Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

sting60 wrote: »
    I'm sure a bollocks like yourself loved the result against hull at OT 😥😥Very sad to see here opinions that rely on gimmicks like five places etc,etc.IMO nobody should back E/W because you fancy it or not.Before anyone posts a retort to that post €50 Coneygree 50/1 / Saint Are 66/1 win double anti post was a mistake of course it was but in the long term I'm right IMO.Will post shortly my horses that are seriously underpriced for Cheltenham.You have been for years one of the best posters here and it's great your back.And its astounding you only post under one name not like certain clowns.Im here for a short while as I live mostly under the Pyrenees payed for the kindly bookies.

I cant really say to much given the run we're on :o

I don't have the time to study the form half as much as i used to and i don't back anything blind so simply not backing much.

Have a few AP Cheltenham bets I've been ploughing into weekly though ;)

Has marriage taken up your spare time now Slatts? ;)
    What's your nap this year? Last year was Don Don Don all year. I didn't listen!!
    I also remember you raving about Jezki prior to his CH victory. I didn't listen!!

Speak. Caesar is turned to hear.

Sting another winner today. Youre on fire. Excellent tipping to be fair.

TheTorment wrote: »
    Has marriage taken up your spare time now Slatts? ;)
    What's your nap this year? Last year was Don Don Don all year. I didn't listen!!
    I also remember you raving about Jezki prior to his CH victory. I didn't listen!!

Speak. Caesar is turned to hear.

Sting another winner today. Youre on fire. Excellent tipping to be fair.

It has got the better of me alright (insert whip lash noise) :pac:

Will PM you on the other thing.

Slattsy wrote: »
    It has got the better of me alright (insert whip lash noise) :pac:

Will PM you on the other thing.

Jeez lad and your not long into it either!! Like me You just have to learn that she's always right and that your opinion doesn't matter. Life is bliss now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Strategic Heights 5/1 Dundalk 8pm.Last run he was drawn in the Cooley mountains 8/1-16/1 ran on very well up the straight.When you see the likes of Oor Jock 4/1 it tells you everything of the quality of the field.If he can keep up from stall 9 (can race lazy early) nothing will be coming home better and IMO is seriously well handicapped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

HIGHLAND ACCLAIM,is now off a mark of 83 (was 100 + one time) would have a good chance if back to anything like his best and not totally disgraced in a couple of recent runs worth a little ew today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Brokopondo in the next is 23 pounds better off with specific gravity when 3rd to him in November

I've backed Mahler Ten here in Punch.

Behind a few of these lto but travelled well and stayed on. Very lightly raced so can improve again and hopefully get closer to the fav and give me a run.

Faded badly! Might need to step back in trip.

Ends Bolger has three in the cross country with two jockeys booked that have race records 1/21 and 0/22 Mark Walsh on the other.Very well done Donal McInerney first win on the track Russell/Walsh rode the two front in the betting into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Berlusca tomorrow?

robbiezero wrote: »
    Berlusca tomorrow?

I'd say zimmer is keen, I am anyway
    Russian soul as well !!

robbiezero wrote: »
    Berlusca tomorrow?

I have backed already ew at 6s with PP,it is not often they are top price the night before.
    It is a little worrying that OMeara's have not been running well for the last few weeks but BERLUSCA has only had 3 runs since back in his care.

His last run was strange insofar as he looked to have more in the locker and was never under maximum pressure though he did appear to be slow to get going.Modernism beat Tangramm 4 lengths last time getting 5 lbs and gets 2 lbs tomorrow.That race was over a mile and a half and both would be better suited to that trip imo.

BERLUSCA did beat Modernism last year by 3 and 1/2 lengths on 1 lb worse terms at Chester but of course that was on grass. Hairdryer won a run of the mill maiden for A Balding 2 and a half months ago and could be a danger.
    In backing BERLUSCA I am mindful of the fact that the stable is not on fire at the moment but the 6/1 is attractive and I put €25 ew on even though I am only getting 1/5 on the place.
    I can get 1/4 in the morning and I will probably back it again.BERLUSCA has won a few races off higher marks and if he is in good shape should win this.

PP is money back (online) if 2nd to the jolly usual conditions.

I have backed already ew at 6s with PP,it is not often they are top price the night before.
    It is a little worrying that OMeara's have not been running well for the last few weeks but BERLUSCA has only had 3 runs since back in his care.

His last run was strange insofar as he looked to have more in the locker and was never under maximum pressure though he did appear to be slow to get going.Modernism beat Tangramm 4 lengths last time getting 5 lbs and gets 2 lbs tomorrow.That race was over a mile and a half and both would be better suited to that trip imo.

BERLUSCA did beat Modernism last year by 3 and 1/2 lengths on 1 lb worse terms at Chester but of course that was on grass. Hairdryer won a run of the mill maiden for A Balding 2 and a half months ago and could be a danger.
    In backing BERLUSCA I am mindful of the fact that the stable is not on fire at the moment but the 6/1 is attractive and I put €25 ew on even though I am only getting 1/5 on the place.
    I can get 1/4 in the morning and I will probably back it again.BERLUSCA has won a few races off higher marks and if he is in good shape should win this.

What do you think of the guest horse
    I thought he was the danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Modernism\Everychance (kirby horse who could do his own lucky 15 today) for me
    Hard to handel for the dark horse

What do you think of the guest horse
    I thought he was the danger.
    I had not considered the horse thinking that she may need the run,Guest will use today's race to see if her handicap mark is feasible,he starts her off over a trip that seems too far looking at previous runs and I am thinking today will be an information gathering occasion.

Of course I may well be wrong and the Fabre cast off might surprise me!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dollseyes

I'm going for wedgewood estates at 3.50 Wol.

Modernism\Everychance (kirby horse who could do his own lucky 15 today) for me
    Hard to handel for the dark horse

i think we covered pretty much all the runners except the winner, 2nd and 3rd place lol!

i did look at count monti as it had slipped down the weights but the step up in trip and long lay off put me off...in the end it fair bolted up, but you never can tell

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Annie Salts 15-2 5.20

Went close last time out, dropped into a grade 6 here again.

I like it to go close again here,

Bassino 15-2 5.50

Almost off the mark last time out over c&d
    a similar performance gives it a good ew shot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Annie Salts 15-2 5.20

Excellent!! I had 4 euro in my account. I now have 28. :D

I had not considered the horse thinking that she may need the run,Guest will use today's race to see if her handicap mark is feasible,he starts her off over a trip that seems too far looking at previous runs and I am thinking today will be an information gathering occasion.

Of course I may well be wrong and the Fabre cast off might surprise me!

The lesson for me today,do not back a stable that is not in form.

Annie Salts 15-2 5.20

well in had a touch myself and lovely drift

Today I mostly fancy Mwaleshi in the 3:25 Market rasen 9/2
    Sky paying 4 places.
    Unlucky just to have been touched off last time and this is a shorter trip

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

In the 4.40 at Newcastle I expect PERSIAN STEEL to run another huge race for local trainer Brian Ellison. His opening mark of 76 suggests there is more to come after a maiden win last time at the track at 66-1.Taking his 2 previous runs into account the handicapper may be questioning that result and I think he can win this 5 runner race with a bit in hand. With everything else drifting and him coming into 7-2 now, is worth a decent bet today.

2:10 hereford Cotswold road 9/2 Tizzard horse, jumps well and unexposed.and the jock is 3 out of 6

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

Lucky 15 today:

2.50 - Bastien
    4.00 - Doitforthevillage
    4.10 - Lady Cristal
    4.20 - Dawson City

Good luck!

Tenerezza 8-1 2.30
    First run this year, if fit should go close here.
    Hasn't run since Oct, But has run good times over this trips in its last 3 races.

I like ew .

Russe Blanc 10/1 Carlisle 4.30.This could be one of the most ground dependant horses in training.Heavy has to be in the title and the heavier the better his chance is ,if it's soft only I won't be backing it.Weather in the area would suggest slightly drying ground with no rain.Keep a close eye on this if not tomorrow then when it really is bottomless.

CLOVELLY BAY ran well last time and though he carries top weight when the riders claim is taken into account he gets a few pounds from most of the field and only gives a pound or two to a couple in the race and is an ew bet in the 4 40 at Chelmsford.

LONG CALL ran away with a race in Hereford a month ago without coming off the bridle and winning hard held.He takes on a few promising types who are well regarded and has to carry a 7 lb penalty for his win.Master Blue Eyes is odds on for this after 3 goodish runs when he went off at 1/1 5/2 and 11/10 and finished 4th 2nd 2nd going down in a photo last time.
    I am a bit surprised to see him so short in the betting and he will have a battle on his hands to contain the in-form LONG CALL who showed very little before bolting in when well backed last time and his shrewd trainer,Tony Martin does very well with his raiders.

LONG CALL beat some useful horses with reasonable form in maidens and I do not see him getting beaten,one wonders why he is over for this race unless it is the intention to win impressively and sell him on,whatever the case he is a very good bet in my opinion and will have no trouble with the ground.Runs 3 40 Ludlow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,412 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

CLOVELLY BAY ran well last time and though he carries top weight when the riders claim is taken into account he gets a few pounds from most of the field and only gives a pound or two to a couple in the race and is an ew bet in the 4 40 at Chelmsford.

See as the actual Clovelly bay is just down the road from me, and my favourite beach. It's only right that I follow you on this one :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement