Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭minibear

The 8 45 at Leic is a run of the mill flat handicap over a mile and a half and the horse at the bottom of the handicap,Touch The Clouds IS 1 LB out of the handicap and due to go down 2 lbs tomorrow so is effectively 3 lbs "wrong".Ran well over 1 mile two last time beaten just over 3 lengths running on well at the finish,suggesting a mile and a half would suit.

Before that run Touch The Clouds had run 40 times,winning 6 times mostly class 6 races.He ran once over 7 furlongs (well beaten) and 39 times over 5 or 6 furlongs!,winning at both trips.

What possessed the trainer to step him up in trip last time? and again today on one of the stiffed tracks in Britain?Maybe the horse bolted on the gallops and outran a few stayers or the trainer just got got desperate lol.

Today's jockey is very useful and well worth her 7 lbs claim,i am not suggesting anyone should back this horse but I shall watch it with interest.

based on that intriguing trailer it's a must-watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Merlin44

minibear wrote: »
    based on that intriguing trailer it's a must-watch!

Touch the clouds a NR

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭munster87

Merlin44 wrote: »
    Touch the clouds a NR

Straight to DVD!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭munster87

Like the look of Our Kid in the 2:30 at Carlisle tomorrow. Won on debut at Wolverhampton over 5f. Looks a stronger race tomorrow but was finishing well that day after running green early. Should come on from that run and think the extra furlong will suit. Seeing around 3/1 currently

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Too tired for much of a write up,i backed 3 well handicapped horses in an ew Trixie and will be backing them in singles tomorrow.

Chancery 3 oc,Rousayan 3 30 and Jacbequick 5 oc all run at Carlisle and are priced around 10/1 14/1 and 10/1. I have backed these already this season and have been keeping an eye on them as I expect all 3 to win from their current marks before very long

They are going for good pots and from an in-form stable can repay support.

• Advertisement

Jacbequick out,presumably because of the ground (is thought to be better on good or firmer but has form on soft),is entered at York and Chester on sat and worth keeping in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Carlisle 3.30
    Silvery moon @ 11/2

One of my favs because you can usually depend on him to give his running especially in a class 4 and on his favoured soft ground should run a massive race.

Kempton 8.40
    Karam Albari @ 25/1
    Is a hold up performer over shorter and when he has tried this trip has run some good races but still very unexposed over the distance and the way he travels should really suit around kempton,the last class 6 he contested he hacked up in.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Hamley 8-1 7.15

Siempre Amigos 10-1 8.20

I like these tomorrow.
    I done a double ew and singles

Hard Times came with a very good looking run only to run into horses should have come wider and might even have won,the rider was standing motionless in the stirrups with nowhere to go and that is always a risk with 7 lb claimers.

Hard Times is out again tonight in the 6 10 at Tipp with a good jockey on board and can double the tally of his sporting owner and trainer Flan Costelloe for this year.Around the 8/1 mark and can drift a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Hamley 8-1 7.15
    Siempre Amigos 10-1 8.20
    I like these tomorrow.

Both also favoured by GOB-ATR this morning along also with Bobabout 8.50 (no value, maybe the reserve).

Both SA (67% neg price swing), and Hamley are available W/O same places available for slightly lower prices. In SA's case it's only 25% less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Marv8

Hamley 8-1 7.15

Siempre Amigos 10-1 8.20

I like these tomorrow.

Put these in the betslip this morning and put in the stake but never hit place bet and now they're gone to 7/2 & 4/1.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

I had word for LIVE TWICE 5.05 Tipperary nine days ago at Naas, my brother knows Podge who owns and trains the horse. We had him at 20's that day went off 13-2.
    He was stopped in his run that day and I have no doubt he would have won, he beat s few fancied ones that day too. We won a few bob each way so it was nice to get it.
    There is no official word for him today as the ground has slowed a little for him plus the word has got around that hes on the improve but I will still back him as a bold show may be still on the cards. 9-2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Aurora1966 wrote: »
    I had word for LIVE TWICE 5.05 Tipperary nine days ago at Naas, my brother knows Podge who owns and trains the horse. We had him at 20's that day went off 13-2.
    He was stopped in his run that day and I have no doubt he would have won, he beat s few fancied ones that day too. We won a few bob each way so it was nice to get it.
    There is no official word for him today as the ground has slowed a little for him plus the word has got around that hes on the improve but I will still back him as a bold show may be still on the cards. 9-2

5.40 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

Aurora1966 wrote:
    I had word for LIVE TWICE 5.05 Tipperary nine days ago at Naas, my brother knows Podge who owns and trains the horse. We had him at 20's that day went off 13-2. He was stopped in his run that day and I have no doubt he would have won, he beat s few fancied ones that day too. We won a few bob each way so it was nice to get it. There is no official word for him today as the ground has slowed a little for him plus the word has got around that hes on the improve but I will still back him as a bold show may be still on the cards. 9-2

Apologies its the 5.40 Race at Tipperary this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Aurora1966 wrote: »
    Apologies its the 5.40 Race at Tipperary this evening

best of luck i dont know whether to pull the trigger or not with no word coming this time

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Got a bit of word for Hamley in the 7.15 Tipp, price now gone 8's into 3's

• Registered Users Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭bladespin

One well in Toby, fingers crossed on Siempre now :)

Never even got a run. Should have cashed out for 12 times the stake, crap. I let it play though.

Natural Scenery seems to be laid out for the Northumberland Plate 3 30 Newcastle tomorrow,in recent years horses carrying over 9 stone are the ones to focus on and those on 9 -4 or 9-5 merit attention.

Since the race has switched to the AW we need to make sure that whatever we back acts on it.Natural Scenery has good form over c and d and ran a nice race last time without being knocked about and I am of the opinion that this race has been the plan for a while,a real good bet at today's odds and will probably go off shorter tomorrow and looks a very good ew bet.

Excellent racing sat and the Derby looks a real good race,Epsom derby form is working out very well and should be good enough to beat Waldgeist.

The furious pace at Epsom meant that those coming from behind had the edge.Cracksman had only run twice before Epsom and should have most improvement and is a bet at 3/1.

• Advertisement

Eccleston 7 55 Don has top weight but his mark of 86 is the lowest he has ever been in a handicap,he has run 4 good races this year off 90- 89-88-88 and is certain to play a part in an easier race than he has encountered for years.

The 2 25 Newcastle should be between Fahey's two Don't Touch and Kimberella and Kimberella shades it for me.

Jacbequick would be the days best bet if running over a mile two instead of the mile 4 he runs over in the 5 25 York.I believe he does not stay 1 1/2 miles and cant back him though he is well handicapped,Arrowtown stays much further and if there is any pace on will outstay Jacbequick and Arrowtown will carry my money.

The horses fancied above are all reasonable prices and represent value,however for a ral big price bet I suggest a small ew on First Bombardment in the 4 50 at York at 28/1 PP.

One more for toady,Impart has run two very good races since his last win and while it is still a bit early in the year for 3 year olds to be taking on older horses they are still improving and worth backing against older horses who are unlikely to be getting better.

At 7/1 Impart looks a very good ew bet on ground he acts on and on a track that he has run well on and looks a decent bet to me.

I like Dinkum Diamond in the 3.40 today.
    I think this mile trip is a bonus to it.
    Today is its day, and it's a good ew price at
    25-1

Clever Cookie 33-1

I like this one here . Has run in such good company that I feel
    it can at least place at a big price.
    5 places PP
    lil ew 33-1

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Merlin44

Ecclston 7 55 Don has top weight but his mark of 86 is the lowest he has ever been in a handicap,he has run 4 good races this year off 90- 89-88-88 and is certain to play a part in an easier race than he has encountered for years.

The 2 25 Newcastle should be between Fahey's two Don't Touch and Kimberella and Kimberella shades it for me.

Jacbequick would be the days best bet if running over a mile two instead of the mile 4 he runs over in the 5 25 York.I believe he does not stay 1 1/2 miles and cant back him though he is well handicapped,Arrowtown stays much further and if there is any pace on will outstay Jacbequick and Arrowtown will carry my money.

The horses fancied above are all reasonable prices and represent value,however for a ral big price bet I suggest a small ew on First Bombardment in the 4 50 at York at 28/1 PP.

A return to form Zimmer took your advice on first bombardment and backed jacbequick along with a couple of Ben linfoots from sporting life small ew yankee . I actually thought the way jacbequick shaped last week running on into 4th that he may well stay. Good day anyway cheers

A few go close and Jacbequick makes a fool of me and stays the mile and a half,i knew he was well handicapped but the trip I thought was wrong.

Kimberella would have won with a run,Cracksman also left it too late,Natural Scenery got a good ride but hung a little at the end and just could not get up.

First Bombardment ran well at 33s to provide a nice profit.

Truffles 2.15
    25-1

Ran a good race 2 back, then ran poorly yesterday ,stumbled after 2f and never had a say in race. Runs again here today, if it does run that is. I think it can go well today, this is an easier task than yesterday for sure.
    little ew for me

Coolfitch was getting 7 lbs from Major Jumbo when beating him 2 lengths in York,now Coolfitch has to give 4 lbs and normally an 11lb turnaround in the weights would be enough to have the placings reversed.

Coolfitch is a filly and when fillies start improving they are often worth following.Versatile groundwise,Coolfitch can continue the good run of David OMeara and beat the fav Major Jumbo whose trainer had to shut down the yard recently because the horses were not firing.
    The yard seems ok now and the trainer will be trying to make up for lost time but Coolfitch may prove too strong today under regular pilot Josh Doyle.

Left in the stalls all chance gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Left in the stalls all chance gone.

Back him myself taught he had a good chance being DOM only ride, will keep an eye next time. Thanks though i like reading your write ups youv made me grasp a better understanding of everything instead of picking by name haha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement