Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Money coming in for Chiclet now 7/2. 6lbs above last winning mark.

Money is down for a reason, nice draw, good jock.

I'll have a small punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

4.10 Leopardtown
    EMCON mixed it with Limini and Apples Jade last time in Punchestown in deep ground. Back over fences today in a handicap on better ground points to a huge run on the cards. 5-1 an each way bet to nothing I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Aurora1966 wrote: »
    4.10 Leopardtown
    EMCON mixed it with Limini and Apples Jade last time in Punchestown in deep ground. Back over fences today in a handicap on better ground points to a huge run on the cards. 5-1 an each way bet to nothing I think.

drifted to 7 and took that ew cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Jumbo Prado 18-1 LB 3.40

I like this ew. Has good record over this c&d

It's record in this class on this track is great.

18-1

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Jumbo Prado 18-1 LB 3.40

I like this ew. Has good record over this c&d

It's record in this class on this track is great.

18-1

Crap !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Two horses out for M Appleby at Southwell today.

3:30 Red Touch 12/1.
    Hopefully this one can hit the form of this time last year.
    E/w bet for me.

4:30 Spice Mill 10/1

Back up to 6f will hopefully improve.

Doubled up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

2 for today
    lingers 4pm Juan Horsepower 4-1, 4:30 Swiss Cross 16-1

both top speed over CD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Does anybody know of a horse running at Cheltenham with a name similar to 'ar doabchoa'? A friend just text me to look it up online, it sounds like he may have picked it up wrong, the spelling at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Seanachai wrote: »
    Does anybody know of a horse running at Cheltenham with a name similar to 'ar doabchoa'? A friend just text me to look it up online, it sounds like he may have picked it up wrong, the spelling at least.

Ordo Ab Chao? Stayers hurdle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Ordo Ab Chao? Stayers hurdle.

I think that's the most likely match, he confirmed the trainer is Alan King also, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dollseyes

Singles and a double for me today at lingfield.

Swiss Cross 4.30pm
    Roundabout Magic 3.00pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Lingfield 3.00
    Met by moonlight

Lingfield 4.00
    Merry banter

Catterick 2.20
    Akula

Dollseyes wrote: »
    Singles and a double for me today at lingfield.

Swiss Cross 4.30pm
    Roundabout Magic 3.00pm

im on the magic roundabout as well lol!

im on the magic roundabout as well lol!

I had to give up on him as the connections seem to want to restrain him all the time and he pulls like a head case.
    Prob will go off in front and win today

I had to give up on him as the connections seem to want to restrain him all the time and he pulls like a head case.
    Prob will go off in front and win today

LOL, sorry fella, he did bolt up! :D

LOL, sorry fella, he did bolt up! :D

Typical lol
    Didn't see it
    But sounded like fast pace so he mustn't of pulled
    Met by moonlight had no where to go was it

Typical lol
    Didn't see it
    But sounded like fast pace so he mustn't of pulled
    Met by moonlight had no where to go was it

9th! had the 2nd as well. (after timing lol) but magic was at the back and did a wide arc and just zoomed up, no sign of pulling

Thank god for roundabout magic and I took sgt peppers tip of Juan power. I wasn't going to but when scuze me was a Non runner and had a little punt on him.

Swiss Cross will never see a cent again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

The 3 35 at Thurles looks a good opportunity for Rock on Barney to get his race after 3 seconds in handicap hurdles and is likely to go off at a short price for a much deserved victory.
    However 3 hard races in February may have left its mark and I am backing one he beat last time to turn the tables now.

FIESOLE started life with Luca Cumani in Newmarket and ran a few good maiden races as a 2 year old before winning in a small field.
    Brought to Ireland by the Doyles he was given a few runs in maiden hurdles,showing little until getting his handicap mark and finishing 8th in a big field beaten about 15 lengths.

He next ran a very good race behind Rock on Barney and strictly on the" book" should not reverse placings with Rock on Barney but he was ridden by an inexperienced pilot that day while hot fav Rock on was ridden by P W Mullins and I believe FIESOLE is ready to win now and he is around the 13/2-7/1 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Jayo11780

Back The Church gate today in the 3.35 thurles, my father bred and owns this horse and at 6/1 is serious value in a race without much depth.. he is fully expected to do the Biz today!

• Advertisement

4:30 southwell last chance paddy 20-1
    the trainer has form for first time runners, and indeed has the best form of the trainers in this race plus has a good draw, could be nice e/w money but dont shoot the piano player "30,000gns 2yo; half-brother to US 1m dirt winner Happy On Empty; dam US 1m turf stakes winner, sister to US 1m 2yo dirt stakes winner Money´soncharlotte; interesting pedigree; yard 19-118 here in recent seasons."

I fancy Elusivity at 3.20 at Southwell today. Top weight of 9st 10. P Mulrennan on board. 16/1.
    And a little double with War department at 7.45 at Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 salfordseven

Jayo11780 wrote: »
    Back The Church gate today in the 3.35 thurles, my father bred and owns this horse and at 6/1 is serious value in a race without much depth.. he is fully expected to do the Biz today!
    Thought the horse had had enough then came home like a train.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

The 3 35 at Thurles looks a good opportunity for Rock on Barney to get his race after 3 seconds in handicap hurdles and is likely to go off at a short price for a much deserved victory.
    However 3 hard races in February may have left its mark and I am backing one he beat last time to turn the tables now.

FIESOLE started life with Luca Cumani in Newmarket and ran a few good maiden races as a 2 year old before winning in a small field.
    Brought to Ireland by the Doyles he was given a few runs in maiden hurdles,showing little until getting his handicap mark and finishing 8th in a big field beaten about 15 lengths.

He next ran a very good race behind Rock on Barney and strictly on the" book" should not reverse placings with Rock on Barney but he was ridden by an inexperienced pilot that day while hot fav Rock on was ridden by P W Mullins and I believe FIESOLE is ready to win now and he is around the 13/2-7/1 mark.
    Zimmer,i forgot to highlight that With Pleasure was running over hurdles today, finished 2nd @14/1 to a 1/8 shot

He did have every chance and was staying on strongly when coming down at the last,but luck evens itself out and though it hurt when he fell that's racing and we must put up with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Dandillon 745 Newcastle will be there at the death if runs to wolves form

razorhead wrote: »
    Zimmer,i forgot to highlight that With Pleasure was running over hurdles today, finished 2nd @14/1 to a 1/8 shot
    I confess I was unaware he was running over hurdles though I would not have backed him,it will be interesting to see if he improves for this run.

Fast Kar is of interest in the 8 15 at Newcastle tonight.

Brought over from France by Barry Murphy,the horse did finish a 1/2 a length 4th on soft while there over 6 furlongs.
    Showed just a little promise for Murphy in two runs at Dundalk and showed a lot more whe beaten a little more than 3 lengths over 5 furlongs at Dundalk last time,started at 50/1 for last 3 runs and his handicap mark has come down from 64 to 53.
    Back over 6 furlongs tonight and ridden by an apprentice who I believe will be the next sensation,Patrick Vaughan a young irish lad who works for David Omeara he can play a part in tonight's contest.
    I have backed Mr Strutter a number of times and I hope he does not decide to turn it on tonight as I have backed Fast Kar ew and I expect Murphy has not sent him over from Ireland for fun.
    9/1 was available today so I took it ew and there are just the 8 runners.
    Seems to be very little confidence as now 20s on betfair.

Fast Kar is of interest in the 8 15 at Newcastle tonight.

Brought over from France by Barry Murphy,the horse did finish a 1/2 a length 4th on soft while there over 6 furlongs.
    Showed just a little promise for Murphy in two runs at Dundalk and showed a lot more whe beaten a little more than 3 lengths over 5 furlongs at Dundalk last time,started at 50/1 for last 3 runs and his handicap mark has come down from 64 to 53.
    Back over 6 furlongs tonight and ridden by an apprentice who I believe will be the next sensation,Patrick Vaughan a young irish lad who works for David Omeara he can play a part in tonight's contest.
    I have backed Mr Strutter a number of times and I hope he does not decide to turn it on tonight as I have backed Fast Kar ew and I expect Murphy has not sent him over from Ireland for fun.
    9/1 was available today so I took it ew and there are just the 8 runners.
    Seems to be very little confidence as now 20s on betfair.

Paddy is even better than I thought and boardies should take note of FAST KAR.It will not surprise me to see this one running for another trainer very soon.

• Advertisement

Four value bets today (hopefully) DISPUTED in the big one,3 oc San 16/1 comes from behind and has a chance.
    MARTELLO PARK 3 35 San 6/1,Mags Mullins seldom sends one across the water unless it has a real chance and though this is a hot bumper this horse is high class.
    MY TARGET 3 15 Ling has a real turn of foot and just runs away from the rest,todays draw 11 is not ideal but I think he will switch to the inside out the back before coming with a late burst.
    A mile would be better giving the horse more time to take up a good position before delivering his challenge but he should still take all the beating and 7/1 is way too big a price.
    ARDAMIR was a big fancy of mine following a very unlucky run and disappointed next time when again getting into trouble in a small field.It is hard to see how this one is still a maiden and he can win today at around 9/2.
    A lucky 15 ew topped up with a few solid single bets as well might provide some cash for Chel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement