Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

4 places

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

munster87 wrote: »
    What were PP doing on the race?

Ah sorry just the extra place

4th place was available online and in the offices which was a bit unusual,lucky for me as I backed the horse yesterday evening online and I would still have had the bet if only 3 places as I knew I was getting a better price than I would get this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

4th place was available online and in the offices which was a bit unusual,lucky for me as I backed the horse yesterday evening online and I would still have had the bet if only 3 places as I knew I was getting a better price than I would get this morning.

Cheers Zimmer, haven't done a bet suggested in here in many months and took your fancy on-board. Still saw profit even if I was late.

Survived yesterday and got a bit of profit through placed horses.Galway too competitive today,3 tough maidens and 3 tougher handicaps so giving it a miss unless I hear something.

Qewy 22/1 could run well in the 3 35 Goodwood.
    Suedois is 40/1 for the 3 oc Goodwood and can outrun his price on ground that will suit.
    Lincoln Rocks 10 or 12/1 can run well in the 5 15 Goodwood despite carrying more than 10 stone.

The above 3 horses could provide a bit of fun for small stakes ew.

My main bets run at Beverly,in the 5 30 where John Caesar has only Rubis to beat imo and Graceful Act who has the fav Indian Chief but with the best lady rider on board can win at 4/1.

Two that interest me at Yarmouth are The Yellow Bus who won recently and can repay ew support in the 3 oc. Its hard to believe that this filly was 2nd to Minding and 2nd to Diamond Fields (2 group 1 horses) not too long ago!! 13/2 is a good price.

Highland Acclaim 15/2 is worth a bet in the 5 oc Yarmouth,not an easy ride but beat Huntsmans Close a hd last time and on the same terms can win again at around 8/1 an ew bet.
    I will do a few ew multiples today in the hope of putting a few winners together and getting a bit of a touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,892 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

3.0 spirit of valour 15/2 ew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I like Sbraase in the 8.40

I think this shorter trip should increase it's chances to at least place.
    Hasn't had a race that suit it recently, this suits it I feel.

28-1 ew pp

2.5 pt ew on MARSHALL JENNINGS in the 19.40. Also like the look of TONY THE GENT in the same race.

Vintage Vinnie 33-1 ew in the 5.35 for me

5 places pp

Vintage Vinnie 33-1 ew in the 5.35 for me

5 places pp

A TOI PHIL for me.

New Identity makes the trip to F LAS for little known trainer J Martin and has come down a long way in the weights,down in trip this mudlark can win tonight 5/1 lads.

Major Jumbo,also a mud lover can win the 5 20 at Goodwood for in-form trainer Kevin Ryan.Backing both ew and an ew double and will content myself with watching the ultra competitive puzzles at Galway.

• Advertisement

Major Jumbo,also a mud lover can win the 5 20 at Goodwood for in-form trainer Kevin Ryan.Backing both ew and an ew double and will content myself with watching the ultra competitive puzzles at Galway.

NR

I was gonna follow these as you were saving me a bit of time pointing out the mudlarks
    I stayed away from goodwood yesterday when I seen the state of it and it was the best move I've made all week

2.50 knockmaole boy 7/2 went ew
    2.25 endless time 5/2
    3.0 cardsharp 5/2
    singles/treble/accum (@715/1 :P)

took airlie beach ew at 12s in the hurdle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

In a slightly whimsical approach, today am just looking to pick out a few 'nice names' with a 'nice aul sound to them',
    similar to what this lady over in Cheshire did yesterday.

--nicenames.png

wild irish rose @11, or
    dawn horizons @10

headway @5 or
    green power @13

SoMiDar @5 or
    Hydrangea @13

Veejay @8 or
    Poets Prince @8

Ripley @6

Intense Romance @5 or
    Carlton Frankie @7.5

Lovely bunch of names there.

HAVE TO GO EW ON
    Dinkumd Diamond here in next.
    5 plces PP
    20-1

New Identity makes the trip to F LAS for little known trainer J Martin and has come down a long way in the weights,down in trip this mudlark can win tonight 5/1 lads.

Fit for the Job must have a good chance in the 8 oc at Epsom,a winner off 88 in Ire was running off 72 when winning easily enough last time,up 4 lbs to 76 for tonights race there is good reason to believe he is improving and a line through Shifting Star suggests he is coming back to his old form.

If so he is a good bet and the fact that Fran Berry travels to Epsom to ride suggests he is expected to do the biz (his father is J Ps racing manager).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Nicely done
    Thanks Zimmer

Shane Kelly managed to get his way blocked twice before switching out and coming with a winning run,a well planned raid by his rookie trainer and I am very happy with the generous price of New Identity provided by Ladbrokes.

Lathom 7 20 Musselburgh has been disappointing and may seem the yards 2nd choice tonight but will be a good price around 10s and could drift as punters may be put off by the view that he is not entirely genuine,i will give him another chance ew.

Curzon (same out of form yard,horses running well but just not winning) runs in his first handicap and is likely to improve on what he has shown so an ew bet at around 8s in the7 50 Muss.

Profitable 2/1 is short enough for the 3 35 Goodwood but is best suited by the ground so should win.

Shymkent has topweight in the 5 15 Goodwood and this lightly raced horse has won on the ground and a little ew at 14s/16s might pay off.

Show and Go 33/1 is worth a small ew in the 20 runner 6 15 in the hope he lasts home on grount that will suit,from a good yard I cant be certain he will get the trip but I will chance a tenner ew with whatever bookie is going 5 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Lathom 7 20 Musselburgh has been disappointing and may seem the yards 2nd choice tonight but will be a good price around 10s and could drift as punters may be put off by the view that he is not entirely genuine,i will give him another chance ew.

Curzon (same out of form yard,horses running well but just not winning) runs in his first handicap and is likely to improve on what he has shown so an ew bet at around 8s in the7 50 Muss.

Profitable 2/1 is short enough for the 3 35 Goodwood but is best suited by the ground so should win.

Shymkent has topweight in the 5 15 Goodwood and this lightly raced horse has won on the ground and a little ew at 14s/16s might pay off.

Show and Go 33/1 is worth a small ew in the 20 runner 6 15 in the hope he lasts home on grount that will suit,from a good yard I cant be certain he will get the trip but I will chance a tenner ew with whatever bookie is going 5 places.

Zimmer, With Pleasure won this evening, would have been very unlucky if he didn't get up on the post...

I saw that,however I was not on him.I usually stick with one for a reasonable time but I had given up on this fella.

• Advertisement

No winner today but had a couple at good prices unlucky not to place. Plenty of open racing sat and while I should know better I do like a bet on the Stewards Cup,3 35 Goodwood, with 28 runners to contend with and the draw to take into account,i figure that high or low gives one a chance.

I am backing Raucous drawn 26,has run in a few group 3s and has good form in big field sprints and ran a very good race to finish 3rd over CD this time last year.

I am fairly confident of a good run and at 18/1 is worth an ew bet,has a touch of class and goes on any ground.

On the same card Saigon City is worth an interest in the 2 25,improved for the step up to a mile six last time and at around 8/1 is a bit of value.

It is only a matter of time until OMeara's horses enjoy a bit of luck and Rousayan 12/1 and Fayez 8/1 have realistic chances in the 4 oc and 4 35 at Thirsk and Salateen can make all in the 4 25 at Newmarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dollseyes

Small trixie for me today

The wagon wheel
    To eternity
    Mainstream

Molans Mare 16-1 4.25

I like this off bottom weight.
    Ran on really well last time over this trip
    5 places pp
    lil ew for me

Aussie Wind is 8 lb worse off for 3/4 of a length with Ibn Al Emarat compared to when they last met and yet is 4/1 to turn the tables over a longer trip which could suit.Beringer could possibly beat them both,but in receipt of weight I backed Ibn Al Emarat ew.

Aussie Wind is 8 lb worse off for 3/4 of a length with Ibn Al Emarat compared to when they last met and yet is 4/1 to turn the tables over a longer trip which could suit.Beringer could possibly beat them both,but in receipt of weight I backed Ibn Al Emarat ew.

Came wide to challenge off the final bend but had given the winner too much of a lead so its money back,though I think he should have won.

The step up to a mile and a half looks like suiting Satish in the 6 20 at Newcastle,i expect it to be running on at the finish and I backed it ew at 4s

It seems the trip was too long and me thinking it would suit,only backed one other today,High End in the 8 40 WOL and I this one gets beat it will be an expensive day and not for the first time I am relying on Godolphin to put me in good form as I head out for drink at 9 tonight.

Even a 6/4 winner can can have a good effect on the mind as well as the pocket,the beers will taste all the sweeter.Godolphin to the rescue once more,i would advise anyone to look at Suroors stats with two and three year olds on the AW and Wol in particular,particularly when fancied.

Moseley ew is my only bet today against the odds on fav in the 1 50 Wolverhampton gelded since getting bogged down in the mud last time I would prefer 6 furlongs but with Suroors record here he can not be out of the first 3 barring accidents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

5.15 Ffos Las
    Prussian Eagle

This is set to bolt in today, off a while but local handler Evan Williams readys one for the track they win. I received this info from an online contact who is 5 from 6 in premium bets so I thought Id stick this up, Im on at 6's but hes plummeted in the betting now to near 7-2, 3s, so have a few bob on if ye like.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement