 95. His mark is 96 today, so a top performance needed, but the form is good having finished 3rd (beaten 2 1/4 lengths) last time out which was just 6 days ago and appears overpriced at 11-1 which i took last night

KASBAH has won 2 of his 8 starts on a/w and finished 2nd or 3rd another 4 times and I took 11-2

Bit of a gamble on DHAHMAAN in the same race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

I'm on dhahman at 7-1 and have him doubled with mattemio in the 3.40.

I also like seprani for a bit of ew value in the 1.00. Botti had a few nice winners recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

I like sign of the Kodiac as well but he was up the front with the winner in that race and kasbah was the only held up horse to make progress the last day.
    Money back 2nd in Bamburys where I done him.
    Sign of the kodiac nearly always runs well at lingfield and you always seem to get decent odds on him so I would like to see him come down a few pounds today and run in a slightly weaker race next time.

Roundabout hadn't a chance
    Fell out the gates and pulled for his head whole way around .
    Won't give up on him as needs to be up with pace

• Advertisement

Musselburgh 3.00
    Chestnut Ben 4/1
    2 runs at this track and 2 wins to show for it
    Coming to hand nicely i expect a big run

I like sign of the Kodiac as well but he was up the front with the winner in that race and kasbah was the only held up horse to make progress the last day.
    Money back 2nd in Bamburys where I done him.
    Sign of the kodiac nearly always runs well at lingfield and you always seem to get decent odds on him so I would like to see him come down a few pounds today and run in a slightly weaker race next time.

Yes well done, won easy in the end! Lucky I got the value on both yesterday although I expected SoK to at least place. I lost my stake on it but good profit on Kasbah as I could see money coming and went in again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I backed ALFREDO ARCANO in the 8 oc Dun earlier today,now I see that the fav Duplication has been withdrawn.

Fahey brings Royal blessing across the irish sea to the 20:15 wolves and with Kirby on board stands a good chance

single and double with zimmers alfredo

I backed ALFREDO ARCANO in the 8 oc Dun earlier today,now I see that the fav Duplication has been withdrawn.

Cheers zimmer, had a good bet on that, got a nice sky boost as well and even threw on a cheeky tenner on the 1-2

cant believe I forgot to bet on one of my fava tracker horses, our manekineko!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Cheers zimmer, had a good bet on that, got a nice sky boost as well and even threw on a cheeky tenner on the 1-2

cant believe I forgot to bet on one of my fava tracker horses, our manekineko!

Spotted our manekineko but was on the phone and couldn't get off the blasted thing! Was kicking myself afterwards!!!

Thanks Sgt. Had 5-2 on Faheys

Fahey brings Royal blessing across the irish sea to the 20:15 wolves and with Kirby on board stands a good chance

single and double with zimmers alfredo

DOUBLE BOOOOM! :D:D:D....that's a nice trip away sorted!

zimmer and me, perfect double act!

Please tell me some more of you were on either singles or doubles?? :eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Did the double. Kudos boys!

2 singles 1 double and then another in shop bet for double for a nice bit more. January's losses wiped out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Yep small double, cheers lads. Hoping Geological can win the 8:30pm too.

2 singles 1 double and then another in shop bet for double for a nice bit more. January's losses wiped out!!!

love to hear that james, I really do. love reading about people taking money off bookies
    Meant to post mine up earlier but pesky work got in the way

have a great weekend!

love to hear that james, I really do. love reading about people taking money off bookies
    Meant to post mine up earlier but pesky work got in the way

have a great weekend!

Thanks. Having one last small bet on Lily's prince in Dundalk now so hopefully my luck will still be in!

Thanks. Having one last small bet on Lily's prince in Dundalk now so hopefully my luck will still be in!

And went ew on that thank god!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Nope never logged on today :mad::mad::mad::mad:

But well done lads great to see hope you need a wheelbarrow

• Advertisement

An early bet Saturday when I am backing BYRES ROAD in the 12 50 at Ling,this horse started fav to beat one I tipped here a few days ago Mythical Madness.

BYRES ROAD set a suicide pace then and was collared by 3 useful horses but was only beaten 2 lengths.The race should be between Chevallier,Ice Royal and BYRES ROAD,Chevallier has run 5 or 6 good races on the trot without getting his head in front,a bit of an enigma in that coming off the pace he never looks like getting there in time and if up with the pace he seems easily brushed aside close home so maybe he is better over further.

BYRES ROAD has about 6 lbs in hand of Ice Royal and if not going off too fast this time can win at 4/1.Is having a few races in quick succession but has done that in the past and if none the worst for recent run is the days best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dollseyes

Doing a little e/w treble today.

Golden opportunity
    Byres road
    Roller

Not much value around today with ascot off, in the peter marsh I couldn't decide between Sausalito sunrise and vintage clouds so did both e/w
    I think politologue should win his race and expect lami serge to win as well, I expect him to be going well behind the new one going into the last 2 hurdles and hopefully breeze on by.
    Navan 1.35 castle Hume should go close as should Elgin in haydock 2.05.
    In the first at haydock I thought hastrubal was interesting back down in trip after travelling well on his handicap debut over further.
    Maybe billyoakes 9/2 is one of the better bets in the 4.15 lingfield as he is back at his ideal trip with a good draw, I can't see him unplaced so is worth a good e/w bet.

BYRES ROAD,12 50 ling.
    NEON WOLF 2 05 HAYDOCK.
    ARDAMIR 3 10 Ling.
    SCHOOL RUN 6 15 Newcastle. in a yankee.

BYRES ROAD and ARDAMIR in two singles.

12.50 Lingers
    Loyalty 15-2 EW
    22 starts and 4 wins 4 places here
    out of the 14 starts over this distance he has won 3 of them and been placed 9 times so that only 2 times he his failed to be in the top 3 at this distance

(also on zimmers)

12:55 Haydock Free stone Hill e/w

3:15 Haydock
    Bristol De Mai e/w

singles and treble

A bad start,BYRES ROAD certainly feeling the effects of 3 races in as many weeks and in need of a break now,i should have paid more attention to the possibility and saved myself a hundred euro,am hoping that ARDIMIR can get it back for me.

12.50 Lingers
    Loyalty 15-2 EW
    22 starts and 4 wins 4 places here
    out of the 14 starts over this distance he has won 3 of them and been placed 9 times so that only 2 times he his failed to be in the top 3 at this distance

(also on zimmers)

12:55 Haydock Free stone Hill e/w

3:15 Haydock
    Bristol De Mai e/w

singles and treble

Bristol De Mai saves the day! been waiting months for that one to come around again!

Glad to be having a few drinks tonight as I count the cost of days punting,i have had a lot worse but I certainly have had a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Glad to be having a few drinks tonight as I count the cost of days punting,i have had a lot worse but I certainly have had a lot better.

Bakmaj 5/2 in the bumper at Leopardstown.O'Connell outbid me/Friends but with an awful trainer.This IMO should win hard held looks top class.The fav is by Scorpion so that leaves the way big time if Fleming can ready him.MAX BET.(this should not be beaten).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I agree, but, few pints maybe?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement