Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Bertie Blue Boy 18/1 (Lingfield 4:20)

Finally seems to be down to a good mark after a run of losses. This is his track/course too. He could run around it blindfolded. Doing a win only bet as he will storm out of the stalls, run like his life depended on it, and you have to hope he has enough stamina to stay ahead.

If he does not win today, I feel a big odds will will come at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I was going for
    Colourbearer 14-1 bet victor 11-1 LB in 4.20

Can forgive it a bad run last time out, but it's usually very consistent over this c&d. The favourite is in great form though , But Coulurbearer a good ew I think.

14-1

tinodz wrote: »
    Bertie Blue Boy 18/1 (Lingfield 4:20)

Finally seems to be down to a good mark after a run of losses. This is his track/course too. He could run around it blindfolded. Doing a win only bet as he will storm out of the stalls, run like his life depended on it, and you have to hope he has enough stamina to stay ahead.

If he does not win today, I feel a big odds will will come at some point

BBB actually nabbed second. Was sure it was first ot nothing :(

Well damn!

Bertie ran well. Favourite was always going to be hard to beat. I thought Colourbearer had it in the bag for a few seconds. Didn't even hold onto a place in end.
    dam.

Teepee Time 25-1 LB

I like this for a place
    Ran second to Lady Bacchus 2 races back over C&D

• Advertisement

Wins

Holding on, probably deserved just a place as it was lucky to make the line.

SOme money came for it . 25-1 down to 16's in 10 mins .

BOOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭munster87

Wins

BOOM!
    Good call

I wish I could have posted that last night. It's just I had a few mins there and looked at that race and saw it had a chance. 10 minute lead time is not enough though, Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I wish I could have posted that last night. It's just I had a few mins there and looked at that race and saw it had a chance. 10 minute lead time is not enough though, Sorry.

Bad form. It's just not on. Donate all winnings to a charity of your choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,590 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Slattsy wrote: »
    Bad form. It's just not on. Donate all winnings to a charity of your choice!

The Timberrrrrrrr benevolent drinking fund is running low

Just saying ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Had a horrific weekend and missed this. Could really have done with it! Well done to who got on lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

you shall be taken out and flogged!

great tip btw, but yes missed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

Missed it too, work got in the way, great call pal, keep em coming

Spanish Fleet 11/4 (1:55 Kelso) is one I have in the notebook. 4 runners in the race. The odds seem to indicate three of them have a solid chance of winning. After his last run, I think Spanish Fleet is of better quality the the rest, as he came home with a strong finish.

Pleadings 16-1 BS 4.30

Was some good money for this 2 races back when it ran over this course and distance. PLaced 3rd that day. On bottom weight here today and if it can run a similar race it has a EW shot I feel . Showed a great turn of foot to grab 3rd that day, it was a very good 3rd.

16-1

Bahamian Dollar 10-1 PP 5.25

Has only races 6 times, 5 last year and once 3 weeks ago. Should improve for that recent run and was very consistent for a 3 year old last year.
    At 10-1 it's a good ew shot here. I expect an honest run.

10-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

In may of last year borough boy was 3rd in a class 3 at Chelmsford over 6 f, placed behind Patrick and gentlemen.
    Tomorrow he runs in the lingfield 1.45 in a class 6, his last run was a bit more like his old self and If he was in anyway near the form of last may he would bolt up here and @ 10/1 is a good e/w bet.

In may of last year borough boy was 3rd in a class 3 at Chelmsford over 6 f, placed behind Patrick and gentlemen.
    Tomorrow he runs in the lingfield 1.45 in a class 6, his last run was a bit more like his old self and If he was in anyway near the form of last may he would bolt up here and @ 10/1 is a good e/w bet.

Borough boy will have his day in the sun soon, when the money's on I would think. jumped slowly after Miss judging the start, made up ground up the rail before he ran out of room, he wasn't knocked about .
    Will prob be dropped another few pounds as well.

Swiss Cross 40-1 3.30

Drops back to 6f here, has good record over this trip. Swiss Cross has won it's last 3 runs over 6f on this track. It was in cracking form from May last year all the way up to Dec 28th when it won here over this C&d, all in lower class races but comes here on bottom weight with only 8s 2lbs. It's a long shot as many in this race have won well or placed 2nd last time out.

A little EW at
    40-1

Newberry New 11-1 3.00

I think it can go close here at a good ew price. Ran a decent race last time out.

11-1

• Advertisement

Leonard Thomas 14-1 3.10

Has form over this trip in higher grades, has run a close 4th ,5th and 6th with only a length or less covering the top 6. So form is a bit of an illusion.
    Also comes here in form over a mile, a win and place last two races

14-1
    Prices vary 12-1 20-1

Wolves 3.45
    Bowson Fred @ 8/1

Wolves 4.55
    Doctor parkes @ 8/1

Done placepot at wolves too

Encore Dor 10-1 LB 3.45

Competitive race but I like Encore to win this one.
    3 wins and one place over this trip last year, its one run this year should see an improvement from that run.

10-1 ew

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Did an ew patent today on 3 that go well at Southwell.

DUNGANNON 3 40 9/2
    GO ON GAL 11/1 4 40
    VERY FIRST BLADE 9/1 4 10.
    Did the ew singles separately as Lads money back if 2nd to the jolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Merlin44

Did an ew patent today on 3 that go well at Southwell.

DUNGANNON 3 40 9/2
    GO ON GAL 11/1 4 40
    VERY FIRST BLADE 9/1 4 10.
    Did the ew singles separately as Lads money back if 2nd to the jolly.

Good man zim welcome back you didn't happen to see one of your recent shouts at wol yesterday Fleckerl fell out of the gates 3 lengths off field and rallied heroically to finish 3rd at a big price would have won imho if got start right. A return to form ?

Raise the Game 14-1 2.20 Lingfield

Only five runs to its name, showed enough ability last time out to go close here.
    Ran on into 3rd last time out, Finishing behind Siege of Boston and Bounty Pursuit. Bounty had won again since and Siege won before coming second to Bounty, so I think Raise the Game and go well here

14-1 ew

Jolly Rodger 18-1 2.55 Lingfield

Ran over this trip on turf 3 weeks ago in a grade 4 coming a good 3rd. This is its first run on All Weather, its on bottom weight here. I think it will run a good race

18-1

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

Merlin44 wrote:
    Good man zim welcome back you didn't happen to see one of your recent shouts at wol yesterday Fleckerl fell out of the gates 3 lengths off field and rallied heroically to finish 3rd at a big price would have won imho if got start right. A return to form ?

No entries coming up for him, theyll look for a weak race, Dore will have a punt and a big price ia assured, well noticed Merlin,I looked back at the race, a winner in waiting, keep us in the loop with your further observations

Miracle Garden 16-1 LB 8.30 Wolves

I'm liking this for an EW bet.
    Looked like it was getting some fitness last time out. Should run an honest race here though over it's preferred trip of 5f

16-1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Everyone knows what this thread is & isn't for. Please remember it, people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement