Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

petes wrote: »
    There is now I think, I'll try and find the link.
    27k max payout is miles off the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

A lad in my area won 98k off an accumulator in boyles; paid a couple of k in cash rest by cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

COILTE CAILIN runs in the 15.15 in lingfield tomorrow. Won fairly handily here by a length on January 7th, a rise of 4lbs shouldn't see too much of a hindrance.

Have it in a single and a double with GARTER whom runs in the 14.05.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

COILTE CAILIN runs in the 15.15 in lingfield tomorrow. Won fairly handily here by a length on January 7th, a rise of 4lbs shouldn't see too much of a hindrance.

Have it in a single and a double with GARTER whom runs in the 14.05.

Ah, I actually like his closely matched opponent Van Huysen

If you watch the replay of their race on the 7th of January, coillte cailin beats van huyson by a length and I think if she had gotten out earlier she would have won by more. But best of luck to you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Tip for the 10.45 in happy valley. Double Master @12s in from 20s last night. Back small ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall a discussion on Joe Duffy a few years back and if I remember correctly they don't have to pay out at all. I don't think they're under any legal obligation to honour any bets placed. I'd say that 27k is the max pay out full stop. You likely wouldn't be getting any more after that no matter what the bet

If any bookmaker failed to honour a bet in Ireland the punter could object to the licence renewal, bookmakers can have whatever limits they wish and it is understandable that smaller bookmakers will have limits that they can afford to pay.
    For the most part we need not worry about getting huge sums of money from the large multiples if we are fortunate to win big.

A true story,in 1997 I won 8,400 pounds for a bet bet of 1200 pounds from an irish bookmaker and I collected a cheque for 9,600 pounds by arrangement and they gave me a bottle of champagne.

If you watch the replay of their race on the 7th of January, coillte cailin beats van huyson by a length and I think if she had gotten out earlier she would have won by more. But best of luck to you!
    I agree that COILLTE will come out on top again today,she will be ridden to come with a late burst imo, is well regarded and still improving and is my only bet today.

Looks like you were right about van huysen leading coillte cailin but unfortunately neither were to be!

Looks like you were right about van huysen leading coillte cailin but unfortunately neither were to be!

It seemed a funny sort of race,when Coillte came through on the inside I thought he would go on to win then he appeared to hang fire and failed to go through with his effort.There was little enough pace on for much of the race and the form should be viewed with caution.

• Advertisement

It seemed a funny sort of race,when Coillte came through on the inside I thought he would go on to win then he appeared to hang fire and failed to go through with his effort.There was little enough pace on for much of the race and the form should be viewed with caution.

I had meetings go on until late and just watched the replay now and it looks like an odd one alright. Not down too much and tomorrow is another day.

GARTER could have won the 13.15 but getting held up between the two horses seems to have killed the run.

quite fancy Prince of scars 3pm Gowan

OUR MANINKINEKO runs at 19.30 in Dundalk. He is 6lbs up after last weekends win on the same track and currently at 9/4 may be a safe bet but my preference falls for CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT and at 6/1 I'll be going ew rather than on OUR MANINKINEKO.

Eleuthera 8/1 Dundalk 5pm.Having been drawn in the Cooley mountains for all his runs here he now gets a perfect draw for arguably the best handicapped horse running tonight.Trainer Johnny Levins cannot buy a winner currently but should correct that here.Why didn't I put up Eleuthera last night at 20/1??? I have not taken 8/1 .

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Merlin44

Eleuthera Not certain to race trainers says will be cleared by vet before race[facebook], a big gamble on all his horses tonight , but I seem to remember we have been here before with this trainer at this venue 😂

Merlin44 wrote: »
    Eleuthera Not certain to race trainers says will be cleared by vet before race[facebook], a big gamble on all his horses tonight , but I seem to remember we have been here before with this trainer at this venue 😂
    Infuriating not to have backed this Eluethera (lost the value)as I've been watching him since he has raced in Dundalk.This is very strange these gambles but will say I put up Eluethera in the pub after his second run at Dundalk"Eluethera will win when he gets drawn on the rails".A Ladbrokes/Boyles head were there and I'm sure they took notes and maybe that's the reason for this activity today.In all probility it's spurious these market moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

RED AVENGER in Dundalk 6:30. Connections expecting a huge run and win expected, 7-4 Fav and if your having one bet tonight, this should be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,588 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Aurora1966 wrote: »
    RED AVENGER in Dundalk 6:30. Connections expecting a huge run and win expected, 7-4 Fav and if your having one bet tonight, this should be it.

Glad I wasn't on that

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

Aurora1966 wrote:

Thats DUNDALK pure roguery going on

CHEVALLIER is too consistent and is running more or less off the same mark for his last half dozen runs,i suggested recently that he is always likely to find one too good and while this true,at the price I am putting him in an ew lucky 15,2 25 Ling.
    SENNOCKIAN STAR is the 2nd leg and is running so well at present should win the 3 35 at Ling.
    MR STRUTTER is good enough to win the 6 15 at Kempton,well enough regarded 8/1 is too good a price and this strong finisher is the 3rd leg.
    The last time GEORGIAN BAY was off a mark of 90 he won and having run reasonably well in 4 or 5 good handicaps hi turn may have come in the 7 45 at Kempton.4th leg.

A short priced double that should pay is CANTLOW in the x country at 2 50 and YOUKNOWHATIMEANHARRY in the 4 oc Chel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

You have me sweating zimmer, with mr strutter a NR, I backed the other three singly and a €3 treble. Pints waiting for you in west cork regardless of Georgian Bay's running but if he does win there's a dram of Redbreast waiting also!

You have me sweating zimmer, with mr strutter a NR, I backed the other three singly and a €3 treble. Pints waiting for you in west cork regardless of Georgian Bay's running but if he does win there's a dram of Redbreast waiting also!

I might take you up on that!
    I put GENTLEMEN GILES at 7/2 in when I discovered Mr Strutters a non-runner,Gentlemen Giles beat Mr Strutter 2 runs ago and finished in front of him last time when badly hampered.He would have been my first choice except for the fact that I know something about Strutter and he is one to keep an eye on.

I am happy to have Gentlemen Giles in the ew lucky 15,though it is only a 2 euro stake costing €60 and I have Chevallier at 11/2 and Is the only one of the 4 i backed as a single.

I might take you up on that!
    I put GENTLEMEN GILES at 7/2 in when I discovered Mr Strutters a non-runner,Gentlemen Giles beat Mr Strutter 2 runs ago and finished in front of him last time when badly hampered.He would have been my first choice except for the fact that I know something about Strutter and he is one to keep an eye on.

I am happy to have Gentlemen Giles in the ew lucky 15,though it is only a 2 euro stake costing €60 and I have Chevallier at 11/2 and Is the only one of the 4 i backed as a single.
    No joy lucky 15 gives just €20 profit but got a good few quid from the Chevallier bet so I am not complaining too much.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

I've just deleted 42 posts of off-topic rants and fighting. Stop it, all of you.

You all know the rules of Boards, and if you don't like a post for a specific reason, REPORT it. The button is right at the bottom of the post.

Back on topic please, or bans will be handed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Zimmers 3 at footwell deleted too

Zimmers 3 at footwell deleted too
    All ran now, 1 winner two placed. Thanks Zimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

All ran now, 1 winner two placed. Thanks Zimmer

NOT ANOTHER MUDDLE 2 40 PRIME VENTURE 3 10 TIKKAPICK 3 40,all at FON,3 doubles and a treble.

They were the ones posted

Keep on posting Zimmer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Southwell 3.05
    Borough boy 20/1
    It's difficult to know when he is on a going day but has the form to win this.
    He bolted up on this course and distance around this time last year in a class 5 and this Is his first run back in a class 5 since, he won by 5 lengths that day beating fujin and elusivity who reoppose today on slightly worse terms.

Heavy ground at Ayr and Plumpton today could produce a few shocks.
    CLONUSKER in the 2 10 at Plumpton will like the ground and is well weighted if putting in a clear round.
    COLOUR BEARER is a big price (8/1 and better) in the 3 40 at Southwell which looks to be a tricky little handicap.
    COLOURER BEARER has always followed up a win with another good run and seems to peak for a short period before form tails off again.Has won a few times on fibresand and looks a decent ew bet in a race where a few seem well handicapped but out of form, the horses profile suggests a good run today is on the cards.

• Advertisement

Southwell 3.05
    Borough boy 20/1
    It's difficult to know when he is on a going day but has the form to win this.
    He bolted up on this course and distance around this time last year in a class 5 and this Is his first run back in a class 5 since, he won by 5 lengths that day beating fujin and elusivity who reoppose today on slightly worse terms.

Im siding more with Colourbearer has won here and willie back on board . fujin and elusivity to place.

big amigo is the form horse

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement