Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Dawn Of A New Era in 5.10

The drop in trip will suit it.
    Ran in 3 quality maidens last year.
    This should be an easier task over 7f

6-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Dragon Fei 3.05 Gowran

I like this ew at 22-1 .Dropping down in ratings and should compete here
    4 places to I took a chance ew

22-1

Didn't get on others but got this.
    Nice one.

Settle For Red 7.55
    16-1 4 places here

Dropping down ratings was 70 this time last year, runs off 60 here on bottom weight.
    It ran second to Khabaray 3 races back at Dundalk ,Khabaray one of the fancied ones here.
    I think with 4 places, bottom weight and a good draw it can at least place.

16-1 ew

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just a fancy and 22 runs since last win!
    Two For Two goes in the 15:30 Ripon
    2 runs back was only beaten 1.5 lengths by Gurka Friend over C&D, when it was eight with a furlong to go 7 lengths behind the winner. Made up great ground to finish second.

4 lb turnaround and seven pound claimer( which could be a negative) should see it get closerif kept closer to the pace.
    Backed it on betfair at 12/1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Settle For Red 7.55
    16-1 4 places here

Dropping down ratings was 70 this time last year, runs off 60 here on bottom weight.
    It ran second to Khabaray 3 races back at Dundalk ,Khabaray one of the fancied ones here.

16-1 ew
    Well done Toby .. great pick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

CH3OH wrote: »
    Settle For Red 7.55
    16-1 4 places here

16-1 ew
    Well done Toby .. great pick
    Great shout. If only I did it in the bookies and not on line. A winner is a winner tho.

It was a good victory after blowing the start.

Dead heat.
    Crap

That was a real kick in the teeth.
    1/2 winnings only.

Arthur McBride 10-1 pp

Dropped into a grade 4 here. Has faced some tough groups of horse of late, this
    will be a easy field to contend with

lil ew 10-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

That was a real kick in the teeth.
    1/2 winnings only.

Half a loaf is better than no loaf at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Pettochside is a very good bet to win the 3 05 at Goodwood,has run all his best races at this track and won 3 times here.

Those wins were over 6 furlongs and many will say 5 furlongs may be a bit short for him,but there are a few who like to make the pace in the field and there should be a good gallop. Pettsochside can go from the front or sit in behind and I expect him to be flying at the finish.

At 9/2 the horse represents real value as his best runs have come when the going is described as soft or good to soft and I expect a very good run.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭bladespin

Maverick Vinales 14/1 and Rossi at 12s in the Catalan Motogp, complete mess in qualifying and stuck on the wrong end of the grid but this guy's fast, world championship fast think this is probably the best odds ever on a motorsport event, ew on both.

Camellia Japonica 2,45

I like this one here. 14-1 4 places
    PP

LITTLE EW

bLUEsbreaker 25-1 3.30

Two time winner over this distance last year.
    I think of bottom weight it has a great ew chance

25-1 ew

Brokopondo 20-1 5.00

Drop back to 1M2F should suit. Has some winning for against favourite here.
    Beat him at Dundalk recently

I like it ew at 20-1

Aussie Bound 25-1 6.20

I fancy this one. Trainer in form and horse should improve for it's one run this year.
    I feel there is scope to vastly improve here.

25-1 ew

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

richard guest on New Road side 9:10 ponty, 6-1

It is the short trip down to Pontefract this evening with one runner, New Road Side in the 9.10 a 5f 56-75 handicap. She is ridden by Clifford Lee (5) and she is drawn in stall 5 of the now 14 runner field. The going is quite surprisingly Good, good to Firm in places despite plenty of rain in the area over the weekend and the track being watered, so we expect the track should be riding nicely tonight. New Road Side is dropping back to the 5f trip tonight which should suit her and she is down slightly in class of race and has a decent draw in stall 5 and the visor returns tonight. Her run last week at Haydock suggested that she just struggled to see out the 6f trip in soft ground as she was travelling well until fading in the final furlong. New Road Side does seem in good form in her work at home and she has come out of last week’s race very well. Clifford Lee will know a little more about her today and he is an apprentice in red hot form at the moment as is making an early challenge for the apprentice jockeys title, and he is certainly good value for his 5lb claim at the moment. Tonight’s race is probably slightly lesser completion than New Road Side has been facing recently and she is the top weight in the race which is never easy to carry, but with Clifford claim it brings her weight down to a more manageable 9st4lb on her back. Looking at the field a number of the runners look to have not been in their best form recently, whilst many of those that have been running well have been doing so in lower grades or on the all-weather. Looking at it overall we are optimistic that New Road Side can put in a big performance tonight as there are a number of factors that should hopefully be in her favour today.

Clever Lady 33-1
    I like this , on bottom weight. Ran a decent ran last time coming 5 over 5f. Trainer has
    good record on this track. This is horses 5th run and it can improve again to go close
    I hope.
    gone little ew at 33-1 PP

Blocked badly twice, ran up the back of one.
    Would have competed for victory but for that.

• Advertisement

Lots of racing sat and my best bet runs in the 1 50 at York,a handicap race for lady amateurs would not normally tempt me to have a decent ew bet but CHANCERY looks great value and the fact that he is not mentioned by the tipsters might mean he goes off even bigger.

Two runs ago he gave 7 lbs to Theydon Grey and beaten a neck he was closing the winner down all the way to the line.Theydon Grey came out and won a class3 at York today to frank the form.

Lisa ONeill comes over from Ireland to ride the fav Charismatic Man but I believe longer distances suit this one. Though he did win over cd he lacks the strong form of Chancery over a mile 4.

Chancery is ridden by an unknown rider called Carly Scott who has only had two rides in public but has a lot of experience in the yard and is an accomplished rider.

Tapis Libre and Master Paver finished 2nd and 3rd in this last year and both are dangers,particularly Master Paver.

It is always risky having a decent bet in these contests but at 8/1 Chancery must be backed ew.

The WAGON Wheel 16-1 PP
    Should improve for its two runs this year, wasn't up to speed just yet. I think off bottom weight of only 8st and drawn two gives it a great chance here. Ran 2.5 lengths off todays favourite two races back, I just think off of 8st he can improve on that and compete for one of 4 places.

Little ew 16-1 PP

Loses by neck, crap.
    Really thought it would have won that. Winner always had it though.

Lots of racing sat and my best bet runs in the 1 50 at York,a handicap race for lady amateurs would not normally tempt me to have a decent ew bet but CHANCERY looks great value and the fact that he is not mentioned by the tipsters might mean he goes off even bigger.

Two runs ago he gave 7 lbs to Theydon Grey and beaten a neck he was closing the winner down all the way to the line.Theydon Grey came out and won a class3 at York today to frank the form.

Lisa ONeill comes over from Ireland to ride the fav Charismatic Man but I believe longer distances suit this one. Though he did win over cd he lacks the strong form of Chancery over a mile 4.

Chancery is ridden by an unknown rider called Carly Scott who has only had two rides in public but has a lot of experience in the yard and is an accomplished rider.

Tapis Libre and Master Paver finished 2nd and 3rd in this last year and both are dangers,particularly Master Paver.

It is always risky having a decent bet in these contests but at 8/1 Chancery must be backed ew.
    I read the race ok,Tapis Libre wins-Masterpaver beaten a nose for 3rd but my €50 ew bet never had a chance as Chancery was held up out the back and only ran on when the race was almost over.

Chancery is so well handicapped connections must have a decent race in mind for him and I will probably have to follow him to the edge of the cliff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I like the look of MODERN APPROACH in the 9.00 in Limerick. Lightly raced but has pulled it out of the bag thus far.

Two for fun ,Flan Costelloe trains a few horses outside Hospital county Limerick,he loves the racing game and puts a lot more in than he gets out.

He had his first winner in almost two years when Hard Times got up on the line two weeks ago.
    He runs again tomorrow in Cork with 7 lb claimer Karen Kenny again on board. The extra 150 yards will help and at 20s is worth a few quid ew.

The yard run another one,Loughderg Princess who seems to be improving and is worth a very small bet at 40s.They go in the 4 20 and 4 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Two for fun ,Flan Costelloe trains a few horses outside Hospital county Limerick,he loves the racing game and puts a lot more in than he gets out.

He had his first winner in almost two years when Hard Times got up on the line two weeks ago.
    He runs again tomorrow in Cork with 7 lb claimer Karen Kenny again on board. The extra 150 yards will help and at 20s is worth a few quid ew.

The yard run another one,Loughderg Princess who seems to be improving and is worth a very small bet at 40s.They go in the 4 20 and 4 50.

He needs to spend all those fivers somehow!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,648 ✭✭✭✭Raffingora

Surely Andrew Balding will be looking to win the 4.15 Salisbury (the course at which Mill Reef made his debut), which he won last year and which is run in memory of his beloved Uncle Toby? Luna Eclipse @ 100/30.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Got word for 2 horses today. Both tips come from the yards.

William B 3.05 DownPatrick 6/4. Was told he won't be beat.

Covetous 17.20 Cork 8/1. Has a very good chance.

• Advertisement

Art Nouvelle 14-1 2.20

Tried over 5f for first time.This should suit, it has speed this horse once it
    gets clear ground ahead of it, not a big field here so traffic should not be a problem.

14-1 ew

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement