Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I said no bets until Galway, and I am going to stick to it, but....

The crazy front runner that is Bertie Blu Boy is in the 7.10 at Chelmsford tomorrow. He has risen in weight, but this is shortest distance possible. He will run until his legs fall off. 4/1 seems nice.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Bachusons form gets tested in the first at ballinrobe with free scorpion, not that I have backed her.

Not picking the best horses in the last few days, but I just noticed Classic Pursuit 4/1 (3.10)

Fantastic turn of speed shown in the last furlong in a 6f at Lingfield LTO. Made up huge ground once he got gap after getting trapped for a while. This is a mile shorter, but if he gets a good run and has that same bit extra at the end, he could be a good one.

tinodz wrote: »
    Not picking the best horses in the last few days, but I just noticed Classic Pursuit 4/1 (3.10)

Fantastic turn of speed shown in the last furlong in a 6f at Lingfield LTO. Made up huge ground once he got gap after getting trapped for a while. This is a mile shorter, but if he gets a good run and has that same bit extra at the end, he could be a good one.

Blew the start (again), and finished second (again). Christ! :mad:

Classic Pursuit finished so well again. I guess I will be on him next time. He just needs to know how to start!

• Advertisement

Might as well make one more bad decision for the day...

Maontri 25/1 EW (7.35 Nass)

Think she has a good chance to at least place

Might as well make one more bad decision for the day...

Maontri 25/1 EW (7.35 Nass)

Think she has a good chance to at least place

Went well, but fell back through the pack.

Little Harreth and Ocean Glendore were NR's earlier in the week and are declared today at Limerick so will be watching them. Am having a few ew on Presburg in Sandown @9/1. He will need to run to his best to win this Cls4 but is down to a decent weight, likes the track , has run well this time of yr before and has a very good claimer on board and having looked through the opposition, am will to have a go.

Presburg done by a nose :(

I was told the tin man would win the 7:20 at Donny. Price was gone to 7/4 when I got home to back it. Interestingly, spoils have been big on him all day and now 11/4 though am not near a shop to hit them. Maybe they know something..they are short on Buccaneers vault

• Advertisement

That tin man result has me looking forward to Tuesday and Wednesday at Goodwood.

*snaps wallet shut and waits* 😀

Classic Pursuit 11/4 (Salisbury 6.15)

Out again tomorrow. Jumped from stalls badly on last two runs - Lingfield (6f), Bath (5f). Made up huge ground on both occasions. Will win with clean break... I believe!

The going will really suit Azraff 10/1 in next at Ascot IMO.

Excellent at this distance, and enojys some give.

The going will really suit Azraff 10/1 in next at Ascot IMO.

Excellent at this distance, and enojys some give.

No luck, and even drifted out to 12s after my picked it :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

My picks for today are

3 Colours Red 4.10 Wexford 5/2
    Eqleem 4:15 Newmarket 7/4
    Sherry 4:30 Newcastle 13/8
    Plane Song 5.00 Ascot 11/10
    Deor 5.20 Wexford 2/1

I do feel sorry for Richard Hughes getting jocked off his final race in the Eclipse. Vindicated his reason for retiring

Snow Sky's race if he's good enough which I think he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

another vote for snow sky
    not worried about eagle top, cookie shouldnt be good enough but is tough

BumperD wrote: »
    Snow Sky's race if he's good enough which I think he is.

Did I say something? Starts immediately to drift

Tunnel Tiger 9/2 (Wex 4.45)

Had this put in notebook after last run. Seems to be steadily improving, and will win soon, and today might be the day.

I would really like a win after a string of bad picks just to get back on track!

• Advertisement

Tunnel Tiger 9/2 (Wex 4.45)

Had this put in notebook after last run. Seems to be steadily improving, and will win soon, and today might be the day.

I would really like a win after a string of bad picks just to get back on track!

HELP :(

Racing UK are idiots. Talking about Classic Pursuit, but not even mentioned the terrible breaks he had.

Classic Pursuit 11/4 (Salisbury 6.15)

Out again tomorrow. Jumped from stalls badly on last two runs - Lingfield (6f), Bath (5f). Made up huge ground on both occasions. Will win with clean break... I believe!

Finally had a good break, and won it easy!

I needed a good winner too!

Rye House 5/2 (5.50 Utto)

Drifting, but I don't know why. Great runner is soft conditions.

I am on. I dare to win two in a row!!

Rye House 5/2 (5.50 Utto)

Drifting, but I don't know why. Great runner is soft conditions.

I am on. I dare to win two in a row!!

No luck. I might get back to putting two races together sometime soon.

Had a lump on Bachuson in the first at Galway @2/1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Spent a couple of hours going through the form for the 6 50 at Galway and I believe I found a good value bet.

Spacious Sky ran 4th in this last year despite meeting a little trouble,off the same mark could do better this time under the same lady rider.
    This horse ran a blinder as well last year in 2nd behind Clondaw Warrior in Leopardstown off 2lbs higher.
    19th at halfway came with a very strong run and almost got up with some decent horses behind.Traind by Tony Martin,has 3 in the race,this fellow will come from behind and needs normal luck in running to have an excellent chance.

16s with PP and as low as 10s with other firms Spacious Sky rates a very good bet,has proved he handles the track and ground and big field handicaps I have had a decent ew bet and while some may quibble with a 7lb claiming lady on board -she does lack experience but has had a good few rides,knows the horse well and was on board last year so it would not put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Wont be backing anything at Galways Plate/Hurdle aside.
    Horrific meeting tbh, full of donkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

Slattsy wrote: »
    Wont be backing anything at Galways Plate/Hurdle aside.
    Horrific meeting tbh, full of donkeys.

My sentiment exactly. I much prefer goodwood.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

My mother is from Galway and we used to go every year, I enjoy the Galway Festival but I don't like the racing at it, complete lottery but I'll have a few small bets during the week on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement