Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

5.35 southwell teversham

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

BumperD wrote: »
    Had a lump on Bachuson in the first at Galway @2/1

I love donkeys

Stuck a few quid on double up at goodywood tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

Stuck a few quid on double up at goodywood tomorrow

I haven't had good wood in a long time :(

Zand is making his debut for Johnstone in the first at goodwood tomorrow.I like the look of 8/1. Won a listed race in France on soft.don't know much about that form and Johnstone has 3 in the race .think I will have a bet on it though.

• Advertisement

I was very impressed with birchwoods attitude last time out,I will be definitely taking the 11/4 on offer

Tomorrow could be a new dawn droidy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Hee hee hee

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Grecian Tiger 8 20 Galway must be one of the weeks best bets imo.

A proven 2 miler,he prepared for this by finishing last in a hurdle race at Kilbeggan (btn 10 lengths)!! and before that he finished 7th of 8 in a mile race at Leopardstown!!!!,what is a renowned 2 miler with excellent form at Galway in top handicaps over 2 miles doing running in these minor races without really having a race at all?

Well it is obvious he was not going to pick up a penalty for his target today and Dermot Weld does know the time of day.

Last year Grecian Tiger ran 2nd to Quick Jack in the top Galway handicap worth €32,000 to the winner and his prep race was over one mile two furlongs at Leop.

Grecian ran other good races over 2 miles last year off higher ratings and there is no evidence that he is not as good this year.
    With his sights lowered in this (€9000 ) handicap he must be backed to give Weld another winner.
    I believe Winter Lion will run ok but he needs to drop a few pounds more in the ratings to start winning again though like most runners in Galway he will be doing his best.

Zand is making his debut for Johnstone in the first at goodwood tomorrow.I like the look of 8/1. Won a listed race in France on soft.don't know much about that form and Johnstone has 3 in the race .think I will have a bet on it though.

Shocker!...hopefully birchwood does the biz and gets me back on track

• Advertisement

Jeez birchwood got no luck in running there at all. Theres another big race in that horse for sure

Jeez birchwood got no luck in running there at all. Theres another big race in that horse for sure

With a clear run would have been thereabouts, badly snatched.

With a clear run would have been thereabouts, badly snatched.

Yeah he might not have won but would of been a lot closer. One to keep an eye on for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Beau Satchel 10/1 (Galway 7.50) is my only pick today. Was a big winner for me in 2014 - lumped on much, much, much more than I usually do on that day. He is rising in weight, but seems to be a very consistent runner regardless.

Much smaller bet for me today. Win only.

No joy today. Onto tomorrow

tinodz wrote: »
    Beau Satchel 10/1 (Galway 7.50) is my only pick today. Was a big winner for me in 2014 - lumped on much, much, much more than I usually do on that day. He is rising in weight, but seems to be a very consistent runner regardless.

Much smaller bet for me today. Win only.

That'll do nicely!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Belardo e/w tomorrow

Guess I will give another fave of my a shot today - Coldstonesober 11/1 (Galway 4.10). Feel will be at least challenging near the end.

Guess I will give another fave of my a shot today - Coldstonesober 11/1 (Galway 4.10). Feel will be at least challenging near the end.

3rd. Not bad.

Throwing the small place winning of the above on The Paparrazi Kid 14/1 in the Galway Plate.

Win only bet.

• Advertisement

Throwing the small place winning of the above on The Paparrazi Kid 14/1 in the Galway Plate.

Win only bet.

2nd... :mad:

Cant believe i let Shanahans Turn off today. Didnt think today was the day, knew he had a good one in him.

Didnt see the race in work still, heard he was lucky though. Something fell?

Slattsy wrote: »
    Cant believe i let Shanahans Turn off today. Didnt think today was the day, knew he had a good one in him.

Didnt see the race in work still, heard he was lucky though. Something fell?

There was at least two big incidents in the race. One early on that messed up things for horses at the back, and one near the end - Rule The World fell while in 4th/5th causing some issues for a bunch behind.

Shanahan's Turn was in front from a long way out though, so even if it was clean I am not sure he would have got caught.

Giving Justice Rock 8/1 (Leicester 7.50) a shot

Most experienced horse in the race, and only one with decent good to soft form to speak of. Made sure to give the 7.20 a look, and there are spots on the course that look like they will suit those with any soft form. IMO, he should look to lead the whole way, and ask everyone else to try and catch him to take advantage - but what do I know.

Giving Justice Rock 8/1 (Leicester 7.50) a shot

Most experienced horse in the race, and only one with decent good to soft form to speak of. Made sure to give the 7.20 a look, and there are spots on the course that look like they will suit those with any soft form. IMO, he should look to lead the whole way, and ask everyone else to try and catch him to take advantage - but what do I know.

3rd. But why did the jockey pull him to the outside when he had space available to run into along the rail. Cost him at least a few lenghts.

Jazzi Top in the Nassau at goodwood ew 14/1 seems value.

Will also have a very small bet on western boy 12/1 at Galway, not sure whether he will be trying but looks primed after a win on the flat recently.

Master of Speed 9/4 looks a penalty kick at Doncaster. His form is working out rather well.

Have gone for The Hooded Claw e/w @ 20/1 here at Goodwood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Erlkonig. 3:15 galway . 20/1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement