Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

MOON RACER big time now only 10/1 .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Glad to be having a few drinks tonight as I count the cost of days punting,i have had a lot worse but I certainly have had a lot better.

dont sweat it fella, re group and come back fighting, maybe start a little smaller for a while, we all have bad days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Ebb and flow. Will always be the way.

3:10 Leopardstown seems to have a couple of value bets especially as Sky are kindly paying 6 places
    All eyes will be on heartbreak city as the outstanding form horse but this race has proved to be faves graveyard in the past

so I will be having e/w bets on After rain and tudor city and even da name escapes me.
    all improving horses with good place ratio and tudor city setting speed after speed rating

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dollseyes

PP paying 6 places today too for leopardstown at 3.10. Fancy a small bet on that's a wrap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

Bristol De Mai saves the day! been waiting months for that one to come around again!

So a huge bet was had ;-), had a lump myself, won like a good un, majestic ride from Jacob forrced the pace early on and ploughed on when required

3:10 Leopardstown seems to have a couple of value bets especially as Sky are kindly paying 6 places
    All eyes will be on heartbreak city as the outstanding form horse but this race has proved to be faves graveyard in the past

so I will be having e/w bets on After rain and tudor city and even da name escapes me.
    all improving horses with good place ratio and tudor city setting speed after speed rating

and the fave didn't win.
    da name escapes me was a NR and after rain is still out there somewhere, but tudor city finished a good second and ensured a good profit on e/w and place betting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

dont sweat it fella, re group and come back fighting, maybe start a little smaller for a while, we all have bad days.
    No sweat I am just having a public moan and I am still well in front,have two nice trips arranged in the next 6 weeks-Marbella for golf and England for racing.
    A bit of aftertiming just to show that the bad run continues.
    I had €50 on Ruby in the first and the ink was hardly dry on the docket before a friend of mine rang to say he was told Toe the Line was fancied to reverse form with Bargy Lady in the first and he did it in style and of course I was not on.If the info came 5 mins earlier I would have had €25 ew at 5s and been €200 better off and my only other bet today was on Stellar Notion who was collared on the line.

I am not in the least bit religious or superstitious but I am reminded of the saying--When God closes one door he shuts another.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

sting60 wrote: »
    Bakmaj 5/2 in the bumper at Leopardstown.O'Connell outbid me/Friends but with an awful trainer.This IMO should win hard held looks top class.The fav is by Scorpion so that leaves the way big time if Fleming can ready him.MAX BET.(this should not be beaten).

Bakmaj won very well, had a wee bet on in running. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Thanks. Pity about the NR.

• Advertisement

Bakmaj 5/2 in the bumper at Leopardstown.O'Connell outbid me/Friends but with an awful trainer.This IMO should win hard held looks top class.The fav is by Scorpion so that leaves the way big time if Fleming can ready him.MAX BET.(this should not be beaten).

yes, well done, had little tickle!

trying a low price faves lucky 15 today, and a big side single on Start Seven

maxed out King 2:10pm newcastle
    cajmere 3:30pm wolves
    start seven 4:30pm wolves
    Gossiping 5pm wolves

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭vandriver

Gossiping 5pm wolves
    4:00 Wolves,if anyone is trying to find it.

If the horses in the 4pm Wolves run to their mark Ban Shoof should win comfortably.Trainer now getting winners and jockey takes an extra 3lbs off this looks thrown in.Backed Gossiping 12/1 lto when he was well treated but 11/8 represents no value in a better race today.
    Fastnet Blast 7/2 ran a blinder in a hot maiden lto and is far better drawn today against the fav.Will be interesting if The Herds Garden 14/1 is allowed to front run today if so his price is huge.He really is a lovely jumper but I think he worries with horses around (only my opinion) and makes that crucial mistake let him off in front and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Ban Shoof well supported, the fav in that race Start Seven was posted by Sgt here and also was a Hugh Taylor tip this morning. Drifting a bit now though.

tinpib wrote: »
    Ban Shoof well supported, the fav in that race Start Seven was posted by Sgt here and also was a Hugh Taylor tip this morning. Drifting a bit now though.

that hugh taylor is usually the kiss of death on my bets :(

tinpib wrote: »

couple of doubts for me over Ban Shoof, up in trip quite a bit and hooded for the first time.
    I am more worried about EURATO

OMG The Herds Garden 20/1 in fairness to Will Kennedy he kept him away from other horses and would have dotted up so now a big pair of blinkers should will be applied.

Gossiping 5pm wolves

Well Start Seven does the biz and did it well, but maxed out king lets the lucky 15 down, but still in with a chance with gossiping

Tried to put €50 on Master Vintage for tomorrow with Ladbrokes at 14/1 advertised earlier today wouldn't take it.You see grown men shouting at the screen how such a jockey should be banned for life after he gave a horse " a shocking ride,dropped his hands and never tried an inch" and this was virtual racing.The game is dieing a very shameful death.

• Advertisement

Tried to put €50 on Master Vintage for tomorrow with Ladbrokes at 14/1 advertised earlier today wouldn't take it.You see grown men shouting at the screen how such a jockey should be banned for life after he gave a horse " a shocking ride,dropped his hands and never tried an inch" and this was virtual racing.The game is dieing a very shameful death.

probably did you a favour, not been seen since feb 2015 and only placed once in 7 starts

have a look at crown hill in the 13:50

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

BOOM MASTER VINTAGE GET IN THERE

chopperp wrote: »
    BOOM MASTER VINTAGE GET IN THERE

lol at me! well done fella, nice if you did get 50 on it!

lol at me! well done fella, nice if you did get 50 on it!

Na, those sad Ladbrokes went to another Ladbrokes had €100 on.Will collect it off first lads later this week.

Na, those sad Ladbrokes went to another Ladbrokes had €100 on.

how they hell did you pick that? no form, nothing to really say except a bit of promise!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Ladbrokes do not take bets on the next day's racing in their offices,you can only bet online.

just curious, do shops always pay out in cash? even if you win 1000's?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

just curious, do shops always pay out in cash? even if you win 1000's?

I had a big win years ago on a lucky 15. Got half in cash and a cheque for the rest. Most shops have a maximum cash pay out. Usual written up on a policy in the smallest writing possible stuck somewhere you can barely see it.
    My local bookie has a maximum pay out of 27k on a winning bet in one day and only 4k cash. Now I don't know if you win over that does he just pay the 27k and no more or can you collect the rest the next day/s.
    He's an independent bookmaker so not sure of the rules on that. Any know if they can do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Sham Squire

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall a discussion on Joe Duffy a few years back and if I remember correctly they don't have to pay out at all. I don't think they're under any legal obligation to honour any bets placed. I'd say that 27k is the max pay out full stop. You likely wouldn't be getting any more after that no matter what the bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall a discussion on Joe Duffy a few years back and if I remember correctly they don't have to pay out at all. I don't think they're under any legal obligation to honour any bets placed. I'd say that 27k is the max pay out full stop. You likely wouldn't be getting any more after that no matter what the bet

There is now I think, I'll try and find the link.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement