Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Heavy ground at Ayr and Plumpton today could produce a few shocks.
    CLONUSKER in the 2 10 at Plumpton will like the ground and is well weighted if putting in a clear round.
    COLOUR BEARER is a big price (8/1 and better) in the 3 40 at Southwell which looks to be a tricky little handicap.
    COLOURER BEARER has always followed up a win with another good run and seems to peak for a short period before form tails off again.Has won a few times on fibresand and looks a decent ew bet in a race where a few seem well handicapped but out of form, the horses profile suggests a good run today is on the cards.

great that we both think colourbearer zimmer! 3:05 Southwell though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

great that we both think colourbearer zimmer! 3:05 Southwell though

I don't think connections agreed with us judging by the way the price drifted and how tenderly he was handled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Southwell 3.05
    Borough boy 20/1
    It's difficult to know when he is on a going day but has the form to win this.
    He bolted up on this course and distance around this time last year in a class 5 and this Is his first run back in a class 5 since, he won by 5 lengths that day beating fujin and elusivity who reoppose today on slightly worse terms.

Funny how the two horses he beat a year ago fought out the finish,I didn't see the race but it looked like he ran quite well considering his last couple of starts, no doubt he's well handicapped and next time I think he will run a big one

I don't think connections agreed with us judging by the way the price drifted and how tenderly he was handled.

yep and I'm a double idiot, was the RP longshots choice. Anything over 10-1 tends to do well when they tip. I knew it would at least place but just did the one bet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

A horse runs Wednesday down to Grade 7 from Grade 3 after few poor efforts and is 17 lbs better off.If Kempton is riding as slow as it has been(Ran poorly there on slow)then it's no bet as his best form is on quick,He should be around 33/1 ish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

There is 3 I like for a small patent tomorrow
    Dormouse 14:25 Lingfield @5/1
    Cillian Return 13:40 Down Royal @7/2
    Steamboat Bill 14:15 Down Royal @ 10/1

OOR JOCK is across the water again to try to pick up another small handicap and should be too good for the opposition in the amateur handicap at 2 45 at WOL.

COILLTE CAILIN seemed not to want to go through the gap on the rail last time, had won her previous 2 races when coming with a strong run and might be worth another chance in the 4 50 at WOL.
    COILLTE CAILIN non-runner.

I had another look at the 2 45 at WOL and the more I look at it the more I believe OOR JOCK has an excellent chance to win it and should be fav.
    I have no doubt whatsoever that it is much harder to win a run of the mill handicap on the AW in Dundalk than it is in Britain and his last run in 5th behind Full Shilling should not put anyone off,Full Shilling had been running very well in way better contests in the Curragh and elsewhere in Ireland as had the 2nd,3rd and 4th and OOR JOCK was just at the head of airs at the 6 furlong pole (todays trip)before fading and being eased close home.

Pushkin Museum had every chance last time and was easily brushed aside,he is fav today probably because he has a good experienced rider on board and that is a plus in these contests.
    L McGuinness rides OOR JOCK and the last time he crossed over to Britain he rode a winner and we all know that many irish amateurs are as good as pros.
    ith the odds heading very close to an ew bet OOR JOCK is nap material.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Coillte cailin is a NR

Flemi Two Toes 4:10 southwell extra place with sky

won at distance in dec, and 3rd in jan, likes it muddy and could be a good placer at 14-1 so small e/w for me

• Advertisement

I had another look at the 2 45 at WOL and the more I look at it the more I believe OOR JOCK has an excellent chance to win it and should be fav.
    I have no doubt whatsoever that it is much harder to win a run of the mill handicap on the AW in Dundalk than it is in Britain and his last run in 5th behind Full Shilling should not put anyone off,Full Shilling had been running very well in way better contests in the Curragh and elsewhere in Ireland as had the 2nd,3rd and 4th and OOR JOCK was just at the head of airs at the 6 furlong pole (todays trip)before fading and being eased close home.

Pushkin Museum had every chance last time and was easily brushed aside,he is fav today probably because he has a good experienced rider on board and that is a plus in these contests.
    L McGuinness rides OOR JOCK and the last time he crossed over to Britain he rode a winner and we all know that many irish amateurs are as good as pros.
    ith the odds heading very close to an ew bet OOR JOCK is nap material.

Fully agree about oor jock
    I like cliff in the last and poetic force

Flemi Two Toes 4:10 southwell extra place with sky
    won at distance in dec, and 3rd in jan, so could be a good placer at 14-1, small e/w for me

With Walker/Brotherton stand out riders in these type of races it's hard to go against them but 10/1 about a proven performer in Very First Blade is tempting in a shocking race.

Done some money today,got some on ew at 3s so only a 10% loss there,but had a good few quid win only in several Lads offices as they were giving money back if 2nd to the fav as a free bet and the flip flopping of the favs hurt.

In the hunter at Hereford 4pm Toby Lerone 8/1 is overpriced.Stable is out of form which is a worry but Nicholls had 15 runners last Saturday and only had two places.The fav is probably the safest jumper in training but if you look at its last win it was thrown in and only had to jump to win.Nicholls has avoided heavy with Pacha Du Polder over the years running once on it and pulling up (heavy today)Second fav is 13 so his rating is getting no better and 3rd fav Grandioso looks outclassed but is now half the price of Toby Lerone.If Skelton's yard was in better form I would be having a real go here.Toby Lerone best ratings have been achieved on heavy ground.

In the 4.50 at kempton tomorrow the horse that beat bunbury and berlusca last time is running and considering how much we fancied the other 2 that day surely he's worth backing tomorrow
    Monsieur rieuusec @ 6/1

In the 4.50 at kempton tomorrow the horse that beat bunbury and berlusca last time is running and considering how much we fancied the other 2 that day surely he's worth backing tomorrow
    Monsieur rieuusec @ 6/1

I backed it ew at 7s,showed improved form to win last time and could be ahead of the handicapper.

A horse I posted about a few times here called MIME DANCE runs in the 6 30 at Newcastle and would be meeting 3 of his 4 opponents 7 or 8 lbs better in a handicap and would appear to have little chance,however his last run showed he is not a hopeless case yet and has won in the past off 82 and 85 which would make him a certainty if back to that form.

Has had a good bit of time off before going to OMeara and was off for a while again before his last run.It is not easy to know what to expect now but with Tudhope on board I could not resist a bet at ew 11/1 as I don't believe the trainer would persevere unless he thought he could win races and first time visor may help.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Aachen 33-1 3.30

I like this ew
    Goes well on this heavy ground and dropped into a grade 3 here.

Little EW 33-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Aachen 33-1 3.30

I like this ew
    Goes well on this heavy ground and dropped into a grade 3 here.

Little EW 33-1

Have this in my tracker. Is a back to lay for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

sting60 wrote: »
    In the hunter at Hereford 4pm Toby Lerone 8/1 is overpriced.Stable is out of form which is a worry but Nicholls had 15 runners last Saturday and only had two places.The fav is probably the safest jumper in training but if you look at its last win it was thrown in and only had to jump to win.Nicholls has avoided heavy with Pacha Du Polder over the years running once on it and pulling up (heavy today)Second fav is 13 so his rating is getting no better and 3rd fav Grandioso looks outclassed but is now half the price of Toby Lerone.If Skelton's yard was in better form I would be having a real go here.Toby Lerone best ratings have been achieved on heavy ground.

Great shout Sting, the jockey did well to sit tight at the last.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Marv8

I took 4/1 W/O Pacha Du Polder with Powers and then he was pulled out. Do I only get the 4/1 or will I get the S/P?

razorhead wrote: »
    Great shout Sting, the jockey did well to sit tight at the last.....
    These amateurs are a far cry to the lads here but he won as I expected and I had a right few Bob on.Hope you were on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

These amateurs are a far cry to the lads here but he won as I expected and I had a right few Bob on.Hope you were on.

On a sabattical so gutted I missed it. Keep the info coming Sting, you are on a great run.

MIME DANCE tried to make all and from 7 or 8 lbs wrong did not run badly enough to forget about him.He will be better off in a handicap and I can see a cliff coming up, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Well in, looked at it last night but let it go. Serious run yer on.

We'll have to have our Cheltenham chat soon.

Meydan 6.00 tomorrow
    Caspian prince @ 7/1 is the e/w bet of the month.
    3 in front of him in the betting he has beaten already in the last 6 months.
    Front runners track , big run on its way

Samandtom 9/4 ran an absolute blinder at Leopardstown of this mark a few days back and if he still (very quick run) in that order he will win this .My assessment is that he ran to around 122 so maybe that's why he's out before he is reassessed,If I'm right he is thrown in.I see Archimedes runs tomorrow I put him up last week when I fancied him at 20/1 he looked very well treated and we'll drawn.13/8 doesn't appeal although he won in a canter last week but these average horses rarely run two good races back to back.Fleckerl 7/1 Chelmsford 5.50.I believe he is the best in this race if he can come out of the stalls on terms.He looks well treated back in grade from a decent run a while back in a very decent time compared to this lot and a top apprentice on board.Fav must be showing something at home as he has been backed on last three runs without winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Fantastic Sting on fire

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

Meydan 6.00 tomorrow
    Caspian prince @ 7/1 is the e/w bet of the month.
    3 in front of him in the betting he has beaten already in the last 6 months.
    Front runners track , big run on its way
    4places in powers

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    Well in, looked at it last night but let it go. Serious run yer on.

We'll have to have our Cheltenham chat soon.
    I'm sure a bollocks like yourself loved the result against hull at OT 😥😥Very sad to see here opinions that rely on gimmicks like five places etc,etc.IMO nobody should back E/W because you fancy it or not.Before anyone posts a retort to that post €50 Coneygree 50/1 / Saint Are 66/1 win double anti post was a mistake of course it was but in the long term I'm right IMO.Will post shortly my horses that are seriously underpriced for Cheltenham.You have been for years one of the best posters here and it's great your back.And its astounding you only post under one name not like certain clowns.Im here for a short while as I live mostly under the Pyrenees payed for the kindly bookies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement