Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Dollseyes wrote: »
    Went to put a €5 e/w on it and was looking at another hero. ended up selecting another hero by mistake, thought I deleted that selection and not only that but hit €50 e/w..

And that my friends is the result of working a 14hr night shift... Raging.

you cant cash out? or get onto them and ask to cancel, they sometimes do as a one off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭bladespin

Commitment!

Went to put a €5 e/w on it and was looking at another hero. ended up selecting another hero by mistake, thought I deleted that selection and not only that but hit €50 e/w..

And that my friends is the result of working a 14hr night shift... Raging.

its not a bad horse actually

Solid efforts in defeat the last twice, at Ascot (3m, good to soft) and Doncaster (3m, good), and could be more to come from this fairly lightly raced 8yo on just his seventh chase start for rider who has made promising start to riding career; sound each-way claims in first-time tongue-tie.

Jonjo O'Neill, trainer: "I am hopeful he has a good each way chance in a race that looks very open. My son Jonjo is on board and the horse should give him a nice ride as he jumps well and seems in good order at home."

but we prefer the other JP McManus-owned runner ANOTHER HERO. Jonjo O’Neill Junior takes the reins on his father’s gelding, who has run well in tough handicaps at Ascot and Doncaster since a pipe-opener behind Potters Cross at Chepstow in October. Katie Walsh’s mount Mall Dini won the Pertemps Final on this day 12 months ago but this is a tough race in which to shed his maiden tag over fences, though he has been knocking on the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dollseyes

you cant cash out? or get onto them and ask to cancel, they sometimes do as a one off

Cash out option is laughable!! Someone in paddy power is having a right laugh at me.

Teach me a lesson to go to bed in future! Lol

Cash out option is laughable!! Someone in paddy power is having a right laugh at me.

Teach me a lesson to go to bed in future! Lol

good luck hun,

• Advertisement

good luck hun,

I'm male, but thanks babe!!!

I'm male, but thanks babe!!!

lol, its dollseyes bit , sorry fella!

lol, its dollseyes bit , sorry fella!

Nickname i was given because of my dark eyes and feminine eyelashes.

Day off tomorrow. Will be eager to win back my stupidity tomorrow.

here is my list of hopeful Cheltenham placers and winners

and remember sky and betway doing money back on first and last race

top notch\flying angel
    Impulsive Star\zimmer pick\for good measure (sky 6 places)
    Sub Lieutenant
    Cole Harden
    Thomas Crapper
    Verdana Blue
    Southfield Royale

not a great day, got my money back as a free bet on top notch and e/w money on sub lieutenant, cole harden, Thomas crapper and southfield royale, but no winner, try again tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Today should see Djakadam finally win a gold cup I think even at todays price he represents value,for ew players PP are 4 places in the shops.

Coo Star Sivola 4 50 I have already put up a few days ago in the Martin Pipe handicap and I believe this one will run very well.

Another I fancied and backed weeks ago is NORTHILL HARVEY in the county hurdle who has been trained for this.I have backed these 3 in ew singles and have them in the placepot with a host of others in perms.

• Advertisement

Today should see Djakadam finally win a gold cup I think even at todays price he represents value,for ew players PP are 4 places in the shops.

Coo Star Sivola 4 50 I have already put up a few days ago in the Martin Pipe handicap and I believe this one will run very well.

Another I fancied and backed weeks ago is NORTHILL HARVEY in the county hurdle who has been trained for this.I have backed these 3 in ew singles and have them in the placepot with a host of others in perms.

I too will be cheering on Djakadam as I have been sitting on a e/w lucky 15 with just him to go at 12-1 since November!
    The other ones being Native River WON 12-1, Almandin WON 12-1, Traffic Fluide LOST 33-1 (most stop following this one over a cliff!)

I also like Northill Harvey for a place at least
    Dan Skelton, trainer: "I am very happy with North Hill Harvey who has been going for the race since winning the Greatwood. The ground will be fine for him and we know he is effective round the track."

Ninth in last year´s Supreme at this meeting, a race which has thrown up three winners here this week; has won both other starts at this track, including the Greatwood (soft) when last seen in November; stable won this race last season with a horse who had a similar preparation; point winner on good ground; respected.

Cheltenham hopers and placers

Dinaria Des Obeaux - gets the mares allowance today and Cooper booked in who is 50% on this raced here last year coming in the top 4 Cooper has had a good festival so far, a couple of wins and places 22/1 E/W

Renneti - Walsh and Mullins showed they meant business yesterday and could very well get it with this one his never failed to place on this horse drops in trip will suit and can run a big race was 2nd to Jezki in Nov 14/1 E/W

Coo Star Sivola came 3rd in the Fred last year only beaten a very short distance unda a length Lizzie Kelly booked in looks a good bet for me today this one 12/1 E/W

Pairofbrowneyes, love this horse and keep following it over a cliff. just keeps knocking on that door and just keeps getting beat lol. always 2nd! Hoping today it can grab that win, this is a very good horse and another win for the Irish here well overpriced for his form 22/1 E/W

Mega Fortune 10/1, Song Light 25/1, Constantine Bay 20/1, Bristol De Mai 33/1, Salsify 40/1. Lac Fontana 18/1. Solar Impulse 40/1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

SALSIFY@!??

SALSIFY@!??

yep, chancer for a place, has winning form, won at fairyhouse 20th Feb.
    Of course he's a gamble but theres the fun and challenge, likes the course and the going, and has won this twice.
    The thing with big price horses and we have seen plenty of surprises this week already is that you dont have to bet much to make a nice profit, i usually bung these in a small €4.50 e/w lucky and youd be surprised how you only need 1 to win or place and make a profit

"The winner appeared to be on the wane this time last year but he has come back strongly and put up a good performance.

SALSIFY won this well and a bit differently than he normally does. He´s normally dropped in off the pace but that didn´t prove possible here and so keenly was he travelling that his rider let him go to the front at about halfway. He showed he can do it from the front as well as he jumped extravagantly but was always travelling within himself and when he extended from the second-last it was plain sailing. It is a race against time now to qualify for Cheltenham, a crazy state of affairs as it is, and he shouldn´t be underestimated if he gets there."

came second to the fave Marasonnien here
    MARASONNIEN was a former Grade 1-winning novice hurdler, and is one that could do very well in this discipline. He galloped strongly and jumped superbly for Katie Walsh, and he wasn´t going to be denied in the straight. She kept a bit up her sleeve and when she asked him, the favourite just wasn´t going to make an impression. It was a very good trial for the Aintree Foxhunters if that is the plan.

Salsify had every chance but this ground was against him. He was dropped in off the pace, did seem to make up his ground without undue effort, but when asked for a bit extra he just couldn´t pick up. There are enough good hunter chases left on potentially good ground for to make it a successful season yet.

Made my money back today so far for my stupid mistake yesterday.

Now if Coo Star Sivola and/or Castillo sforza come in I'll be laughing all the way to the bookies and the pub straight after.:.

I'll take that, thank you very much PP..

Who's for a few pints? Ist Guinness is on me.

Slainte..

Got a bit lucky in that 2 of my 3 selections finished 4th and I got the places,was on Coo Star Sivola for ages at 16s and glad that Lizzie kept him going and fortunate that the bad jump by Djakadam did not prevent him getting 4th.So happy enough to escape with a bit of profit today.

Different sort of racing tomorrow now that Cheltenham is over and we revert to some run-of- the- mill stuff. The best of tomorrows racing seems to be the Midlands Grand National at 3 35 in Uttoxeter.

I think I backed the winner of this race last year when Firebird Flyer won for Evan Williams at a very good price.
    4 miles and one furlong is a good slog around Uttoxeter and a horse must posess real stamina to be in with a shout.Firebird Flyer runs off the same mark again (138) and if he was in the same kind of form as last year he would have a good chance.However his jumping is letting him down and I could not back him for a repeat.

I am backing GONALSTON CLOUD who has really blossomed since going over marathon distances which is not surprising as he is out of a Roselier mare and Roseliers are renowned for their ability to stay very well and act on soft ground.
    2nd in his last two races over 4 miles 1 furlong and staying on over 3 miles 6 furlongs and before that winning over 3 miles 3 and a half furlongs.
    Gonalston Cloud has gone up a bit in the weights but could be still well handicapped over this trip and freely available at 16/1 and higher in places is worth a decent ew bet.

It is a pity that his regular jockey,Adam Wedge is required to ride Firebird Flyer but Henry Brooke is a good substitute and I am confident of a very good run granted reasonable luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I like the look of Mad Brian in the 3:35 at Uttoxeter

I'm going with Goulanes for that race today and will throw a bit on Zimmers one too.

• Advertisement

Tony Martin sends his good flat and hurdles horse GOLDEN SPEAR to Kempton for the 2 40.

Avoiding Chel and going for this race could be a good move.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Coillte Cailin 16-1 ew in the 18.45

I really like this. Has run consistent of late and it's a good ew value bet imho

16-1 ew

No joy today,one plodded around in his own time and the other pulled up.

Coillte Cailin in the 6 45 at WOL is overpriced at 16/1 and if at her best would have a chance so I backed it ew.
    In the 8 15 I like the chance of First Experience,likes this C D and is better off at the weights with Pacolita despite finishing in front of that horse and 7 furlongs round WOL suits and I backed it ew.

TWISSES HILL had the race won lto before falling at the last,is doing his best again in a tougher contest but will love the ground.
    MICK THE JIVER 4 20 Navan should win today is in great form.
    ADMIRAL BRIAN 3 10 Navan has come into form and has an ew chance.
    CALCULATED RISK 3 35 F LAS is an ew bet today and has a decent chance.

I have bits and pieces of info about these horses but I am not sure it is strong enough for the tips thread.I am at the races and talking to a few ppl normally sound enough so make what you will of the info.

15:50 Taunton - Hint of Mint

He is just too hard for me to pass up on when you think runs his best here and comes 4 wins out 5 and it is his stomping ground this boy going run everything is set up for him, up in the weights but won well for me before

I will be doing a strong bet on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

One bet for me today.

Busy Street 6/5.

This one ran a week ago after a long absence coming 2nd. With the booking of Fanning I can't see this being beaten and its a max bet for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

oops , I thought this was nailed on also :(

Marco Botti has the top weight FLORENCIO in the 7 45 at Kem ,this one has not had too much racing on the aw and could improve again and win tonight.

I will be going e/w on ROMAN DE BRUT 20-1 Wolves 5pm

Three course wins to his name and last foray into Class 6 company was a successful one; still 3lb higher than for last win but that was also when partnered by Toby Eley and he´s no forlorn hope.

ATR Speed Ratings pick

"ROMAN DE BRUT (nap) looks worthy of nap status in this 13-runner handicap, as he posted a premier LTO speed rating of 70 when finishing just out of the money at this venue latest, and was a winner over this track and trip in November of last year.

Top on the master speed list with a figure of 77, and down a notch in class this afternoon, the gelding is hard to ignore with all of the major angles covered.

A 14-1 shot with Paddy Power at the time of writing, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes off a fair bit shorter come post time.

Wolverhampton 5-00 Handicap (Class 6) 8.5f"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I will be going e/w on ROMAN DE BRUT 20-1 Wolves 5pm

Three course wins to his name and last foray into Class 6 company was a successful one; still 3lb higher than for last win but that was also when partnered by Toby Eley and he´s no forlorn hope.

ATR Speed Ratings pick

"ROMAN DE BRUT (nap) looks worthy of nap status in this 13-runner handicap, as he posted a premier LTO speed rating of 70 when finishing just out of the money at this venue latest, and was a winner over this track and trip in November of last year.

Top on the master speed list with a figure of 77, and down a notch in class this afternoon, the gelding is hard to ignore with all of the major angles covered.

A 14-1 shot with Paddy Power at the time of writing, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes off a fair bit shorter come post time.

Wolverhampton 5-00 Handicap (Class 6) 8.5f"

Down to 10/1 on PP by the time I got it, bad luck for me, but a good sign too I suppose

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement