Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

JP is mob handed in the cross country chase at 4 10 and I am sure he will not mind which one comes home ist.I am backing AUVERGNAT even though he has a bit to find on bare ratings.
    A young horse who is improving all the time he may be able to outbattle the oldtimers today and win.
    FAYONAGH can win the bumper at 5 30 for Gordon Elliot,in receipt of the mares allowance she can beat the geldings and is value ew at 10s or better and it could be significant that she is the trainers only runner in this race.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

e/w chancers

Willoughby Court, Modus 14-1, top gamble 33-1\ fox norton 8-1, bless the wings 12-1 ,CLAIMANTAKINFORGAN 33/1 \ DEBUCHET 10-1

JP is mob handed in the cross country chase at 4 10 and I am sure he will not mind which one comes home ist.I am backing AUVERGNAT even though he has a bit to find on bare ratings.
    A young horse who is improving all the time he may be able to outbattle the oldtimers today and win.
    FAYONAGH can win the bumper at 5 30 for Gordon Elliot,in receipt of the mares allowance she can beat the geldings and is value ew at 10s or better and it could be significant that she is the trainers only runner in this race.

I'm really quite liking this FAYONAGH 12-1 now, trainer and horse in form and Betway doing money back if your horse loses

Back a horse to win in today’s 13:30 Neptune Novices’ Hurdle or the 17:30 Champion Bumper, and if your horse loses, we’ll refund you with a Free Bet up to €10*.

skybet also doing the same but for the first race, and giving 4 places for the last

"Beat 19 rivals from the front at Naas and yet that nothing compared with her Listed victory at Fairyhouse (soft to heavy) on debut for Gordon Elliott, where she drew right away to prevail by 20l and never stronger than at the finish; it's not as though she beat rubbish either and just a nagging doubt as to whether she'll be quite so effective on this drier surface, having been well beaten on good-ground debut."

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Merlin44

Chelt 1:30 consul de Thaix 16/1 worth a small wager

e/w chancers

Willoughby Court :D, Modus 14-1, top gamble 33-1\ fox norton 8-1, bless the wings 12-1 ,CLAIMANTAKINFORGAN 33/1 \ DEBUCHET 10-1

first one in and drifted to 14-1

• Advertisement

e/w chancers

Willoughby Court WON , Modus 14-1 PLACE, top gamble 33-1 PLACE\ fox norton 8-1 PLACE, bless the wings 12-1 PLACE ,CLAIMANTAKINFORGAN 33/1 \ DEBUCHET 10-1

been a good day so far, placers and a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dollseyes

Good picks Sgt Pepper. Well done.

Dollseyes wrote: »
    Good picks Sgt Pepper. Well done.

shame you cant do after timing, had a last min bet on the douvan beater lol, and still have it in a double with irish roe in the last

tomorrow Cheltenham pick

Nietzsche 25-1 4:50 Useful on Flat (stays 13f) and good start over hurdles, scoring 3 times, latest back-to-back handicaps at Market Rasen/Catterick (19.3f). Rates the type to be suited by a well-run race and interesting

3rd, but very close! good e/w value anyway

I'm really quite liking this FAYONAGH 12-1 now, trainer and horse in form and Betway doing money back if your horse loses

Back a horse to win in today’s 13:30 Neptune Novices’ Hurdle or the 17:30 Champion Bumper, and if your horse loses, we’ll refund you with a Free Bet up to €10*.

skybet also doing the same but for the first race, and giving 4 places for the last

"Beat 19 rivals from the front at Naas and yet that nothing compared with her Listed victory at Fairyhouse (soft to heavy) on debut for Gordon Elliott, where she drew right away to prevail by 20l and never stronger than at the finish; it's not as though she beat rubbish either and just a nagging doubt as to whether she'll be quite so effective on this drier surface, having been well beaten on good-ground debut."

what a race, what a pick Zimmer, well done fella, saved my stupid irish roe,,,,,and that's why ladies and gents, zimmer is one of the very best tippers around

made up fella, really am, hope you smashed the bookies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Had the 3 placed horses backed e/w in the final race, no small part to this thread. Not a bad way to end the day :D

Well done Zimmer! Thanks to yourself and Sgt Pepper I've had a really good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Well done Zimmer and Sgt Pepper. I had Fayonagh written out on the docket and heard someone say Cause Toujors was well fancied so backed it instead. Sums up the week for me.

FAYONAGH stopped the bleeding and it was nice to get a winner in the "getting out stakes",lots of useful selections on here today and congrats to those who gave us so many ew bets.

Just realized that between myself and zimmer and we had the first 3 horses in that last Cheltenham race, not bad going!

Good shout zim on fayonagh helped me break even for the day

Thomas crapper 4:10 9-1 like most something has to drop eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

look at the first race yesterday, refused to race 2 or 3 times then beat the fave with a 17yr old on it...anything is possible and besides you don't have to bet on it, zimmer has been kind enough to post it up, he is not forcing you, lots of big price placers yesterday especially with the extra placers

whats your tips?
    In case ur not aware - its not a tips thread - its a fancy thread, although I do believe I mentioned the winner supasundae.

If I have an opinion on a horse I am entitled to express my opinion if I wish.

I always njoy Zimmers posts & respect his knowledge & I don't need u or any1 else unnecessarily trying to stir 'things' up between people.

In case ur not aware - its not a tips thread - its a fancy thread, although I do believe I mentioned the winner supasundae.

If I have an opinion on a horse I am entitled to express my opinion if I wish.

I always njoy Zimmers posts & respect his knowledge & I don't need u or any1 else unnecessarily trying to stir 'things' up between people.
    l
    lol, you do just fine stirring things up on your own, you talk about respect, but you didn't show it with such a rude and abrupt reply.

mentioning horses is not tipping or saying you fancy them..its just mentioning them and they were all in the same race so please don't try and say you "fancied" all 3 of them.

and this is the only forum I have seen refer to "tips" as fancys. Every other site calls them tips. Try googling horse racing tips and you will see what I mean. "word, or strong word" is what they actually mean when you supposedly have inside info

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

l
    lol, you do just fine stirring things up on your own, you talk about respect, but you didn't show it with such a rude and abrupt reply.

mentioning horses is not tipping or saying you fancy them..its just mentioning them and they were all in the same race so please don't try and say you "fancied" all 3 of them.

and this is the only forum I have seen refer to "tips" as fancys. Every other site calls them tips. Try googling horse racing tips and you will see what I mean. "word, or strong word" is what they actually mean when you supposedly have inside info

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,418 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Did you back the 3 that you mentioned.
    WP if so,16/3 isn't a bad return. Even 10/3 EW is better than sicking the lot

A horse who has not run for 145 days is my fancy for the 2 10 at Chel,useful on the flat and over hurdles (was still in with a chance and going well under top weight in the Fred Winter when falling in 2015).Switched to fences when still very young he did not appear to take to them and was switched back to the flat and hurdles again.

Won over course and distance last time out beating his stablemate For Good Measure a sh hd and now meets that horse on better terms.Ran well on the flat before that in a class 3 handicap at Ascot finishing 3rd and before that won a good handicap hurdle over 2 miles 5 and a half furlongs and while I do not know why Philp Hobbs has not run him in the meantime I am happy to believe it was to protect his handicap mark or because he seems best on good ground though he does handle good to soft.

GOLDEN DOYEN is the horse and he can be backed at around 20/1.He looked beaten last time but rallied and fought back gamely up the Cheltenham hill and I am hopeful he will do the same again in in the Pertemps final at 2 10.

Any opinions on LIL ROCKERFELLER 33/1 in the the Stayers? Had a bad run here in January on soft but will love the ground today. Was second to UKWIMH at ascot in December on better ground over 3m and I reckon he has an ew chance at least at those odds.

A horse who has not run for 145 days is my fancy for the 2 10 at Chel,useful on the flat and over hurdles (was still in with a chance and going well under top weight in the Fred Winter when falling in 2015).Switched to fences when still very young he did not appear to take to them and was switched back to the flat and hurdles again.

Won over course and distance last time out beating his stablemate For Good Measure a sh hd and now meets that horse on better terms.Ran well on the flat before that in a class 3 handicap at Ascot finishing 3rd and before that won a good handicap hurdle over 2 miles 5 and a half furlongs and while I do not know why Philp Hobbs has not run him in the meantime I am happy to believe it was to protect his handicap mark or because he seems best on good ground though he does handle good to soft.

GOLDEN DOYEN is the horse and he can be backed at around 20/1.He looked beaten last time but rallied and fought back gamely up the Cheltenham hill and I am hopeful he will do the same again in in the Pertemps final at 2 10.

Sky and others doing 6 places, so deffo worth a flutter

again, I agree and shall be going in on this. thanks for posting zimmer

Racing Post says
    In good form when last seen out in October, producing strong late run to narrowly win fair race over 3m here; up 3lb but shaped as if he´d be suited by the slightly stiffer test of stamina this race on the new course should provide and a contender if resuming in peak form.

Philip Hobbs, trainer of Golden Doyen, Fingal Bay and For Good Measure: "Golden Doyen will enjoy the ground, he won his qualifier back in October and stays well

also is the pick of many publications for what its worth lol

A few that might be worth an interest for those who like to bet on most of the races at Cheltenham.

1 30 TOP NOTCH,2 50 UXIZANDRE,3 30 JEZSKI,4 50 AIRLIE BEACH, 5 30 WHATS HAPPENING.

here is my list of hopeful Cheltenham placers and winners

and remember sky and betway doing money back on first and last race

top notch\flying angel
    Impulsive Star\zimmer pick\for good measure (sky 6 places)
    Sub Lieutenant
    Cole Harden
    Thomas Crapper
    Verdana Blue
    Southfield Royale

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Picked Presenting Percy in buster at work and being so busy forgot to back him. ****ing raging now! Would've brought me back up to evens for the week. Need Un de Sceaux and UNWIMH now.

hefferboi wrote: »
    Any opinions on LIL ROCKERFELLER 33/1 in the the Stayers? Had a bad run here in January on soft but will love the ground today. Was second to UKWIMH at ascot in December on better ground over 3m and I reckon he has an ew chance at least at those odds.

Great run from him but Ruby is on song today. Still got the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

Doctor harper in finale, Ms Lisa ONeill an interesting booking for David Pipe 25-1

• Advertisement

Aurora1966 wrote: »
    Doctor harper in finale, Ms Lisa ONeill an interesting booking for David Pipe 25-1

Went to put a €5 e/w on it and was looking at another hero. ended up selecting another hero by mistake, thought I deleted that selection and not only that but hit €50 e/w..

And that my friends is the result of working a 14hr night shift... Raging.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement