Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

BARTHOLOMEW J ran well in 6th place lto in the race won by Tigerfish with Rockalater ahead of him in 4th.Tenderly handled that day,BARTHOLOMEW J ran on well having been out the back for a long way.

The race looks between the three of them and Mr Strutter who has been backed on a couple of occasions and would be my fancy here if it was a 6 furlong race.Mr Strutter did not appear to want further in his last few races over 5 and 6 furlongs.I cant see anything else getting involved and I will probably do a few forecasts and tricasts with the 4 mentioned and back BARTHOLOMEW J ew at 6s.Runs at 4 35 Lingfield

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

David's beauty 40-1 6.45

2 wins and 5 places over this trip in last 12 months.
    I think it has a great place chance here at a big price.

40-1 ew

Give US a Belle 9-1 6.45 , I like for win
    On bottom weight here after a good run last time out.

9-1 win

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Logi 8:15 Wolves, goes off 75, should go well, got 6-1 this morning, but been cut now

Logi 8:15 Wolves, goes off 75, should go well, got 6-1 this morning, but been cut now

ok ok so I posted late, but it won, hope somebody else got on

Now that the original fav is out of the Winter Derby at Ling 3 15 the way is clear for GRENDISAR to repeat last year's win.Things have not worked out too well for him this year but sectional times show he can run as fast as the best aw sprinters in the the final furlong or two of a race and if his jockey can time it right he should win today.

I will be having a small saver on Mythical Madness at 22/1,has a jockey on board today who is one of the best coming from behind and while the horse has a bit to find on the ratings everything in Ling happens after the final bend and something with a real burst of speed can win today.

The Eider chase over 4 miles at 2 45 Newcastle is always a great spectacle and they will be well strung out on today's ground.
    ALTO DES MOTTES won last time out making up a huge amount of ground in the final half mile,a 4 lb penalty is fair enough for the 7 year old stayer.Tony Kelly gets on well with the horse,who has won on his only two visits to Newcastle and he might be still improving, at 14/1 he is worth backing ew.

• Advertisement

OPENING BATSMAN,has won and been placed in the 3 35 at Kem in the past and while recent form is nothing to get excited about it is likely that Harry Fry had this race in mind for him,PP 4 PLACES AT 14/1.

ALL YOU and COQUINE are two that might repay support in the 8 15 and 8 45 at wol tonight,both 9/1 with Lads and money back if 2nd to the fav.
    I stuck my 5 fancies in an ew lucky 31 in an optimistic attempt at a big win today so fingers crossed.

5pm Lingers Mercy Me 6-1 only beaten by a head over CD recently

3;15 Absolute Blast, 4 runs, 2 wins, 2 places, will be up there I reckon 8-1

3:35 Kempton

fingersontheswitch
    double shuffle
    and even 29-1 pilgrims bay

most likely double shuffle

Alto Des Mottes falls at the first,Grendisar only 5th but beaten just a length and Opening Batsman completely bowled out so no big win for small stakes.
    Only the two OMeara horses,COQUINE 8 45 WOL and ALL YOU 8 15 WOL left to avoid a whitewash so I backed both ew.

5pm Lingers Mercy Me 6-1 only beaten by a head over CD recently

3;15 Absolute Blast, 4 runs, 2 wins, 2 places, will be up there I reckon 8-1

3:35 Kempton

fingersontheswitch
    double shuffle
    and even 29-1 pilgrims bay

most likely double shuffle

lol, had a euro e/w on pilgrims bay, hope some one else was mad enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

lol, had a euro e/w on pilgrims bay, hope some one else was mad enough!

Pilgrims cheese did well, pity about the soup:

pilgrimscheeseandsoup.png

• Advertisement

Alto Des Mottes falls at the first,Grendisar only 5th but beaten just a length and Opening Batsman completely bowled out so no big win for small stakes.
    Only the two OMeara horses,COQUINE 8 45 WOL and ALL YOU 8 15 WOL left to avoid a whitewash so I backed both ew.

Backed a few good priced horses today with dire results,it is now time to start getting a bit of value for Cheltenham as its money back non-runners.

MOON RACER has the form to win the Supreme Novices Hurdle.
    NORTH HILL HARVEY seems to have been laid out for the county hurdle.

Mishaal 40-1 3.55

Usually goes well off a break . This is first run since Sep.
    Very consistent over this trip, always thereabouts.
    At 40-1 it's a long shot EW

40-1 3.55

Mishaal 40-1 3.55

Usually goes well off a break . This is first run since Sep.
    Very consistent over this trip, always thereabouts.
    At 40-1 it's a long shot EW

40-1 3.55

Would like to be 'Rich Again @12', good form, but it's showing a large 140% negative price (drift).

Any 40-1 with a chance among the 12 with 3pl 1/4 is worth consideration.
    GoFar and maybe Mishaal might also be tasty placers at 40-1-ish.

Coral and Bet 365 have 4 places in the 3.55 also.

Brigadoon 16-1 4.25

Has gone close last 3 races, always beating into 2nd by 3 very short priced favourites
    I likes its chance in this group

16-1 ew

Dead last.

GoFar just not far enough (4th), was priced up to 50/1.

Also have the Brigadoon@17, 4:25 from earlier, along with Northern Girl @8, 5:15.
    That Oscars la-la-last night was some shocker!

1st 10 Ravens Quest 13/2
    2nd 8 Heart Locket 8/1
    3rd 7 Brigadoon 20/1

Amanto 50-1 4.00

I like this Ew
    Has run in higher grades and its previous runs over this C&D have been good.

50-1 ew

I've gone and done it again /

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭minibear

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Thank you!!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Well done.

Amanto 50-1 4.00

I like this Ew
    Has run in higher grades and its previous runs over this C&D have been good.

50-1 ew

Extraordinary,well done.

I am sorry to say I did not have a penny on,it would have been handy as I get ready for golf in Spain on sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

I think they heard that boom in Australia toby! Well done.

Edit for wrong name. Sorry Toby. Well done again.

Archipeligo 18-1 6.00

A lot of I Jardine horses are running really good off of a break. Archipeligo has its first run here since June last year. Rated as high as 105 over hurdles comes here to race on flat with four wins from 1m 1f to 1m 4f including 3 wins on sand, so it can go well if ready.
    Can't see me picking two big winners in a row so I give it a ew shot.

18-1 LB ew 16-1 Coral with 4 places

Outsider wins and horses who have won over course and distance just recently run the course 5 seconds slower, no one challenged and my pick cantered from start to finish and jockey made no attempt to win ,even though it looked well placed and travelling well.
    That was a ''funny'' race.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Outsider wins and horses who have won over course and distance just recently run the course 5 seconds slower, no one challenged and my pick cantered from start to finish and jockey made no attempt to win ,even though it looked well placed and travelling well.
    That was a ''funny'' race.

Very very odd on first viewing, worse on second. Was delighted Nolan made sure he came where he did though as he'll be a very nice price next time.

The Happy Hammer 28-1 in the 18:55 Chelmsford
    has won on AW and is a CD winner. Last won back April 2016 with Lulu, the same jock onboard today.
    rated 88 and has a decent shot at a place tonight I reckon

Jan Smuts 9-1 LB

Stayed on but failed to reach winner last time out over C&D
    Can go close again today if better placed to challenge.

9-1 ew

Secret Asset 25-1 PP 5.25

Looked held back last time out when finished 3 lengths off Vimy Ridge who will be one of the favourites here.
    I like it's ew chance at 25-1 with PP

25-1

• Advertisement

4:20 newbury... Hadfield 10-1
    trainer is on good form , on a good mark and twice a hurdles winner. ground should suit and I expect him to go well with a 7lb claimer

6:30 Dundalk only spoofing 4-1

form trainer, and great speed rating, 2nd here recently , got stuck behind and did well making it up
    "ONLY SPOOFING went down by just a head over 6f here on his handicap debut in December and is expected to step up on that effort off 2lb lower now granted this additional furlong"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement