Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

LONG CALL ran away with a race in Hereford a month ago without coming off the bridle and winning hard held.He takes on a few promising types who are well regarded and has to carry a 7 lb penalty for his win.Master Blue Eyes is odds on for this after 3 goodish runs when he went off at 1/1 5/2 and 11/10 and finished 4th 2nd 2nd going down in a photo last time.
    I am a bit surprised to see him so short in the betting and he will have a battle on his hands to contain the in-form LONG CALL who showed very little before bolting in when well backed last time and his shrewd trainer,Tony Martin does very well with his raiders.

LONG CALL beat some useful horses with reasonable form in maidens and I do not see him getting beaten,one wonders why he is over for this race unless it is the intention to win impressively and sell him on,whatever the case he is a very good bet in my opinion and will have no trouble with the ground.

For info, Long Call runs in the 15:40 at Ludlow today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Mellor wrote: »
    See as the actual Clovelly bay is just down the road from me, and my favourite beach. It's only right that I follow you on this one :D
    Be careful then as a horse called CLOVELLY runs in the 2 50 at Carlisle today and has little chance of success though that may not stop coincidence punters having a little double.

Will Kennedy has a good book of rides at Carlisle and he can have a very good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Be careful then as a horse called CLOVELLY runs in the 2 50 at Carlisle today and has little chance of success though that may not stop coincidence punters having a little double.

Will Kennedy has a good book of rides at Carlisle and he can have a very good day.

I like this one. Course winner and the trainer has traveled 292 miles RT , always a good sign

I will also be on Alfie Spinner in the 4:30 Carlise, distance winner, jamie onboard and 420 miles RT, 135 rating and kerry lee horse

2:40 ludlow On demand tizzard horse and only runner today 11/2, distance winner and will be in the mix for sure I think

I will do a e/w lucky 15 with these plus Longcall

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

Lucky 15 today:

2.20 Freddies Portrait
    3.00 Bracken Brae
    3.30 Mise en rose
    4.05 Dynamo Walt

2 from 4 yesterday, hoping for better today, if 1st 3 win there will be a healthy cash out option, also if you have 3 shorties picked in your L15, add a complete outsider to it, eventhough you dont fancy it, your potential winnings are always greater, the cash out option made by the computer in a lot of firms will deal you a healthy sum, always worth taking, you just need the 3 winners!!!

Aurora1966 wrote: »
    Lucky 15 today:

2.20 Freddies Portrait
    3.00 Bracken Brae
    3.30 Mise en rose
    4.05 Dynamo Walt

2 from 4 yesterday, hoping for better today, if 1st 3 win there will be a healthy cash out option, also if you have 3 shorties picked in your L15, add a complete outsider to it, eventhough you dont fancy it, your potential winnings are always greater, the cash out option made by the computer in a lot of firms will deal you a healthy sum, always worth taking, you just need the 3 winners!!!

can you cash out Lucky 15's? Ive never had that option with SKybet

bookies love lucky 15's and accums, they rarely come up! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Hidden Gem 12-1 5.10

Drops back to 7f here, unlucky 2 races back not to get off mark.
    Back into a grade 6 here also.
    I think it can grab a place here at least. Has ran decently at the track in its 4 races here.

bookies love lucky 15's and accums, they rarely come up!

Yes with Bet365, I did €2 lucky 15.. After 1st winner offer was €52, which is crazy for a 2-1 winner, now the offer is €102, ill make a decision after the next race, I have the Buick horse as my best bet in the lucky 15. I will let you know what the next offer is regardless Sarge

The cashout is back to 53 euro, if the Walt wins a return of 186. Ill see it out

The cashout is back to 53 euro, if the Walt wins a return of 186. Ill see it out

should make a profit with 2 winners no?

Hidden Gem 12-1 5.10

Drops back to 7f here, unlucky 2 races back not to get off mark.
    Back into a grade 6 here also.
    I think it can grab a place here at least. Has ran decently at the track in its 4 races here.

2nd

• Advertisement

Tigerfish 14-1 2.10 Lingfield

Unlucky when short of room last time out, beating that day by Auric Goldfinger who got first run. It was a length behind Auric Goldfinger 2 races back, when again it was staying on late. This is a weaker contest and I think it will get off the mark here at a good price

14-1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Unlucky when short of room last time out, beating that day by Auric Goldfinger who got first run. It was a length behind Auric Goldfinger 2 races back, when again it was staying on late. This is a weaker contest and I think it will get off the mark here at a good price

14-1

Down to 11s now, it's running in the 2.40 by the way. I'm taking a break from backing at the moment but that horse ticks a lot of boxes for a small ew bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,412 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

also if you have 3 shorties picked in your L15, add a complete outsider to it, eventhough you dont fancy it, your potential winnings are always greater, the cash out option made by the computer in a lot of firms will deal you a healthy sum, always worth taking, you just need the 3 winners!!!
    Doesn't the cash out option just hedge the bet and take a cut?

If you have a long short still to run, the payout if higher, but the chances of winning are proportionally lower. So the EV is usually the same.

An exception is if the still to run horse has shortened, in which case the chances are proportionally high, so bumped up payout. But that could happen to long and short odds tbh
    How much does it return for if the last loses, based on two winners?

anyone else finding that you dont always get the email notifications of new posts if subscribed? the last emailed update I got was bornetobywildes "2nd" post

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I get tips one occasional do not receive this rhread anymore even though signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Does it not explain it in the email? You get one notification then have to visit the page to clear that notification and you get a new one only then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Seanachai

racso1975 wrote: »
    I get tips one occasional do not receive this rhread anymore even though signed up.
    You can sign up for daily or weekly updates etc

14-1

shortened to 4-1 , well done got 10's, you are keeping the boards in money :D

So lucky the line came before it was passed, made for a exciting finish though.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dollseyes

So lucky the line came before it was passed, made for a exciting finish though.

Cheers! Put a €10 e/w on her last night.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

anyone else finding that you dont always get the email notifications of new posts if subscribed? the last emailed update I got was bornetobywildes "2nd" post

I think (and I stress I think) there's a glitch with the notifications that HQ are looking into but I think if you unsubscribe from the thread and then re-subscribe it should work again

Greyfriarschorista 25-1 2.30

Great record around here , won over this C&D same day last year. It's a long shot , should be some money for it, and a place is possible I feel.

25-1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭vandriver

Greyfriarschorista 25-1 2.30

Great record around here , won over this C&D same day last year. It's a long shot , should be some money for it, and a place is possible I feel.

25-1
    17/2 to be placed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

If ever a horse has been crying out for an up in trip it's Tommy Welsh 9/2.Looks well treated of 59 and 3lb claim expect a very big run tonight.

Asian Wing 9-2 8.00

Carvelas 11-2 8.30

Both of these ran well last time out and close go close to victory here.

Aprovado 10-1 8.15

One run this year on 27th Jan, didn't run since 30th Sep. It should improve for that recent run as it was very consistent last year. Has good record over this trip.
    I like it's EW shot here.

10-1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

sting60 wrote: »
    If ever a horse has been crying out for an up in trip it's Tommy Welsh 9/2.Looks well treated of 59 and 3lb claim expect a very big run tonight.

Brilliant tipping again Sting. I got a wee bit on at 11 on BF.

Clap clap clap.

Bravo Sir!

well in fella

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

Sting60

Anything jumping out at you for tomorrow?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement