Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Danny Tudhope rides Intisaab in the group 3 at 3 oc at Newbury for his stable and has a bit of a chance,the stable have a runner with a real chance in the 4 45,Lincoln Rocks 5/2 joint fav.
    However Tudhope does not stay in Newbury to ride Lincoln Rocks in the race worth £18000 to the winner,despite the fact that he was on board for the 4 races the horse won.

Instead Tudhope travels 300 kilometres to Haydock (Google says it is over 3 hours by car) to ride one for Loughnane in a £3500 race called Invictus (12/1) at 6 30. He rides That is the Spirit (16/1) for his own stable at 7 30 worth £9000 to the winner and rides one in the last,Spirit of Belle (9/1) for P Evans at 8 30 in a race worth £3,500.

Tudhope said in an interview with the racing post this week thathe wantsto try tofinish runner up behind DeSouza in the jockey's championship.

Are we to conclude that Lincoln Rocks might non win the Newbury race even though he is joint fav in a small field for a decent pot and that he believes the long journey to Haydock will pay off despite the the fact that his 3 mounts can be backed at 12/1 16/1 and 9/1.

Draw your own conclusions boardies but it is a bit of a puzzle,comments welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

Bookmaker trading list:
    Market movers

Pavillon 15/211/4 4.45 Newbury

Monarch's Glory 33/18/1 1.55 Cartmel

Fiosrach 11/16/1 2.30 Cartmel

The Birdie Crowe 5/44/6 2.35 Limerick

Irish Bulletin 11/15/1 5.30 Limerick

Get Out Of Jail 7/17/2 4.00 Gowran Park

Spirit Of Rosanna 4/111/4 5.55 Haydock

Stamford Raffles 4/19/4 8.00 Haydock

Haldaw 8/15/1 6.45 Lingfield

Hitman 20/111/1 4.40 Ripon

Ban Shoof 13/24/1 6.45 Lingfield

Rusumaat 13/25/1 1.50 Newbury

Horses to keep an eye on today, few quid overnight for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭munster87

Aurora1966 wrote: »
    Bookmaker trading list:
    Market movers

Pavillon 15/211/4 4.45 Newbury

Monarch's Glory 33/18/1 1.55 Cartmel

Fiosrach 11/16/1 2.30 Cartmel

Get Out Of Jail 7/17/2 4.00 Gowran Park

Spirit Of Rosanna 4/111/4 5.55 Haydock

Haldaw 8/15/1 6.45 Lingfield

Hitman 20/111/1 4.40 Ripon

http://www.attheraces.com/market-movers

If you like market movers ATR keep a good watch on this daily

3.35 Newbury Falabelle

Kevin Ryan filly who has a very speedy pedigree and showed it when 2nd on debut at Carlisle, disqualified and demoted to third after drifting towards the finish. She will have learned lots from that debut and should do much better on this occasion, with this track likely to play to her strengths. The good to soft ground will be perfect for her and she looks set to be tough to beat with natural improvement under Shane Gray. She is a strong each way bet in my opinion in this Super Sprint. 16-1 now did touch 25s earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Danny Tudhope rides Intisaab in the group 3 at 3 oc at Newbury for his stable and has a bit of a chance,the stable have a runner with a real chance in the 4 45,Lincoln Rocks 5/2 joint fav.
    However Tudhope does not stay in Newbury to ride Lincoln Rocks in the race worth £18000 to the winner,despite the fact that he was on board for the 4 races the horse won.

Instead Tudhope travels 300 kilometres to Haydock (Google says it is over 3 hours by car) to ride one for Loughnane in a £3500 race called Invictus (12/1) at 6 30. He rides That is the Spirit (16/1) for his own stable at 7 30 worth £9000 to the winner and rides one in the last,Spirit of Belle (9/1) for P Evans at 8 30 in a race worth £3,500.

Tudhope said in an interview with the racing post this week thathe wantsto try tofinish runner up behind DeSouza in the jockey's championship.

Are we to conclude that Lincoln Rocks might non win the Newbury race even though he is joint fav in a small field for a decent pot and that he believes the long journey to Haydock will pay off despite the the fact that his 3 mounts can be backed at 12/1 16/1 and 9/1.

Draw your own conclusions boardies but it is a bit of a puzzle,comments welcome.

He also rides On Fire in the 8:00 which seems to have some support against the favourite

edit: ran well but went out in the last 50 yards

has to be the last one so: Spirit of Belle

• Advertisement

Aurora1966 wrote:

Aurora1966 wrote:
    WON 6-1

Aurora1966 wrote:
    WON 11-4

Aurora1966 wrote:
    WON 8-11

Aurora1966 wrote:
    2nd 10-3

Aurora1966 wrote:
    3rd 4-1

I hope a few of you got involved today with some of the market movers that I posted this morning. These trading lists are quite informative sometimes and worth a few bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Aurora1966 wrote: »
    WON 6-1

WON 11-4

WON 8-11

2nd 10-3

3rd 4-1

I hope a few of you got involved with some of these horses I posted this morning from the trading list, sometimes it pays to follow these lists, Im happy with tge return from punting today. I will continue to post these lists as and when I get them so keep an eye out.

What about the other 7 horses that you posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Merlin44

Slattsy wrote: »

reasonable strike rate I would say fair play

Slattsy wrote:

The rest either ran poorly, pulled up or were non runners bud. As I said before these lists are only a guide but its nice to find the few winners from them.

Merlin44 wrote: »
    reasonable strike rate I would say fair play

Reasonable....

A) You've missed the value on each horse.

B) If you stuck a 10er on all 12 - you've lost. Won nothing / zip / nada / kaput.

C) Not reasonable or advisable to back those type of horses, refer to point A.

Use your head lads. :)

Each to their own though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Slattsy wrote: »
    Reasonable....

A) You've missed the value on each horse.

B) If you stuck a 10er on all 12 - you've lost. Won nothing / zip / nada / kaput.

C) Not reasonable or advisable to back those type of horses, refer to point A.

Use your head lads. :)

Each to their own though!!

Just as I'm posting to point out your failings, it's a pity you have only posted to shoot down another poster. If you don't have the balls to pick horses here, don't lower your status even further by cheaply after timing another poster.

Back on topic now lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Just as I'm posting to point out your failings, it's a pity you have only posted to shoot down another poster. If you don't have the balls to pick horses here, don't lower your status even further by cheaply after timing another poster.

After timing applies equally to pointing out achievements and failings, as it does the winning selections and losers.

Balance is good

Bookmaker trading list:
    Market movers

War Of The Pennys 9/16/1 3.05 Tipperary

Calin Du Brizais 9/211/4 4.20 Newton Abbot

Hongkong Adventure 7/15/1 4.40 Stratford

The Dukkerer 10/17/1 3.00 Redcar

The Otmoor Poet 16/110/1 4.40 Stratford

Blue Uluru 4/15/2 1.55 Fairyhouse

Keep an eye on these today.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Merlin44

good start blue elriu

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Mr Murphy

13:55 AYR - Tough Remedy @6/1
    15:05 AYR - Dark Defender @ 4/1
    15:40 AYR - Bernies Boy @ 9/1
    16:40 AYR - Barwell @ 9/4 ( Royal Reagent at 13/2 racing also , tough choice. For me )

18:55 Beverly - The Nazca Lines @9/2
    19:25 Beverly - KateBird @ 5/1

18:45 Windsor - Jive Talking @ 11/4

What do you guys think, opinions?

Bookmaker trading list:
    Market movers

Whats The Plot 9/111/4 7.35 Ballinrobe

Berengaria 11/19/2 4.40 Ayr

Atletico 15/89/10 7.45 Windsor

Muirsheen Durkin 9/22/1 7.55 Beverley

Dragons Voice 7/27/4 8.45 Windsor

Ronaldinho 11/16/1 3.20 Cartmel

Marble Mist 14/17/1 5.25 Cartmel

Keep an eye on these today. As I said its only a guide.

Pettochside 7 45 Windsor was to be my ew bet today on a track that suits well and going that also suits,as often happens one was withdrawn but I still think the horse is worth a bet at 7/1.

Its unusual to see Suroor stick one straight into a run of the mill handicap as he has done with Golden Goal in the 9 oc at Chelmsford,i thought this one might be better class than these so perhaps he wants a penalty for Golden Goal to get into one of the good handicaps coming up.

At the risk of getting a childish thanks from a troll if my racing selections lose here are my two bets today.

Danot ew 6/1 5 45 and Chancery 9/1 ew 6 45,both at Leic.PP paying 4 places,in the shops at least on the 5 45.Chancery is hard to win with but the soft ground and stiff track may enable him to get his head in front.

• Advertisement

I BACKED Johnnie Barnes ew in a handicap a week ago and he was eased once his chance was gone but still finished 3rd with 6 lengths back to the 4th horse.

He runs in the 3 oc at Newbury on Saturday and I backed him at 33/1 with PP ew today,has run well in group races in the past and John Gosden would hardly persevere with the 5 year old entire if there was not a few handicaps to won with the horse.

The booking of William Buick is a plus and a few quid ew might pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Cascar Cavcha 14-1 8.00

5 places this race with PP
    I like this one a lot. On bottom weight and finished a half length off of Cloudy Miss who will be one of the well fancied ones here.
    I think with 5 places it can turn a profit I hope.

Bookmaker trading list:
    Early market movers.

Clemency.  13/2. To 4/1 4.15 Uttoxeter

Red Galileo.  12/1. To 8/1 3.55 Ascot

Gold Star.  5/1. To 3/1 6.10 Newmarket

Oscar's Song.  7/2. To 5/2 2.00 Uttoxeter

Ballygrooby Bertie.  25/1. To 16/1 7.35 Wexford

Another Day Of Sun.  13/2. Too 5/1 7.10 Newmarket

Hey Bob.  14/1. To 10/1 2.30 Uttoxeter

Few quid overnight for these, have a look see how they go today, a couple of interesting ones aswell.

I BACKED Johnnie Barnes ew in a handicap a week ago and he was eased once his chance was gone but still finished 3rd with 6 lengths back to the 4th horse.

He runs in the 3 oc at Newbury on Saturday and I backed him at 33/1 with PP ew today,has run well in group races in the past and John Gosden would hardly persevere with the 5 year old entire if there was not a few handicaps to won with the horse.

The booking of William Buick is a plus and a few quid ew might pay off.

Was out the back for most of the race until running on well for 4th,should win a decent handicap before very long and could probably do with an extra furong and I will happily play up today's winnings when next he runs.

Artful Artist 4/1 should win for Tony Martin in the 5 55 at Galway,has course form and was a very eyecatching 7th last time when moving through the field.

Martin's horses running well again and he and his owners love to win here and I make this a strong bet.

Another that is sure to run well is Thunder Speed in the 7 05 and could well be a lot shorter than the 8/1 available now.Lightly raced and sure to improve was given an easy time of it when running on for 4th last time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Off-topic posts moved to own thread in the main forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭green n gold

Galway 7.40 Sir Ector @ 66/1 Bet365. This one hasn't delivered on its early promise, won a november handicap off 100 a few years back and races now off 85 and another 3lbs claimed off. Been a long time since it has won a race, but showed encouraging signs on its latest hurdling 2nd placing and a decent staying on third at the curragh prior to that. Trip and ground should be perfect, draw not ideal, but it will be not too inconvenienced as it tends to finish its races staying on from behind anyway. Might be worth a speculative few euros e.w.
    Ruth Carrs two in wolves might be worth a wee double tonight too 6:50 Favourite Treat @ 6/1 & 7.25 Bogsnog @11/2

Well that was a 66/1 shot for a reason, never got into the race. Mrs Carrs two both looked to have great chances until they both went out like a light in the last furlong.

Artful Artist 4/1 should win for Tony Martin in the 5 55 at Galway,has course form and was a very eyecatching 7th last time when moving through the field.

Martin's horses running well again and he and his owners love to win here and I make this a strong bet.

Another that is sure to run well is Thunder Speed in the 7 05 and could well be a lot shorter than the 8/1 available now.Lightly raced and sure to improve was given an easy time of it when running on for 4th last time.

Its a good job I had the bet with PP otherwise I would have done the dosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭munster87

What were PP doing on the race?

Ah sorry just the extra place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

4 places

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement