Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Spryte in the First at Southwell , some money coming for it too

That was a particularly awful effort

Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

The Unit at 2 20 Aintree is available at 12/1 or better and might be still improving so I am backing this one ew.

The 4 40 Aintree looks between two who ran at Cheltenham last time out.
    The Worlds End fell when in contention and Constantine Bay was badly hampered before getting going again to finish 4th.

I find it difficult to split these and I may wind up backing Constantine Bay ew and The Worlds End to win and a reverse f cast on the two.Lads will probably be money back if 2nd to the fav.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

for what its worth, these are my aintree chancers today, playing for place money as much as a win, really low stakes, just for fun really

1:40 sonofaking\sky khan as most paying 6 places,
    2:20 mount mews,
    2:50 Calett Mad,
    3:25 Uxizandre\Traffic Fluide ,
    4:05 seefood/Gowanauthat (most paying 6 places)
    4:40 Keeper Hill,
    5:15 Clondaw Castle (4 places)

SIRICI does not have the best draw in the 5 55 Dun but ran well from a high draw last time and with the riders claim and the fillies allowance it will take a good one to stop her tonight and a serious enough bet is recommended with the stable going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dollseyes

The Unit at 2 20 Aintree is available at 12/1 or better and might be still improving so I am backing this one ew.

The 4 40 Aintree looks between two who ran at Cheltenham last time out.
    The Worlds End fell when in contention and Constantine Bay was badly hampered before getting going again to finish 4th.

I find it difficult to split these and I may wind up backing Constantine Bay ew and The Worlds End to win and a reverse f cast on the two.Lads will probably be money back if 2nd to the fav.

Cheers Zimmer.. Brilliant tips!

• Advertisement

SIRICI does not have the best draw in the 5 55 Dun but ran well from a high draw last time and with the riders claim and the fillies allowance it will take a good one to stop her tonight and a serious enough bet is recommended with the stable going well.

Nice sp as a result of two heavily backed runners in the race.

Aussie Valentine ran a blinder in the irish Lincoln last time running on to finish 2nd with some very good horses behind,only up a pound and can win the 5 05 at Leop.

Gino Severini won well for in-form Stack stable last time and though raised 7 lbs can win the 3 25 at leop.

The "National" is always popular and my 4 against the field are Vieux Lion Rouge 12/1,More of That 14/1 both fancied and laid out for the race. Two big price stayers with chances are Raz de Maree 33/1 an out and out stayer and Houblon des Obaux 50/1 who will be staying on when others have run out of steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Aintree today

1:45 - Whataknight e/w
    2.25 - Bel Ami Di Sivola e/w
    3.40 - Emerging Force win
    6:15 - John Constable and Curious Carlos win on both

Grand National - Blaklion win, Ucello Conti, Vicente, Saint Are e/w

€1 e/w accumulator just for fun on Briery Queen, Finians Oscar, Politologue, Emerging Force, Ballyoptic, One for Arthur and So Celebre. Pays a grand if they all place (or a million for all wins !!)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dollseyes

Have a nice bet on two horses today.

Pleasant Company
    Rogue Angel

Take the Helm has run very well in his last 3 races and is a cd winner at Lingfield,has gone up very little in the weights and can win the 4 15 at the track today.

• Advertisement

Need Ardimir to be placed in the 7 50 at Wol tonight to collect the place side of a lucky 15 with the 3 horses I posted today (1 winner -2 placed)

I thought Ardimir would have won before now and while he is closely matched with Midtech Star on recent form,i felt he would be placed at least but now due to the withdrawl of a couple of no-hopers there are only 7 runners and if he does not manage to finish in the first 2 it will cost me a good few quid so I am hoping he is placed at least.

Need Ardimir to be placed in the 7 50 at Wol tonight to collect the place side of a lucky 15 with the 3 horses I posted today (1 winner -2 placed)

I thought Ardimir would have won before now and while he is closely matched with Midtech Star on recent form,i felt he would be placed at least but now due to the withdrawl of a couple of no-hopers there are only 7 runners and if he does not manage to finish in the first 2 it will cost me a good few quid so I am hoping he is placed at least.

Ardamir gets into all kinds of trouble in a 5 horse 1 and 3/4 mile race gets beaten a head and a nose! would have made a reasonable day very good and the galling thing is the bloody horse should have won very easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Ardamir also let me down

apk568.png

I backed ONENIGHTIDREAMED in the 5 45 at Tipp tomorrow,a very decent horse from the in-form Stack stable on soft or heavy ground can be backed at 5/4 PP and unless the the ground firms up very quickly (soft to heavy at the moment) the horse looks a "good thing" to continue Stacks very good run.

The stable can also win the 6 45 with Tessonna ridden by a useful 7 lb claimer K Hennessy.

All You goes in the 2 10 at Pon today and is worth a few quid ew.Trained by David OMeara the horse would appear to have little hidden from the handicapper following a reasonable time on the AW,now back on turf and fitness assured this could be the time to catch him in a competitive enough handicap.

I have a feeling that OMearas string are about to strike and he is going to bang in a good few winners in the coming weeks and at 8/1 All You might be a bit of value ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Jabbaar 5.10 Pontefract might be in the shake up

I backed ONENIGHTIDREAMED in the 5 45 at Tipp tomorrow,a very decent horse from the in-form Stack stable on soft or heavy ground can be backed at 5/4 PP and unless the the ground firms up very quickly (soft to heavy at the moment) the horse looks a "good thing" to continue Stacks very good run.

The stable can also win the 6 45 with Tessonna ridden by a useful 7 lb claimer K Hennessy.

The rule 4 means I got15/16 for my money beating the sp and giving me a nice return.

Wishing Time is a Frankel filly who was never fancied as a 2 year old and went off at 16/1 in her last outing,she could be a different proposition this year going handicapping and could be good enough to win the 2 oc at Catterick.

One that catches my eye is SATISH in the 2 30.

This is the kind of cast off OMeara excels with,four times 2nd fav and once fav when trained last year by John Gosden the horse failed to win a race despite starting at 3/1 or less on each occasion he ran.
    A big horse, considered a bit quirky he is worth a bet in the 2 30 at Catt at around 7/1 on the basis that a change of scenery and the ability of OMeara to improve horses from other stables is well known.

The stables COQUINE has plenty of weight in the 4 30 and might be worth a little ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Wishing Time is a Frankel filly who was never fancied as a 2 year old and went off at 16/1 in her last outing,she could be a different proposition this year going handicapping and could be good enough to win the 2 oc at Catterick.

One that catches my eye is SATISH in the 2 30.

This is the kind of cast off OMeara excels with,four times 2nd fav and once fav when trained last year by John Gosden the horse failed to win a race despite starting at 3/1 or less on each occasion he ran.
    A big horse, considered a bit quirky he is worth a bet in the 2 30 at Catt at around 7/1 on the basis that a change of scenery and the ability of OMeara to improve horses from other stables is well known.

The stables COQUINE has plenty of weight in the 4 30 and might be worth a little ew.

Wishing time does well and drifts from 11/4 to 4/1 just before the off, cheers Zimmer!

Not a lot for me today but going to back a few in the AW finals at Ling tomorrow.

Shops wont be open so those without accounts should get on today.

Natural scenery improved for the step up to 2 miles and is around 4/1 for the 2 10.

Muffri'ha has been running well in top class races in Meydan and should win the 2 40.

Ennaadd 3 40 has not run for a while but has been trained for this by Roger Varian,should win.

Second Thought has lots of speed and should be too good again for Sutter County in the 4 10.

Convey can win the 4 40 but I am having a saver on Grendisar who comes late and can be dangerous.

• Advertisement

Good racing at Newcastle tomorrow and Danny Tudhope (could have gone to Lingfield) could be the jockey to follow.Has rides in the first 6 races,four for his stable, D OMeara and one fancied one in the first Kheleyf's Girl and one in the 3 55 for S Suroor.

One that interests me however is Mon Beau Visage in the 2 55,the horse has not run for about 5 months and may well need the race but if Tudhope does not put up overweight he will be worth backing.
    He rode at 8-11 once in the last year and never rides at less than 9-0 so if he does the weight the horse will be fancied and if he puts up a few lbs overweight I will not back him.

Whatever the case he should not come away emptyhanded.

13:40 - Lingfield - BARAWEEZ - 12/1

14:10 - Lingfield - PETITE JACK - 9/1

15:40 - Lingfield - SOVEREIGN DEBT - 6/1

15:25 - Newcastle - MISTIROC - 25/1

weird one of the day 4.10 Lingfield Arzaak 80/1 with SDS onboard
    (He has won on a 100-1 before!)

small price double Sofia's Rock Bath 3:30pm and Lancelot Du Lac 3:10 Lingfield

Natural Scenery,the one I fancy in the 2 10 at Ling is drifting to an ew price around 11/2 now and worth backing and my old friend Grendisar is now 10/1 and with a new pilot on board I can't resist an ew bet in the last at Ling.

13:40 - Lingfield - BARAWEEZ - 12/1 LOST

14:10 - Lingfield - PETITE JACK - 9/1 LOST

15:40 - Lingfield - SOVEREIGN DEBT - 6/1 WON at 8-1

15:25 - Newcastle - MISTIROC - 25/1 Placed

not too bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

2:10 - Ayr - BURBANK - 5/6

4:20 - Ayr - NOMOREBLACKJACK - 6/4

Throwing a few quid on double with these two tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

2.45 Ayr - Lami Serge, I report stacks of cash for this yesterday, so much so the Powers shop staff were told to lay off any bets over 200 euro to Boyles at 8-1, (there were many from the right people) Powers have him at 6s. 3rd in the county hurdle at the Cheltenham festival represents decent form, this is a much flatter track and the Henderson horses are flying, he could go off fav!

4.15 Newbury - Call to Mind
    I also report large sums for this newcomer son of Galileo was 3-1 yesterday eve. Holds Group engagements down the line. Could be the Queens plot for the year. According to a source Kieran Fallon who is back riding out for Haggas said that he is very smart and will win his maiden today. Ryan Moore will do the steering and if reports are correct a steering job is all that it will be.

4.45 Newbury - Musical Terms
    This newcomer out of Shamardal could be decent also. Another one for the Haggas/ Queen connection, Ryan Moore booked, will have to go some to beat the Gosden horse but at the odds I'm happy to take a chance on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I like Volta Do Mar 33-1 in 2.45
    and Dewpoint in same 25-1

Have ew on both

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Peticoatgovernment 10-1 4.55

I like this off this weight. Good draw too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Peticoatgovernment 10-1 4.55

I like this off this weight. Good draw too

where is he running