Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

A 14-1 shot with Paddy Power at the time of writing, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes off a fair bit shorter come post time.

Good call on that Sarge, took him in PP paid 4 places, decent ew bet on your advice, few bob up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Aurora1966 wrote: »
    Good call on that Sarge, took him in PP paid 4 places, decent ew bet on your advice, few bob up

I did it with bet365, how could I find out how many places they were paying?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

gutted actually, really expected that to win, plus I dithered over an e/w on 33-1 hard to handel.

also forgot to back athletic, another speed rating pick! DUH

but glad you got some money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I bet online with PP and they didn't pay out

Edit: EW bet

Seanachai wrote:
    I bet online with PP and they didn't pay out

Paid 4 places in Shop for the race

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

The rain in Meydan has given a bit of a squeak to Mondialiste in the very valuable 3 30 today.
    No stranger to success abroad he is better with a little cut in the ground and at 20s he is worth a an ew bet today with regular pilot Danny Tudhope on board.

MARY ELEANOR can win the 5.10 at Bangor, mares bumper, Slippers Madden is an interesting booking. Third in both starts in arguably better races, R Johnson and T Scudamore both rode her first couple of races suggest she is decent and capable of winning one of these and today could be her day.

Aurora1966 wrote:
    MARY ELEANOR can win the 5.10 at Bangor, mares bumper, Slippers Madden is an interesting booking. Third in both starts in arguably better races, R Johnson and T Scudamore both rode her first couple of races suggest she is decent and capable of winning one of these and today could be her day.

Drifted in the market, her future lies in low grade handicaps but dont be suprised to see her pop up at a big price, ran well for a long way then emptied quicker than a garden hose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

House Limit in the 4.20, DPT, superb course record. 5/1 though I see theres only 2 places now, damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,418 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

There's 3 places in the place market.
    And the 2 places only place market has better odds than 1/4 of the current price

• Advertisement

Great Minds in the first at Cork,will go off fav so should be backed before his price contracts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I going to have a punt on my name is rio in the 3.20 in doncaster came 4th in this race last year off the same odd and 33/1 ew seems good to me in a race paying 4 places

Great Minds in the first at Cork,will go off fav so should be backed before his price contracts

Word is the horse might need the run at least that is what I am hearing and the connections feel Balcony in the the 4 55 is their best chance today as well as Son of Rest in the 2 35 who is considered a "good thing".

I have Great Minds backed ew so I hope he is fit enough as he will be doing his best.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I like Master Speaker in 2.05
    14-1
    goes well fresh and places a lot.

I like value at ew 14-1 PP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

racso1975 wrote: »
    I going to have a punt on my name is rio in the 3.20 in doncaster ... paying 4 places

Always worth shopping around when possible, the folks at Sky have this their featured ExtraPlace(s) race for the day @41 with 6places.
    Powers also have (one) extra place with 5pl.

Went with Muntadab @13 6pl last night, along with the 8pl in next weeks stick ball etc.

My Name is Rio 25-1 BoyleSports 3.20

I really like this for a place
    4 places.
    40-1 Bet Victor.

Ew

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Always worth shopping around when possible, the folks at Sky have this their featured ExtraPlace(s) race for the day @41 with 6places.
    Powers also have (one) extra place with 5pl.

Went with Muntadab @13 6pl last night, along with the 8pl in next weeks stick ball etc.
    Powers must be in shops as thought it was 4 online

racso1975 wrote: »
    Powers must be in shops as thought it was 4 online

Usually short-windows for Extra, from mid-morning PP 5pl, from very late last night Sky 6pl (both online).

1st Wentworth Falls 33/1
    2nd Muntadab (IRE) 13/2 j2
    3rd Ninjago 16/1
    4th Naggers (IRE) 20/1
    5th Golden Amber @17
    6th Northgate Lad @50

Chancery is well handicapped in the 4 30 Doncaster and appears to be fancied and if that is the case he will take all the beating and could run up a sequence.

Bainne 12-1
    Best not Argue 28-1 ew

4.55 Cork

4 places here.
    I'm going for these two

• Advertisement

I like
    Save the Bees in 4.30

25-1 ew
    Consistent horse over this trip.

Bainne 12-1
    Best not Argue 28-1 ew

4.55 Cork

4 places here.
    I'm going for these two

5pl with sky, another extra place race (but 1/5).
    I.S. sticks out as possible value is was @26. But Elm Grove is going short.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Word is the horse might need the run at least that is what I am hearing and the connections feel Balcony in the the 4 55 is their best chance today as well as Son of Rest in the 2 35 who is considered a "good thing".

I have Great Minds backed ew so I hope he is fit enough as he will be doing his best.

Zimmer, the drift told it all, then has two winners in between....only a blip..

Last year Onenightidreamed finished 7th in the irish Lincoln btn about 10 lengths on his first run of the year.He then came out and won a 7 furlong group 3 at the Curragh running on strongly in the final furlong.

This year Onenightidreamed finished 8th btn 7 and a half lengths on his first run of year in the irish Lincoln when apprentice ridden and reappears in a listed race over a mile at Leopardstown in the 5 oc tomorrow.

Better suited to a mile Fozzy Stack would seem to have plotted a similar course for the horse this year and with Chris Hayes on board looks a decent bet and I have backed it ew at 4s.
    Well suited by heavy ground any more rain will be in his favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Zimmer, did you back Bravery on Saturday? Was a nice one for O Meara. Would you know has he got many more ex O Brien's in the yard?

razorhead wrote: »
    Zimmer, did you back Bravery on Saturday? Was a nice one for O Meara. Would you know has he got many more ex O Brien's in the yard?

Was out of the country but got the pics of the champagne drinking happy group at the course sent to my phone.

I got some money on for me at the track but only got 16/1 for small enough money as I was preoccupied with travel arrangements,reading the irish independent on board I saw that one of the racing feature writers tip the horse.
    I am not aware of any other OBrien cast offs in the yard but I have not asked about it,i will know a bit more in 4 or 5 days time.

Was told that DHALAM is strongly fancied in the 6 45 at Kem this evening,backed it at 6/4 despite the fact that it has not run before.

Has been heavily backed and is in danger of going off fav which will not be good news for me as the original fav was odds on when I backed DHALAM and I went went to a bit of trouble to spread my bets in a few Ladbroke shops as they are money back as a free bet if 2nd to the fav usual conditions apply.

Madam McPhee 20-1 5.30

Should run an honest race here. This will it's 4th run and has benefit of a run this year.

With 4 places I like it for a little
    ew at 20-1

Dark Alliance 10-1 6.00

I like this ew too

4 places

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Spryte in the First at Southwell , some money coming for it too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement