Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Pixeleen 66-1 3.45

Loves this 6f trip especially on this ground. Very consistent over this trip last summer, hitting. It has hit post 10 times and won 3, could easily have won many more with some luck. Conditions for it here are ideal
    Have to have a little ew at 66-6

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Pixeleen 66-1 3.45

Loves this 6f trip especially on this ground. Very consistent over this trip last summer, hitting. It has hit post 10 times and won 3, could easily have won many more with some luck. Conditions for it here are ideal
    Have to have a little ew at 66-6

Drifted out from 14/1. Worth a 1/2 point ew anyway.

Art Nouvelle 14-1 2.20

Tried over 5f for first time.This should suit, it has speed this horse once it
    gets clear ground ahead of it, not a big field here so traffic should not be a problem.

14-1 ew

WTF
    Left stall and eased within a few strides

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I like the look of GO KART in the 14.50 at Cork. Well priced for a ew 1.5 pt at 11/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭maximo31

Tara Mia EW in the 2.35 Downpatrick. 20-1 PP. Money came for it last week in Clonmel and seems to be a small few quid again.....

• Advertisement

Ashpan Sam 16-1 4.00

I really like this. I expect it will break strong and could make all.
    Has run against real good company and this it a nice field for it to contend with.

I've gone ew at 16=1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Two for fun ,Flan Costelloe trains a few horses outside Hospital county Limerick,he loves the racing game and puts a lot more in than he gets out.

He had his first winner in almost two years when Hard Times got up on the line two weeks ago.
    He runs again tomorrow in Cork with 7 lb claimer Karen Kenny again on board. The extra 150 yards will help and at 20s is worth a few quid ew.

The yard run another one,Loughderg Princess who seems to be improving and is worth a very small bet at 40s.They go in the 4 20 and 4 50.
    Hard Times came with a very good looking run only to run into horses should have come wider and might even have won,the rider was standing motionless in the stirrups with nowhere to go and that is always a risk with 7 lb claimers.

I had Pixleen at 66-1 ew so I have to be happy.
    Great to see it end up at 16-1 though.
    66 was huge price and not deserving of its ability .

Mango Chutney 6-1

Very consistent last summer, should improve for it's two runs this year.
    PP pay 4 places in this race.

Going ew at 6-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Mango Chutney 6-1

Very consistent last summer, should improve for it's two runs this year.
    PP pay 4 places in this race.

Going ew at 6-1

Thanks for that, I never seen him running so thanks for putting it up, I backed him last time out and felt he was unlucky.

• Advertisement

Black Orange 66-1 5.35 5 places
    Priceless 14-1 3.40 4 places

I done these two at Ascot
    Small EW singles and double ew

was going to have a big bet but the ground is the worry,for all that he has a stone in hand on my ratings and the horses seem to be getting through the ground well.I am only just home and will look at things and post my thoughts before morning.

It is not as I would have liked the ground for Abe Lincoln but as Noseda is letting him take his chance I have taken the 18s available with PP 6 places for€20 ew I will see how the ground is during racing before going in again and listen to the morning line as to the state of the ground.

A year ago I had Abe Lincoln backed even with the ground against him.

He has not appeared until now and Jeremy Noseda explained that he had an injury but is ok for a while but he said there was no point in running the horse as he would pick up a penalty and make it tougher to win the Royal Hunt Cup on wed at 5 oc.

I have Bravery already backed at 33/1 for this race as it has been his target since winning the Lincoln but I could not let Abe Lincoln go unbacked as a year ago I posted that he had a stone in hand for his Ascot race and he was beaten just a nose and Noseda can get them ready after a layoff.

It the toughest handicap of the year but those who take the trouble to read what I said about this horse last year will know how sweet I was on his chances.

Great racing today whether punting or just watching.Lots of short priced favs in competitive races on very fast ground who should be avoided in my opinion and most small punters want a bit of ew value.
    De Bruyne Horse at 6s has a chance in the 3 05
    Priceless andWashington Dc are two 16/1 shots with chances in the 3 40,this will be run very fast and there may be be a few hard luck stories.Some of these have been beating each other and there might be a bit of value ew in my two.

Churchill is a real champion but Barney Boy ran very well behind him last time and did not handle the dip as well as Churchill and could cause a shock and in one of the shops offering money back if 2nd to the fav is a safe enough bet in the 4 20.

Yorkidding and Magic Circle are two I like in the 5 oc,if Yorkidding's jockey,Richard Kingscote can keep a bit in reserve this front runner can go well at a big price ew.

Conequences is reported to be flying at home and while seeming to have a bit to find against all the expensive ones in the Norfolk Stakes on Thursday has been well backed and connections are expecting a good run.
    Best of luck to all and make sure to bet with those giving the best deals,i saw an ad where Boyles are offering money back if 2nd or 3rd to the fav and I will be heading down there now to check it out.

Kool Company 66-1 2.30

I'm liking this ew. Has run some good times over this trip on the ground.
    I think price is too big so I will put a small ew bet on it.

Did a few x doubles and trebles ew and singles ew on the ones I mentioned and backed Master Paver in the 4 35 at Thirsk,turned out fairly soon after an ok run in a competitive race last time ,fav today so could oblige.

I backed Barney Roy and Thunder Snow in the 4 20 as Boyles are money back if 2nd or 3rd to the fav usual conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Waggle in the 740 Brighton in to 13/2 from 12s/10s generally

Forgot to post one, and forgot to back it.
    Hate that.
    I spent a while looking at card last night but totally forgot about it due to Ascot.

Two short priced winners and a placed one at 14s meant I will live to fight another day.

WINNING WAYS 2 30 Ascot will need to improve to win today as he has a good bit to find on bare ratings with a good few of the field,however his last run was very good and he reversed placings with a couple who previously finished in front of him and was backed to do so.

Bacchus and Chessman oppose again but should have little chance of beating Winning Ways who can be backed at 16/1 and is an ew bet.

Andre Fabre sends USHERETTE over for the 3 40 and should win.

HIGHLAND REEL can win the 4 20

I have two backed in the 5 oc,BRAVERY (now 40/1) and ABE LINCOLN who has been well backed for this really tough handicap and I could pick 10 and not have one in the first 6.

Away from Ascot WATCHABLE is a good ew bet for the 8 10 at Chelmsford and OMeara sends two with chances to Hamilton.BREANSKI is fav for the 3 55 and should win and CLENYMISTRA can be backed ew at 7/1 to win again with a 6lb penalty.

• Advertisement

Beat the Bank 20-1 2.30

I'm going for this ew with pp
    Won very well in its 2 runs so far. Winning both easily
    with 4 places I'm in for a ew bet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭munster87

Alert horse tomorrow, drops in class, Alabaster. Chelmsford 4:45. Short favourite currently though, I see 11/10 in PP. Should win this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

munster87 wrote: »
    Alert horse tomorrow, drops in class, Alabaster. Chelmsford 4:45. Short favourite currently though, I see 11/10 in PP. Should win this.

Cheers for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭munster87

One of my alerts running tonight in Lingfield, Suqoor, I think has a slightly better chance than the current 5/1 on offer - 7.50pm

Lady Clinch runs in the 4 35 at Gowran tomorrow and I have already backed the filly ew today.

I was told to keep an eye on the filly when she made her debut for her new trainer Fozzy Stack. She had 3 runs for D Wachman and showed some promise first time out when btn 4 lengths on good to firm ground at the Curragh,had another quiet run before being beaten 58 lengths on soft ground in a Leopardstown maiden.

Was given a mark of 68 for her first handicap over a mile at Navan and was easy to back going off at 10/1.Last for most of the mile trip and still last at the 2 furlong pole she looked well beaten,shaken up and just ridden she took off and made up a tremendous amount of ground finishing 5th without being knocked about.

Over a furlong and a half longer she can reverse placings with Nimitov who was 2 1/2 lengths in front of her.Stacks stable is in good form and his 3 year olds are running very well.I would suggest looking at the filly's last run to see that she has a real turn of foot and has a lot in hand over a longer trip than a mile.

Got that very wrong,the winner gambled on and my selection who had been well backed takes a walk in the market and I am sure will be asked the question in the not too distant future.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Got that very wrong,the winner gambled on and my selection who had been well backed takes a walk in the market and I am sure will be asked the question in the not too distant future.

Nimitov finished hard held as well....

Seneca Chief 7-1 8.50

Makes turf debut here , has run two good races recently over this trip on AW winning one and lose one by a neck. I think it can win this.

The 8 45 at Leic is a run of the mill flat handicap over a mile and a half and the horse at the bottom of the handicap,Touch The Clouds IS 1 LB out of the handicap and due to go down 2 lbs tomorrow so is effectively 3 lbs "wrong".Ran well over 1 mile two last time beaten just over 3 lengths running on well at the finish,suggesting a mile and a half would suit.

Before that run Touch The Clouds had run 40 times,winning 6 times mostly class 6 races.He ran once over 7 furlongs (well beaten) and 39 times over 5 or 6 furlongs!,winning at both trips.

What possessed the trainer to step him up in trip last time? and again today on one of the stiffed tracks in Britain?Maybe the horse bolted on the gallops and outran a few stayers or the trainer just got got desperate lol.

Today's jockey is very useful and well worth her 7 lbs claim,i am not suggesting anyone should back this horse but I shall watch it with interest.

• Advertisement

Classic Pursuit has the best jockey in the 6 10 at Leic,has a 5lb swing with Bronze Beau for a length beating and with the benefit of an experienced pilot on board is the days best bet for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement