Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Fancies For Today II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Four value bets today (hopefully) DISPUTED in the big one,3 oc San 16/1 comes from behind and has a chance.
    MARTELLO PARK 3 35 San 6/1,Mags Mullins seldom sends one across the water unless it has a real chance and though this is a hot bumper this horse is high class.
    MY TARGET 3 15 Ling has a real turn of foot and just runs away from the rest,todays draw 11 is not ideal but I think he will switch to the inside out the back before coming with a late burst.
    A mile would be better giving the horse more time to take up a good position before delivering his challenge but he should still take all the beating and 7/1 is way too big a price.
    ARDAMIR was a big fancy of mine following a very unlucky run and disappointed next time when again getting into trouble in a small field.It is hard to see how this one is still a maiden and he can win today at around 9/2.
    A lucky 15 ew topped up with a few solid single bets as well might provide some cash for Chel.

My target is that price because all his best for is at lingfield.
    He's not the same horse at other all weather tracks and he runs today at wolves.
    In his last 7 races he won 5 and they where all at lingfield, he was comfortably beaten on the other two starts which where at Chelmsford.
    There's something about lingfield that allows the horse to quicken so well but he hasn't done it anywhere else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,639 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Four value bets today (hopefully) DISPUTED in the big one,3 oc San 16/1 comes from behind and has a chance.
    MARTELLO PARK 3 35 San 6/1,Mags Mullins seldom sends one across the water unless it has a real chance and though this is a hot bumper this horse is high class.
    MY TARGET 3 15 Ling has a real turn of foot and just runs away from the rest,todays draw 11 is not ideal but I think he will switch to the inside out the back before coming with a late burst.
    A mile would be better giving the horse more time to take up a good position before delivering his challenge but he should still take all the beating and 7/1 is way too big a price.
    ARDAMIR was a big fancy of mine following a very unlucky run and disappointed next time when again getting into trouble in a small field.It is hard to see how this one is still a maiden and he can win today at around 9/2.
    A lucky 15 ew topped up with a few solid single bets as well might provide some cash for Chel.

MY TARGET runs at Wolverhampton not Lingfield:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

my pick for the 3:15 Newcastle is Realize 8-1. trainer is in form, top speed, a good draw, CD winner and this is his best trip

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dollseyes

He's mine too. And I've him in a trixie with Holiday magic and Hairdryer, but I've also done Zimmers lucky 15..

cant believe I missed salateen 25-1, had the form lol

• Advertisement

Outspoken 2:10 Naas, 7-2, great chance, get on early, has the form and is timeform and ATR pick CD winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Nass 3.45
    Oscar knight 3/1
    Has beaten ball d'arc unite comfortably already this season and should do so again.
    Gordon Elliott said in his blog it's between ball d'arc and gangster which is very strange considering oscar knight has beaten him easily and to not even mention oscar knight is weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭robwen

Outspoken 2:10 Naas, 7-2, great chance, get on early, has the form and is timeform and ATR pick CD winner

So close beaten in a photo finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Three kingdoms 20-1 3.15

I like this ew.

Abolitionist 14-1 lb 16.50

I like this here. Consistent, 2nd behind Empire of Dirt last time out.

with 4 places it's a decent ew chance

14-1 ew

• Advertisement

Abolitionist 14-1 lb 16.50

I like this here. Consistent, 2nd behind Empire of Dirt last time out.

with 4 places it's a decent ew chance

14-1 ew

3faf41b4_1643132j48txh1.gif

3faf41b4_1643132j48txh1.gif

take a bow sir, good tipping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Some incredible picks recently. Well done.

3:40 Plumpton Oscar Jane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I like Allchilled out @5pm Chepstow, 3 runs here and never finished out of the frame. 9/2 this morning, now into 10/3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Does anybody know where I can get a list of horses by owner, I can find the list by trainer. I just want to know M O' leary's entries for Cheltenham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭zimmermania

HORSTED KEYNES 6 50 Chelm is a hold up horse whose riders find it hard to time his run right.

A mile is probably as far as he wants to go nowdays but he does seem to stay it ok.

With Spencer (who is a come-from behind jockey) on board I am hoping he can time his run and get him home in front.I am on ew at 11/2.

HORSTED KEYNES 6 50 Chelm is a hold up horse whose riders find it hard to time his run right.

A mile is probably as far as he wants to go nowdays but he does seem to stay it ok.

With Spencer (who is a come-from behind jockey) on board I am hoping he can time his run and get him home in front.I am on ew at 11/2.

My fate was sealed when the horse was taken to the outside early on,no cover for a hold up horse meant just one thing-my cash was gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

Dan Skelton runs CHTIBELLO in the champion tomorrow, I recieved a message for this a week ago so took 40's, a length off yanworth last time, a wind op since and tongue tie to aid breathing, this horse has not being operating fully, if vibes are right he will out run his odds of 25-1 now, have a few bob folks this is a nice horse.

Also RIVER WYLDE in supreme is also a decent bet in a wide open race which the Melon supporters may watch out for the likes of Altior picking off MIn last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dollseyes

An uncle of mine is over in Cheltenham for the week and txt me to say put a lump of noble endeavour today at 14.50. Word around he's a cert for today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

You could have Denman off bottom weight and he wouldn't be a cery for that race!!

4 days of top class racing and we shall have to be selective and lucky to come out ahead.
    1 30 BALLYANDY ticks all the boxes and has been laid out for for today.
    2 10 if ALTIOR falls or does not run to his best ROYAL CAVIAR ew is the value at 16/1
    2 50 no bet
    3 30 on the basis that McCain decided to skip the 1 30 (he was my banker for that race) with MOONRACER he must have a real chance in the champion hurdle,perhaps the fact that he is an 8 year old may have prompted the trainer to go for it this year and I am backing it ew.
    4 10 no bet but I would have VROOM VROOM MAG if I was betting on it.
    4 50 no bet
    5 30 I should not bet on this race but I am having a little ew on KILLINEY COURT trained by DeBromhead at around 22/1 or more.
    Do not forget to avail of all the deals available,i never bet with Boyles but they are money back as a free bet if 2nd or 3 rd to the fav and also money back fallers at the 1st or last

tomorrow Cheltenham pick

Nietzsche 25-1 4:50 Useful on Flat (stays 13f) and good start over hurdles, scoring 3 times, latest back-to-back handicaps at Market Rasen/Catterick (19.3f). Rates the type to be suited by a well-run race and interesting

Archipeligo 7-1 7.50 Newcastle

I thought this didn't run an honest race on it's first run this year, in this weak group I think it will win.

7-1

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Merlin44

Like Nietzsche myself will be following you on that one ðŸ‘

also Cheltenham

Whisper 7/1, 14:10
    Peregrine Run 9/1 14:50
    irish roe last race
    Messire Des Obeaux

be doing small lucky 15 and e/w singles

good luck all

WAXIES DARGLE could repay a bit of ew support in the 2 50 at Chel

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

WAXIES DARGLE could repay a bit of ew support in the 2 50 at Chel

Waxies Dargle has dreadful form.
    What about Peregrine Run, Supasundae, or Hawk High, trained by the clever Tim Easterby ???

What about Peregrine Run, Supasundae, or Hawk High, trained by the clever Tim Easterby ???

look at the first race yesterday, refused to race 2 or 3 times then beat the fave with a 17yr old on it...anything is possible and besides you don't have to bet on it, zimmer has been kind enough to post it up, he is not forcing you, lots of big price placers yesterday especially with the extra placers

whats your tips?

• Advertisement

Oh James-dreadful form!!,in this race last year the horse was 6th of 25 btn 2 1/2 lengths,in the big handicap at Newbury worth £88,000 before that he was 5th of 22 and there is the small matter of him winning a grade a,class 1 in Fairyhouse in December just gone coming from well back to take the €59,000 first prize.

His last two runs have not been great but like a lot of his owners horses I presume he was campaigned with Cheltenham in mind.I know nothing of the horses well being today but at 40/1 I would not be urging punters to have the house on but a little ew might give a return.

I have no objection to anyone commenting on a selection I might make but to suggest the horse has "dreadful form" on the basis of his two most recent runs when he was probably "looked after"with Cheltenham in mind is nonsensical or at least naieve.
    Good luck with your own selections.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement