Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Leshlaa ran a blinder when drawn on the wrong side in a very hot handicap at Goodwood in finishing 5th when drawn 19,the3 first 2 home were drawn 3 and 1,ran well again in a hot Newmarket handicap last time in 4th when the 1 mile two furlongs may have been too far for him.

Big money at stake tonight in the 7 10 at Chelmsford and Edward Greatrix takes off 3 lbs and has a 50% strike rate for Suroor,the draw could have been better (15) but this fellow is better than a handicap and 3 year olds are worth a bit extra in handicaps this time of year and I have have had a decent ew bet.

Golden Goal is 2 from 2 here and Suroor can get the double up with Martin Harley on board

The draw and the way the race panned out did not suit Leshlaa and perhaps because I think he will win good races I allowed myself to believe he could overcome the draw and I hope to recover losses in the near future,probably on turf,Golden Goal was just not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

The draw and the way the race panned out did not suit Leshlaa and perhaps because I think he will win good races I allowed myself to believe he could overcome the draw and I hope to recover losses in the near future,probably on turf,Golden Goal was just not good enough.

He was coming with a run but all avenues were blocked off and had to be pulled and that was the end of that unfortunately....

Would only have been placed imo and his mark will not go up,may even go down a pound or two so one to follow .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Jsmac67

T2 in the 18:04 is the subject of a very big gamble, opened 5/1 immediately into 5/2. Get on while you can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Windy Ridge 1804 Belle vue

Is that the one?

abarkie wrote: »
    Windy Ridge 1804 Belle vue

Is that the one?

That's her

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Jsmac67 wrote: »
    That's her

won @2/1 nice spot

razorhead wrote: »
    won @2/1 nice spot

Was on at 5's, hope a few got on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Spencer to give karam Albari one of his typical patient rides in the last and hopefully come through late to win at kempton in the last at 25/1

• Advertisement

Good competitive racing Saturday and I fancy a few decent priced horses.

Ripon 2 30 Singeur is getting on in years but won twice last year and is still capable of winning good races.Danny Tudhope rides even though his stable has one in the race,Tudhope has ridden this one 11 or 12 times over the years and has won 5 times and been placed a few times on the horse and at 18/1 PP is worth a bet ew,5 places Lads and PP.

Tudhope rides the smart Out Do in the big race and despite being near the top of the weights can repay ew support I this cavalry charge as he has plenty of form in big field sprints such as this,runs at 3 15 and around 12-14/1 5 places.

I was tempted to give up on Rousayan but on examination his form is still solid enough and he continues to drop in the weights,he was rated 87 when beaten 3/4 of length in this last year and a few weeks later was off 88 when 5th of 17 here in a good handicap,now off 80 he can win this,the 5 oc and at 10/1 is a strong ew bet.

Fire Leopard bolted by 6 lengths when well backed last Saturday over cd and can go in again at a short price in the 5 35.

I suggested Johnny Barnes as a bet on his last 2 runs in top company and we got the place money each time and I am backing him again in the 4 10 at Doncaster despite top weight,ran a blinder in two big field handicaps this year inc a 4th of 21 at Ascot last time and will find this much easier.

Finally Royal Reserve in the 5 20 Don might continue the recent good run of OMeara and is worth a few quid ew at around 8 or 9/1.

I see Rousayan has been well backed in the 5 oc Ripon,it will not be known what effect the draw will have in the 2 40 and 3 15 until after the 2 40,i have always felt that high or low is not a problem in the big sprints at Ripon and I am happy that Singeur has a chance (now 20s) and bearing in mind how competitive they are small stakes are advised.In the 2 40 Bossipop is fav and while he does act on good ground he has never won anything but soft,good to soft or heavy.

In the 4 10 at Don having backed Johnny Barnes I am having a small ew saver on Fort Bastion though he has not run for 219 days,would have a chance if fully fit and at 20s a small ew saver is a must for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Baroness ran on really well into 5th in its first race, has its second run today over same c&d.
    It should go close here

7-2 PP

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Classic Seniority 3.15 25-1

Liking this to compete here.
    Good ew price at 25-1 PP 5 places.
    Ran 10th in the Qatar Stewards’ Cup Handicap (Heritage Handicap) last time out,
    3.5 lengths off winner. I think it can place here.

Jsmac67 wrote: »
    Was on at 5's, hope a few got on

10.25 Belle Vue, Drumcrow Chris will win.

He's been hammered in and is short, but it's five star. 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭gillamandango

Some drift before the off 8/13 --> 6/4 and well beaten. Never mind, still up on the one you tipped the other night

Some drift before the off 8/13 --> 6/4 and well beaten. Never mind, still up on the one you tipped the other night

Provincial meeting, some 365 prices update to trackside prices before the off, happens alot really. 365 slash odds to minimise livability is all.

Lame left apparently, never loses when leads out and did lead out. Nature of the game I suppose!

Declaration of Peace looks the one to be on in a poor enough field or the group 2 contest at the Curragh 2. 45 is a good enough price at 3/1,disappointed at Ascot and can bounce back here after a reasonable run in a group 1 over further when the outsider of Obriens 3.Should be suited by the drop back in trip and should beat the promising Goodthingstaketime who could run better than his price.

The listed race at 4oc at Pontefract should be won by Queen Kindly who is the best horse in the race on form and is value at 9/4

Declaration of Peace looks the one to be on in a poor enough field or the group 2 contest at the Curragh 2. 45 is a good enough price at 3/1,disappointed at Ascot and can bounce back here after a reasonable run in a group 1 over further when the outsider of Obriens 3.Should be suited by the drop back in trip and should beat the promising Goodthingstaketime who could run better than his price.

The listed race at 4oc at Pontefract should be won by Queen Kindly who is the best horse in the race on form and is value at 9/4

Declaration of Peace non runner and a bit of place money from Goodthingstaketime who was slowly away and probably should have won,will probably run inn two weeks time at the big Curragh meeting and worth keeping an eye on.Queen Kindly did enough to win and the 9/4 was much appreciated.

I posted the reasons for backing these 3 horses in a lengthy post that would not be accepted because of an error or a wrong token,that was put up in a message and I am not going to rewrite the whole thing again.So here is a shortened version.
    The 3 horses suggested are ew prices and have realistic chances in competitive handicaps.

Bubbly Bellini 6 10 Roscommon,loves the ground and well handicapped 13/2.
    Athenry Boy 8 10 Roscommon beat Detailed lto and Detailed bolted up by 6 lengths at the Curragh in a handicap a couple of weeks ago,i backed the fav in this lto Dara Tango who will win many more races but may find the trip a bit short.At around 6/1Athenry Boy can win again.

Mon Beau Visage beat the fav in the 3 15 at Thirsk last May by 5 1/2 lengths,they meet on the same terms and at 15/2 Mon Beau is the value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Roscommon is off. The one f.....g meeting that I had a bit of info on.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

I posted the reasons for backing these 3 horses in a lengthy post that would not be accepted because of an error or a wrong token,that was put up in a message and I am not going to rewrite the whole thing again.So here is a shortened version.
    The 3 horses suggested are ew prices and have realistic chances in competitive handicaps.

Bubbly Bellini 6 10 Roscommon,loves the ground and well handicapped 13/2.
    Athenry Boy 8 10 Roscommon beat Detailed lto and Detailed bolted up by 6 lengths at the Curragh in a handicap a couple of weeks ago,i backed the fav in this lto Dara Tango who will win many more races but may find the trip a bit short.At around 6/1Athenry Boy can win again.

Mon Beau Visage beat the fav in the 3 15 at Thirsk last May by 5 1/2 lengths,they meet on the same terms and at 15/2 Mon Beau is the value.

Excellent shout with MBV zimmer! Well spotted and great price. Had a few quid on at 8-1. He won very well! :)

Hamish McGonagain has a 6 lbs penalty for winning lto and can win again tonight in the 7 40 at Yarmouth with 7 lb claimer in the saddle.He has a good turn of foot and can come from behind or lay up with the pace and is my best bet for today.

Multicultural is all the rage for the 7 10 at Yarmouth at 11/10--1/1 and if there is any improvement to come could win,however Fieldsman comes out slightly ahead on a line through Hajjam involving Call Me Grumpy.

There should not be much between the pair and at the price Fieldsman is the value with De Sousa on board.A rev forecast might give a return as the race looks between them.The lightly raced Multicurtural may come in for a lot of support and Fieldsman might drift to an ew price and become more interesting as he did win off 87 last may and races off 79 today for a stable on fire.

Hamish McGonagain drifted to 7/2 in LADS so I backed it ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Good luck with Hamish but couldn't follow at the price. Any opinions on York tomorrow? I'm thinking of backing out do in the 1.55 and wells fahr go in the 2.25. Might have a little bet on my dream boat in the big race. He has a lot to find on form but 50-1 or bigger is tempting in a first time visor ;)

You were right about Hamish though he saw more of the whip than felt it and was tenderly handled for another day despite being in a good position for most of the race,he will repay the kindness.

Re York,i cant back anything in the first,i could pick 6 and not have one placed.Any of OMeara's 4 could win and a lot of luck is required.

I have backed OBrien's Fleet Review in the 2 25,ran well last time but ran even better in his previous race when getting the better of the highly regarded Goodthingstaketime (who was given too much to do in a good race last weekend and is fancied to win in the Champions weekend extravaganza),the 3rd in that race who was beaten 7 lengths over 5 furlongs came out at the weekend and won,4/1 is generous enough.

I may back Barney Roi to beat Churchill in the 3 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

York Day 1:

1.55 Moviesta + amomentofmadness

2.25 Fleet Review

3.00 Mirage Dancer

3.35 Ulysses

4.15 Euchen Glen

4.50 Kalagia + Red Roman

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

3.00 York Mirage Dancer (NAP)

Mirage Dancer has had just the three runs so far, improving from his maiden win when a promising fourth at Chester, and taking another big step forward last time when beaten just over a length in the Hampton Court at Royal Ascot. The winner swept by him at the furlong pole, but was staying on well again close home, suggesting that while his breeding indicates eight to ten furlongs might be his optimum, this trip should suit him well. He still looked a little green at Ascot, and his trainer is renowned for getting sustained improvement from similar types. Given he doesn't have much to find with Cracksman on form he looks to have a great chance here.

Mirage Dancer looks very big at 5-1 here, and given he also has a solid look to him, it's worth adding the place part of the bet, but for anyone backing on the exchanges, the win part is also very good value on it's own. A sure each way bet to nothing for me and I fancy him so much so I have him as my best bet on the card.

The ground has changed at York and we now need to look at horses who will act on soft.

A few offers by PP are worth taking into account before we place our bets,today they were money back as a free bet if 2nd 3rd or 4th in the 3 oc ,and 3 places in the 7 runner 3 35 York.
    Only 6 ran in the 3 oc and the 2 outsiders were 5th and 6th so anyone who did not fancy the fav had a good chance of getting a free bet to their stake up to 25 euro.

Same offer on the 2 25 applies Thur and I am having a few quid on Threading,who slaughtered the field on soft ground 3 weeks ago and can step up in class.

The 3 oc is a very tough handicap and I am backing last year's winner Firmament at 18/1 5 places PP.Has a lot of weight but always runs well in these big handicaps and has run very well on the few occasions he ran on soft.The yard run 2 others but this the best of them imo and worth an ew punt and course and distance form is a plus.

• Advertisement

Johnny Murtagh sends 3 to Chep Pashionatta 2 35,Full Court Press 5 15 and Camyra 5 45 .

All three have chances,particularly Full Court Press11/1 5 15 and Camyra 10/1 5 45.

Murtagh should not leave emptyhanded and the last two mentioned are realistic ew bets.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement