Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Redicean is interesting in the 2 40 at Ripon today, beaten 11 and 1/2 lengths last time when fading in the last couple of furlongs over 1 mile 6 when a 33/1 shot in a very valuable £63,000
    handicap.

That was his 2nd run for current trainer and his previous run in a good little handicap over 10 furlongs suggested todays trip should be perfect for the horse who was a winner for previous trainer P Chapple Hyam and being a 3 year old has plenty of improvement to come,11/2 most places.

Race is 3.10 for those following at home

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

@Zimmer, Fleetwood Jack and Indian Chief should give a good account of themselves today?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

razorhead wrote: »
    @Zimmer, Fleetwood Jack and Indian Chief should give a good account of themselves today?

I did not see post until now was otherwise engaged and you were dead right about Fleetwood,i will draw the wrath of the aftertime police on me but the truth is I got a few quid from Fleetwood Jack a very easy winner last time and loves the ground.
    I have a few quid ew on Yensir though only 7 runners now,i Indian Chief is going back up in the weights and it is a tight little handicap.

Korbus has a chance of repeating last years win on the sand at Laytown at 7 05 and Bluff Crag in the 8 20 at Kempton has come into form and might be worth a few quid ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Had a bag of sand on myself!

Game by the balls!!!

I envy you,so erudite and articulate to boot!!.

• Advertisement

razorhead wrote: »

Well done I do hope you had the double,that was so easy for Indian Chief.Tudhope is getting some good rides from Rebecca Bastiman,i hope he is on board Saturday when I am in Thirsk.

Royal Reserve has Solo Mission (who looks sure to go off fav) to beat in the 8 25 Kem.

Ultra game and consistent he travels a long way for this race.Solo Mission looks the danger but I am not convinced his form is as good as Royal Reserves form and he has yet to run over 1 1/2 miles or race on the AW.

Solo Mission may prove a lot better in time but on the evidence so far it is Royal Reserve for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Royal Reserve has Solo Mission (who looks sure to go off fav) to beat in the 8 25 Kem.

Ultra game and consistent he travels a long way for this race.Solo Mission looks the danger but I am not convinced his form is as good as Royal Reserves form and he has yet to run over 1 1/2 miles or race on the AW.

Solo Mission may prove a lot better in time but on the evidence so far it is Royal Reserve for me.

Hugh Taylor pick this morning so id be certain there is little to no value in 9/4. If I fancied it id probably wait until opening show and see if theres a bit of juice in it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Nicely done, excellent ride by Harley to be fair.

Did not see the race,was playing golf today and dinner in the 19th after,the key for me was OMeara sending the horse to Kempton,the stable is in great form and I hope it continues as we prepare to see our little horse in Thirsk on Sat.

• Advertisement

So Beloved should win the 4 oc race at Haydock,it is a conditions race and So Beloved is favoured by the race conditions.The horse has run 3 first class races in the last couple of months and this race is a drop in class.

I was at the Curragh when he was a fast finishing 2nd Group 2 btn 1 3/4 lengths when a bit short of room,he was btn 1 1/2 lengths in a Group 3 at York and 1 1/4 lengths in a Group 2 at Goodwood.

Three very good runs on the trot and will be suited by ground and trip and dropping in class is a banker.

Taweedea from the same stable has been disappointing,seemed to be laid out for the Ebor and was first reserve but did not get in,has won off higher marks than 98 so might be worth an interest in the 4 35 also at Haydock.

Another Omeara horse that might be worth a little ew is Sunglider 10/1 in the 7 40 at Chelmsford,not beaten very far in his last 2 runs is rated 79 but has won off 77 and has a chance at a big price.

Maghfoor looked like winning a 2 mile race at Beverly last time only to drop away in the final 2 furlongs having led on the bit 2 out.Now down in trip should win the 8 10 for Godolphin.

Enjaaz was beaten into 2nd by the very useful Turnpike Trip last time and that was strong maiden form,the winner has won again since and Enjazz can make it a double for Godophin in the 9 10 at Chelmsford.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

so beloved terrible unfortunately

So Beloved should win the 4 oc race at Haydock,it is a conditions race and So Beloved is favoured by the race conditions.The horse has run 3 first class races in the last couple of months and this race is a drop in class.

I was at the Curragh when he was a fast finishing 2nd Group 2 btn 1 3/4 lengths when a bit short of room,he was btn 1 1/2 lengths in a Group 3 at York and 1 1/4 lengths in a Group 2 at Goodwood.

Three very good runs on the trot and will be suited by ground and trip and dropping in class is a banker.

Taweedea from the same stable has been disappointing,seemed to be laid out for the Ebor and was first reserve but did not get in,has won off higher marks than 98 so might be worth an interest in the 4 35 also at Haydock.

Another Omeara horse that might be worth a little ew is Sunglider 10/1 in the 7 40 at Chelmsford,not beaten very far in his last 2 runs is rated 79 but has won off 77 and has a chance at a big price.

Maghfoor looked like winning a 2 mile race at Beverly last time only to drop away in the final 2 furlongs having led on the bit 2 out.Now down in trip should win the 8 10 for Godolphin.

Enjaaz was beaten into 2nd by the very useful Turnpike Trip last time and that was strong maiden form,the winner has won again since and Enjazz can make it a double for Godophin in the 9 10 at Chelmsford.

No joy today,own back on Tawdeea and if Enjaaz wins it will mean a small loss.

Plenty of good racing on Saturday and cut in the ground most places will not suit a few horses and there might be a bit of value in opposing a few short ones.
    Alexios Komnenos is very well fancied by connections and won a group 3 when coming back from a break lto and is expected to win the 6 10 at Leopardstown,Suedios is a fav of mine and if staying the mile can bustle up Alexios at a good price,a bet without Alexios might be the job.

Blue Point,coming back from a break is a standout price at 14/1 with PP and I took it ew though the horse has never run on soft before.2 25 Haydock.I backed Tawdeea 2 days ago over a mile and a half and he ran on to get the place money without ever threatening the winner.If running in the 4 10 Haydock over an extra 2 furongs is worth an ew bet at 11/1.

Firmament has topweight in the 2 45 at Ascot and can play a part in this tough handicap just as he did last year when finishing 3rd,game and consistent Firmament deserves to win one of these big handicaps and is available at around 11/1.

At Thirsk,where I will be watching my 5% of Plata o Plomo try and win the 5 45 on ground that I hope does not become too soft for him,Chancery is given another chance in the 5 15,a c and d winner who has won off 98 in the past is thrown in off 82 if running to anywhere near his best and can be backed at 8/1 and will have no problem with the ground.

A handful of big priced horses that can be backed in ew multiples are my fancies for saturday.

Re the chance of Plata o Plomo,all reports are good the 5 45 has a few horses in it that are decent enough and our fellow will have to be smart to win it,i am guessing he will go off in front (though I hope he does not have to) and there is some concern that the ground may become soft,i am on already at 6s and I will wait for news tomorrow before deciding how much more to have on.

I may not be able to post here but if any of the regulars here pm me with their mobile numbers I will make sure to text a message that can be posted here and it will suggest the direction to take,on the other hand I may be able to post in a way that provides clarity as to the chances of the horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Can't sleep...........

See the Appleby newcomer DREAM WARRIOR (Ascot, 4:30) is available at 9/5 on Betfair.

Those with form don't look any great shakes and so wouldn't have to be up to much to win on debut I wouldn't have thought.

Think connections would be a touch disappointed if it doesn't anyway given his 575,000gns price tag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Can't sleep...........

See the Appleby newcomer DREAM WARRIOR (Ascot, 4:30) is available at 9/5 on Betfair.

Those with form don't look any great shakes and so wouldn't have to be up to much to win on debut I wouldn't have thought.

Think connections would be a touch disappointed if it doesn't anyway given his 575,000gns price tag.

Bookies tipped that one!

Ground is a worry for Plata o Plomo he likes to go off in front and not sure how stamina will stand up at the business end.Is fit and doing his best but as this is his first run for the yard we are not certain how the race will pan out.Ito would be nice if he could sit in behind Cowells horse and then kick on.I have reduced my bet but will still have a decent bet,I backed it ew last night when I thought we had 8 runners and if we hear anything of the others at the track I will be on here again.we are hopeful of a result but cannot be more confident as the rain is bucketing down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭droidman123

Some serious money being lost here over the last couple of months, i feel your pain.

Some serious money being lost here over the last couple of months, i feel your pain.

I am sorry for your troubles you must work harder to achieve success

• Advertisement

Obviously i was talking about your selections,i get no pleasure in seeing anyone losing money to the bookies,so you can pull the nastiness in.you have been on a horrendous run lately,it happens to us all,we all go through bad patches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Obviously i was talking about your selections,i get no pleasure in seeing anyone losing money to the bookies,so you can pull the nastiness in.you have been on a horrendous run lately,it happens to us all,we all go through bad patches

Droidman have you ever posted a winner? I don't think you have. So really you're in no position to comment. Don't feed the trolls who have neither the balls nor the brains to contribute their own picks.

pearcider wrote: »
    Droidman have you ever posted a winner? I don't think you have. So really you're in no position to comment. Don't feed the trolls who have neither the balls nor the brains to contribute their own picks.

I used to post here a lot many moons ago,mostly losers tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

Obviously i was talking about your selections,i get no pleasure in seeing anyone w money to the bookies,so you can pull the nastiness in.you have been on a horrendous run lately,it happens to us all,we all go through bad patches

Well just head off there so, the Zimmer lad is a legend around these parts, he posts great opinions winners or losers we love his insights nonetheless, he keeps this thread alive so negative comments on your behalf are not requested nor required.

Negative comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

It was a negative comment to be fair droid. It is pretty much zimmers thread as he is the only person who posts with any regularity. I'd rather not see the only poster who keeps the forum alive be driven off ! But I appreciate your honesty that you couldn't pick your nose yourself!

pearcider wrote: »
    It was a negative comment to be fair droid. It is pretty much zimmers thread as he is the only person who posts with any regularity. I'd rather not see the only poster who keeps the forum alive be driven off ! But I appreciate your honesty that you couldn't pick your nose yourself!

To be fair i was empathising with his bad run of late,as i said,we all get them,it certainly didnt warrant the abuse i got.

To be fair i was empathising with his bad run of late,as i said,we all get them,it certainly didnt warrant the abuse i got.
    You are lying and everyone on here knows it,you were not" empathising with my bad run" as you call it,you were being cynical and we all know.

The bad run you spoke about is a figment of your imagination.

You are lying and everyone on here knows it,you were not" empathising with my bad run" as you call it,you were being cynical and we all know.

The bad run you spoke about is a figment of your imagination.

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

2.25 PRETTY BUBBLES 11-1 LB

2.30 KING OF LEINSTER 11-1 PP
    2.30 CORK HARBOUR 10-1 LB

3.00 INTENSE STARLET 50-1 PP 4 PLACES

3.45 BENNYS GIRL 10-1 PP

3.55 VAUDIEU 25-1 PP
    4.25 PINK RIBBON 16-1 PP

4.35 AMILLIONTIMES 8-1 PP

4.55 ZOFFANIST 12-1 PP