Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I done the two Fahey horses in the first two races at Pontefract,
    I done a double, both 11/4 which is a 14-1 double.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

3.00 Pontefract

The ultra consistent THE FEATHERED NESTS has been performing well of late for Richard Fahey and should be rewarded in this contest back down in class. She performed very well in a Class 2 event on her latest start when a close third and she should appreciate this drop back into Class 3 company. Conditions will suit and Paul Hanagan takes the ride, so she looks very tough to beat off a mark of 83. Ive backed her the last couple of times and expect compensation today. One thing is that she gives her all and will be fighting at the finish. 5-2

8.45 Hamilton NAP

SET IN STONE won a c and d maiden the last time, back in handicap company shes off a mark of 79 which means she will have to improve again to win this. Granted she was running in Class 3 handicaps off 84 and maidens before that she could technically be still well in here. JP Shanahan sends a few to Hamilton and they almost always give their running eventhough you see many duck eggs beside their name. Ex Dubai Hamdan retained jockey Tadg O'Shea takes most of the rides for Shanahan these days and is an excellent pilot in my opinion. I have backed a decent each way bet at 6-1 this morning, I also had a straight bet, he now shows for 7-2.

Aurora1966 wrote:
    8.45 Hamilton NAP

Well that was very disappointing..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Jodies Jem is useful enough on the flat and though taking a while to get the hang of hurdles is now ready to win a novice hurdle before the real good novices appear on the scene and at 9/4 or 5/2 is worth a bet to make his experience count.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Mr Murphy

How's it going lads new to this thread few tips for tomorrow,
    16:10 Perth Tangolan 6/1
    16:20 Worcester, Celestial Path 4/1
    Also would look into Trusting Friend 13/2 at the moment , Gibbs hill also set to have a good run!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Marv8

Mr Murphy wrote: »
    How's it going lads new to this thread few tips for tomorrow,
    16:10 Perth Tangolan 6/1
    16:20 Worcester, Celestial Path 4/1
    Also would look into Trusting Friend 13/2 at the moment , Gibbs hill also set to have a good run!

Trusting friend a winner at 8/1.

Two with chances today,Rock of America,4 30 Haydock is well regarded, well beaten last time but only dropped away in the last 50 yards and is better than that run.
    Another with a good chance from the same yard is Highland Acclaim 7 15 Epsom.100/30 at the moment will be a very solid ew bet if it drifts anymore as there are only 8 runners.

I will be having a decent ew bet on this one with the capable Josh Doyle on board and the yard going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Dunno how tatislu is 16/1 in the 2.45
    Has 3/4 a length to find with the fav and is 5 pound better off

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭minibear

Spotted Jonny Delta in the next at Ayr and I knew the name sounded familiar so I checked on other threads. money coming too.

• Advertisement

Thanks to my friend, the horses below have seen significant overnight money from the right sources before trade opens today and have been cut accordingly. This bookmaker trading list is a guide only and I would urge caution but worthy of keeping an eye on them. Ive seen these lists produce many winners before also.
    2.00 Carlisle Dream Team 20s into 5s.
    2.35 Carlisle Seaella 8s into 4s
    3.20 Doncaster Shenanigans 10s into 6s
    4.25 Doncaster Chancery 9s into 11/2.
    5.10 Downpatrick Polymath 9/4 into 6/4.
    5.20 Newbury Hawridge Glory 9s into 6s.
    6.30 Newbury Gainsay 25s into 16s.
    9.00 Leopardstown Mountain Rock 2s into Evens.

Thanks to my friend, the horses below have seen significant overnight money from the right sources before trade opens today and have been cut accordingly. This bookmaker trading list is a guide only and I would urge caution but worthy of keeping an eye on them. Ive seen these lists produce many winners before also.
    2.00 Carlisle Dream Team 20s into 5s.
    2.35 Carlisle Seaella 8s into 4s
    3.20 Doncaster Shenanigans 10s into 6s
    4.25 Doncaster Chancery 9s into 11/2.
    5.10 Downpatrick Polymath 9/4 into 6/4.
    5.20 Newbury Hawridge Glory 9s into 6s.
    6.30 Newbury Gainsay 25s into 16s.
    9.00 Leopardstown Mountain Rock 2s into Evens.

Tapis Libre ran well when winning last time but there is no doubt in my mind that his main task this year is to win the ladies derby at 7 45 Epsom.

Has won won this race in 2013,was 4TH in 2014 and won it last year.At 2/1 is worth a decent bet to win it again.

Chancery is out again in the 4 25 Don carrying 10 stone,has good form in class 2 and class 3 handicaps and can win this class 4 contest,an ew bet today as he is difficult to win with and there are a few lightly raced horses who can only improve.

Highland Acclaim is very well handicapped in the 8 50 Epsom and as a CD winner can return to form and win tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I backed
    Speed Company in 7.55

I went ew at 14-1 . It has ran in some good company in uk ,contested many grade 1 and 2 races.
    I think at 14-1 it's a big price and value for a place if not more .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Tapis Libre ran well when winning last time but there is no doubt in my mind that his main task this year is to win the ladies derby at 7 45 Epsom.

Has won won this race in 2013,was 4TH in 2014 and won it last year.At 2/1 is worth a decent bet to win it again.

Chancery is out again in the 4 25 Don carrying 10 stone,has good form in class 2 and class 3 handicaps and can win this class 4 contest,an ew bet today as he is difficult to win with and there are a few lightly raced horses who can only improve.

Highland Acclaim is very well handicapped in the 8 50 Epsom and as a CD winner can return to form and win tonight.

Back with a bang there Zimmer!

Well done

• I took E/W advice on Chancery, and doubled the 2 others.

Thanks Zimmerman.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Thanks again Zimmer. Had a small treble e/w and straight doubles. So nice little profit. Back to your best.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Good man Zimmer, its nice to be on the correct side of the photo finishes....

Move In Time 4 55 is a group winner who seems to have lost its form however it's last couple of runs suggest to me that he is still capable of winning off his now very low mark and at 10s its worth backing ew for if it does not run well today its the knackers yard. Coolftch fell out of the stalls last time and i can not trust him today.Omearas are all trying at York today though Florid a Times would prefer softer ground. Jacbequick has a penalty but is in good form.

Not a great day,Move In Time finally showed some form beaten just over 1 1/2 lengths in fifth place and did not have the best of luck in running.

Lots of good racing tomorrow so a bit of form study tonight in the hope of solving a few puzzles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Good man zimmer. Looking forward to the write up :)

Edward Lewis loves big field sprints and the 2 10 at Ascot looks made for him,his last 2 runs were 6th of 27 behind Out Do at Ascot btn 2 1/2 lengths and 5th of 19 behind Caspian Prince btn a length at Epsom,his handicap days may soon be over as this 4 year old looks to be a sprinter going places.

20 runner sprints require luck in running and might not be everyones cup of tea but I believe Edward Lewis is a bit special at 8/1.

Firmament is up in class in the group 2 at 3 50 but has run 4 good races in Ascot and at 14/1 could cause an upset,i would have preferred a larger field to ensure a good gallop but they might go a decent pace despite the small field and a small bet on Firmament might pay off.

A very big gamble went astray when Abe Lincoln was well beaten in the Royal Hunt Cup in Ascot but Jeremy Noseda's smart colt was having his first run for a year coming back from injury.At 8/1 he has a very big chance in the 1 55 at York at around 8/1.

Salateen goes in the listed race at 3 oc at Chester and can go from the front and make all at this unique track that suits horses who stay up with pace,has won over the C D and should not be 10/1 in my view.

Out Do is one of the bravest horses in training and is too big at 10/1 for the listed race at 4 15 in York.Caused a big upset when winning a good race 3 weeks ago and Out Do won over the C D in the past and is not out of place in this race.

If anyone has any money left Undercover Brother can give weight to the rest of the field in the 6 05 at Hamilton,he improved on his first run when winning on his second start over the C D last time and can win again despite irish raider Spirit Power from the Joseph OBrien yard being in the field, a bit of value at around 5/1.

As most of these fancies are big enough prices in very competitive races small ew stakes in multiple bets such as lucky 31s,lucky 15s is suggested.

Not a very big price but Breanski at 2/1 should win the 9 10 at Thirsk.

Dermot Weld has not had the best of times this year but there is evidence that his horses are now finding their form and he should be worth following from now on.

Alaykha looks worth backing in the 6 25 at Killarney,unlucky last time in Limerick the well bred filly should be suited by the mile six and I backed it at 15/8.

Seprani 5 35 Ling has been knocking at the door and maybe the 7 furlongs was just a shade too far for her on a couple of occasions when she finished close up.Marco Botti has put up Josephine Gordon and she might be able to get the elusive win today.

I backed the filly ew in a few Ladbroke offices as they are giving money back as a free bet if 2nd to the fav.I cannot see Seprani out of the money and the two above her in the weights are no great shakes so she can finally get her head in front.

Very little for me today on the racing front so I can enjoy the golf and of course it takes longer to lose my money.

I am backing Pioneering in the 4 40 at Hamilton,a Godolphin cast off was given a good while off and was presumably gelded by David OMeara.Had a couple of quiet runs and got a mark of 63 and I was looking forward to backing it in a handicap following his last fairly good run in 6th.

I am surprised to see him out in a maiden race and would be receiving 11 lbs weight from the fav in handicap and I will not be having as much on as a result but I am backing him all the same and will check to see if Lads are money back if 2nd to the fav.

3.50 Newbury - Madeline

Broke her maiden at the second attempt when winning at Goodwood (runner up has followed up since) and the form of her 5th in the Albany is working out very well. She has looked highly progressive with marked improvement from run to run and the jockey booking of SDS is very interesting indeed. Conditions will be of no concern and Roger Varian remains in great form, so she looks the one to beat today. 9-4 is a fair price and I will be getting involved with her today.

4.25 Newbury Champagne Champ (NAP)

Finished a very respectable 2nd over c and d in April and he's been set some very tough tasks the last 3 runs. Was last seen in the Northumberland Plate where he ran well for a long way. He is now only a pound above that c and d 2nd so this is more manageable off a mark of 91 and he is likely to be happier back in a smaller field that he can try to dominate from the front. Oisin Murphy takes the ride for the in form Rod Millman team and he looks to be the one to beat for me. At 7-2 and 3-1 he is certainly worth a bet today.

Bookmaker trading list:
    Market movers

Lady Dancealot.- 20/1 into 8/1 2.40 Newbury

Dark Liberty.- 16/1 into 9/2 6.10 Newmarket

Mushahadaat.-  11/2 into 5/2 2.40 Newbury

Shamsaya.- 9/2 into 2/1 3.40 Nottingham

Englishman.-  11/1 into 6/1 3.40 Nottingham

Allux Boy.- 14/1 into 7/1 3.05 Nottingham

African Blessing.- 10/1 into 4/1 8.45 Newmarket

Sands Chorus.- 13/2 into 3/1 8.05 Pontefract

Poet's Society.- 10/1 into 5/1 7.35 Pontefract

Nibras Again.- 6/1 into 11/4 9.05 Pontefract

Avon Breeze.- 10/1 into 11/2 7.35 Pontefract

Rasheeq.- 9/1 into 11/2 7.35 Pontefract

The above list is only a guide and the person who forwarded it shall remain anonymous. Some of these are interesting indeed but thread carefully. Im sure a winner or 2 will come of it and places aswell, finding the right acca combinations will be the hard part. If not playing on them its always worth to keep an eye and maybe track a few going forward.

The 8 35 at Pontrefact is a maiden handicap over a mile and a quarter and handicaps like this would normally avoided.However the top weight Satish caught my eye and I put €25 ew on at 10s.

OMeara got this one from Gosden last October and the horse has achieved little since except a drop in his handicap mark from 76 to 67.His last run was his best and he finished a close up 5th btn just over 2 lengths in a better race than this.Four year olds and 3 year olds have won this race 5 times each in the last ten years but it is very likely that a lot more 3 year olds ran than 4 year olds and at this time of the year they probably have an advantage over their younger rivals.

One of only 2 four year olds in the field Satish should not be a 10/1 chance imo and is a reasonable ew bet.

• Advertisement

The 8 35 at Pontrefact is a maiden handicap over a mile and a quarter and handicaps like this would normally avoided.However the top weight Satish caught my eye and I put €25 ew on at 10s.

OMeara got this one from Gosden last October and the horse has achieved little since except a drop in his handicap mark from 76 to 67.His last run was his best and he finished a close up 5th btn just over 2 lengths in a better race than this.Four year olds and 3 year olds have won this race 5 times each in the last ten years but it is very likely that a lot more 3 year olds ran than 4 year olds and at this time of the year they probably have an advantage over their younger rivals.

One of only 2 four year olds in the field Satish should not be a 10/1 chance imo and is a reasonable ew bet.

Drifted to 16/1 slowly away,stone last a furlong out-finishes well without being knocked abot to be beaten a hd 1l nk into 4th place,a sure winner when fancied in the near future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement