Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,892 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

like threading also and have gone ew at 5/1 (a win with 365 will cover the ronald r bet)
    took nezwaah w/o enable 7/4 bet365

I'll give ronald r one more chance in the 3.0 at 15/2 ew, plenty of 10s last night on that one
    whispered kiss ew in the last also at 15/2
    did a monster acca/fourfold with tangled in the first also and a double of nezwaah w/o and threading at 15.5/1

good luck all

mailburner wrote: »
    like threading also and have gone ew at 5/1 (a win with 365 will cover the ronald r bet)
    took nezwaah w/o enable 7/4 bet365

I'll give ronald r one more chance in the 3.0 at 15/2 ew, plenty of 10s last night on that one
    whispered kiss ew in the last also at 15/2
    did a monster acca/fourfold with tangled in the first also and a double of nezwaah w/o and threading at 15.5/1

good luck all

smallest stake and least fancied one for me wins, rest should be plain sailing now :P

2 down 3 to go

ronald is some pig to be fair to him lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Harwood Volante has a chance in the 6 10 Hamilton,his last run can be ignored as he was drawn on the wrong side and totally unfancied.

Has the form to win here an acts on the course,which is a good test and the ground.I have a few quid ew at 7s.

1jtezt.jpg

gone ew at 4/1 (most worried about la rav) hard to see it out of the frame

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/york/16:50/winner

mojito place
    lady aurelia w/o
    thomas hobson place
    13/2 pp

looks nailed on to me but there's always one that'll do ya.
    took a win trixie also

• Advertisement

Fleetwood Jack 6 35 Ham is steadily improving and might be good enough to win tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

1jtezt.jpg

Had him doubled with dream today! Saved me week! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Fleetwood Jack 6 35 Ham is steadily improving and might be good enough to win tonight.

Did it ridiculously easily in the end. Did you have word for him?

1jtezt.jpg

how easy was that :)

Mondialiste is my biggest bet of the week,won this 2 years ago and only just touched off last time out this has been his target for a while.

Only comes to hand around this time of the year ,last 5 wins came in july august and September,Mondialiste is fit and fancied strongly.I have backed it in a few PP shops today and will do so again in the morning.

I hope Mustashry goes off fav as PP are money back as a free bet if 2nd to the fav and we must take advantage of any offers.I could put this in the tips thread as I am told he is in the form of his life and expected to win.

• Advertisement

The Ebor is a race I always liked and classier horses are winning now compared to ten years ago,threeyear olds cant get into it now because they are not rated high enough.

I believe Battersea has been laid out for it having finished 4th last year off 2 lbs higher and Varian puts up a good 5lb claimer in David Egan and at 10/1 is value.

It is of interest that Danny Tudhope misses the last two races at York given that his yard have runners to go to Redcar where he has 5 rides,3 for his boss, Mon Beau Visage who won lto 6 25,Clenymistra,who also won lto 7 25,and States Residence 7 55. he also rides in the 5 55 and the 6 55.

Tudhope is in good form,will go anywhere for winners and it is likely he will ride a few in Redcar.

Mondialiste is my biggest bet of the week,won this 2 years ago and only just touched off last time out this has been his target for a while.

Only comes to hand around this time of the year ,last 5 wins came in july august and September,Mondialiste is fit and fancied strongly.I have backed it in a few PP shops today and will do so again in the morning.

I hope Mustashry goes off fav as PP are money back as a free bet if 2nd to the fav and we must take advantage of any offers.I could put this in the tips thread as I am told he is in the form of his life and expected to win.

Of course I meant to write money back if 2nd 3rd or 4th to the fav in the 1 55 York and that is why it would be nice if Mustashry goes off fav.

Johnny Barnes has delivered the place money at big prices in his last two races and this strong finishing horse can repay support in the big Goodwood handicap at 2 45 if the gaps open in time 5 places 9/1 Lads and PP.

also a fan of mondialiste, already took 5/4 two places with skyb

7/2 in a few places, hoping one of them boost it to 4s, prob wont happen

edit, Got 4/1 bet 365...Back any single winner at 4/1 or more on any race televised live on ITV Racing and you can have a risk free bet to the same stake (up to £50*) on the next race broadcast live on ITV Racing
    good offer that, 2.10 goodw the race in question when mondialiste romps in

4.10 bengali boys 7/2

Mondialiste a total let down,couldnt even finish 4th for the money back.

Johnny Barnes who I tipped here twice before and was placed at big prices both times came good today at 9s for me and anyone who took the hint that Tudhope was leaving York early to go to Redcar should be happy as he has ridden Mon Beau Visage to victory and has just landed a gamble on Insurplus.

Happily I am well ahead on the day and if Tudhope rides another winner at Redcar it will really be a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,551 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Fair fecks to ya Zimmer. Did an e/w L31. Pity he couldn't hold on in the 7:25.

Mondialiste a total let down,couldnt even finish 4th for the money back.

Johnny Barnes who I tipped here twice before and was placed at big prices both times came good today at 9s for me and anyone who took the hint that Tudhope was leaving York early to go to Redcar should be happy as he has ridden Mon Beau Visage to victory and has just landed a gamble on Insurplus.

Happily I am well ahead on the day and if Tudhope rides another winner at Redcar it will really be a good day.
    Good man Danny,two for the boss OMeara and one outside ride and that explains why he did not stay in York to ride Bravery,a nice end to the day and now for some refreshments.

Despite giving a good lump to the enemy due to Mondialiste's bad run the day turned out very well.

I am going to stick with Omeara again today,the very disappointing Rousayan is dropped into a Claiming race today,the 1 55 Beverly,should be able to win this but the fact that the trainer has him in this suggests that he has given up hope of getting him back to his best.

He could win this if anywhere like his former self but I think I will leave him alone,i could have backed him at 7s last night and 9/2 is a bit skinny though he could find this grade a little easier but I will not be on.

I have backed Royal Reserve in the 3 40,Omeara should know where he stands with fav Maori Bob who beat Omeara's Alphabetical Order (runs here today) last time.Royal Reserve has 10 stone 2 to carry but is not long with Omeara and can continue to progress and win today.

Salateen runs in the Group 3 at 4 30 in Goodwood and this track might suit the front runner who is sometimes just caught close home when trying to make all.Goodwood is sharp like Epsom and if Philip Makin can keep a bit in reserve today Salateen can last home,at the price 9 or 10/1 he is worth a little ew with the stable in such good form.

I am going to stick with Omeara again today,the very disappointing Rousayan is dropped into a Claiming race today,the 1 55 Beverly,should be able to win this but the fact that the trainer has him in this suggests that he has given up hope of getting him back to his best.

He could win this if anywhere like his former self but I think I will leave him alone,i could have backed him at 7s last night and 9/2 is a bit skinny though he could find this grade a little easier but I will not be on.

I have backed Royal Reserve in the 3 40,Omeara should know where he stands with fav Maori Bob who beat Omeara's Alphabetical Order (runs here today) last time.Royal Reserve has 10 stone 2 to carry but is not long with Omeara and can continue to progress and win today.

Salateen runs in the Group 3 at 4 30 in Goodwood and this track might suit the front runner who is sometimes just caught close home when trying to make all.Goodwood is sharp like Epsom and if Philip Makin can keep a bit in reserve today Salateen can last home,at the price 9 or 10/1 he is worth a little ew with the stable in such good form.

One other bet today in the ladies invitational handicap 4 55 Curragh Emily Square,she has been making steady improvement over hurdles and on the flat always running on at the finish.If the rider makes more use of her today she can win,she stays further and if not given too much to do should be hard to beat and a 5s is a very good ew bet.
    A good rider is worth a lot in these races and McCutcheon knows the time of day.

• Advertisement

Sometimes it is hard to be a punter,as I watched Rousayan waltz home at 2/1 thinking I could have had 7/1 last night or 9/2 this morning in my local betting shop I heard a punter shouting him home and he turned to his mates saying"i knew he would win,he was a great horse a while back he won 2 or 3 maidens!"

Sometimes it is hard to be a punter,as I watched Rousayan waltz home at 2/1 thinking I could have had 7/1 last night or 9/2 this morning in my local betting shop I heard a punter shouting him home and he turned to his mates saying"i knew he would win,he was a great horse a while back he won 2 or 3 maidens!"

it's surprising you don't have online accounts, some lads I know don't have them as they have no control which is understandable

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dollseyes

Cheers Zimmer! Nice tipping.

it's surprising you don't have online accounts, some lads I know don't have them as they have no control which is understandable
    Of course I have online accounts (actually one, PP) but a lot of the deals are in offices,i get 1/4 odds all handicaps singles and multiples and guaranteed prices all multiples in Lads between 12 and 2 and that makes a huge difference to me as an ew punter.

I seldom bet on any" live ones"using my online account it is for convenience.

I live where there are many betting shops and know a few punters who are well informed and we help each other out placing bets and sharing info.

Plenty racing mon due to bank holiday in the UK.

Epsom stage the Amateurs Derby for which Hollywood Road is fav despite never having run further than a mile 2,if he stays 1 mile 4 he has a good chance but I would rather back Whinging Willie ew as he knows his way around here and was not suited by the ground last time.Tobouggaloo should also run well but WILLIE is the value.

Breanski 2 45 Ripon is an ew bet at 15/2 PP,not suited by the soft at Ayr last time has a chance in a modest race.
    The best race on the Ripon card is the 3 55 where I expect Home Cummins to win,5/1 with PP I think he should be fav he was 2nd of 19 in a class 2 handicap,3rd behind G K Chesterton over 8 1/2 furlongs at Epsom,2nd over cd behind Tapis Libre is very good form and he ran 6th in this race last year btn 2 1/4 lengths off 92.
    One that I will have a small saver on is Kharbetation,last on the AW last time but heavily backed on previous run when back after a year off was 3 lengths behind Home Cummins and is now 5 lbs better off.Lightly raced will win very soon.

I Posted two horses for the abandoned Roscommon meeting which is now being run on mon.

So briefly,Bubbly Bellini loves it soft and might defy top weight in the 6 oc.6/1

Athenry Boy is one I fancy to beat the fav Dara Tango in the 8oc,Athenry Boy beat Detailed 1/2 a length in a good Galway handicap and Detailed has come out and ran away with a handicap, beating Pearl of the West 6 and a 1/2 lengths at the Curragh.Dara Tango is a good horse but at 7/1 Athenry Boy is the ew value.

Finally All for Nothing goes on another raid from Ireland for the 5 35 race at Ripon and can win for his shrewd connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

I Posted two horses for the abandoned Roscommon meeting which is now being run on mon.

So briefly,Bubbly Bellini loves it soft and might defy top weight in the 6 oc.6/1

Athenry Boy is one I fancy to beat the fav Dara Tango in the 8oc,Athenry Boy beat Detailed 1/2 a length in a good Galway handicap and Detailed has come out and ran away with a handicap, beating Pearl of the West 6 and a 1/2 lengths at the Curragh.Dara Tango is a good horse but at 7/1 Athenry Boy is the ew value.

Finally All for Nothing goes on another raid from Ireland for the 5 35 race at Ripon and can win for his shrewd connections.

Hi Zimmer, do you sleep at all? Thanks for all your contributions, keep up the good work. Lake Volta should be winning the 4.30 Ripon

Lord Clenaghcastle is plenty short at 11/8,having won its last 2 races impressively it was a shock to read he had been gelded as I did not see any sign of waywardness in its last run.

A contact told me today the sale of the horse to Japan is under negotian and if this is the case the horse will certainly be trying to be as impressive as possible and perhaps he was "cut"to help him concentrate a bit more.

York Thoroughbred Racing's distinctive maroon colours with blue arm bands are carried in the first at Muss 2 oc Wed,while I am a member of the syndicate who registered those colours I have nothing to do with Three Saints Bay who runs in the colours (the horse is managed by the person who manages our syndicate).

I would like to see them cross the line first all the same,only beaten a head first time out in an ordinary enough race,Three Saints Bay is fancied to go one better this time.

• Advertisement

Redicean is interesting in the 2 40 at Ripon today, beaten 11 and 1/2 lengths last time when fading in the last couple of furlongs over 1 mile 6 when a 33/1 shot in a very valuable £63,000
    handicap.

That was his 2nd run for current trainer and his previous run in a good little handicap over 10 furlongs suggested todays trip should be perfect for the horse who was a winner for previous trainer P Chapple Hyam and being a 3 year old has plenty of improvement to come,11/2 most places.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement