Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Spare brakes has been in the tracker for a while

500 listowel

I think there is a suggestion from memory that the green & gold are involved somehow.

Hopefully today is the day

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Rocko

3.00 INTENSE STARLET 50-1 PP 4 PLACES

PP
    C

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭munster87

Fair Game, Listowel tomorrow, 2:40. Finished strongly lto having been left in stalls.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

How did you do Toby , At a glance looks a decent return

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Have backed both Alans pride and Dinkun Diamond in the 2.40 listowel. 12/1 and 20/1 available with 4 places in pp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Fancy Charnock Richard to win.

11/4 on Betfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Have backed both Alans pride and Dinkun Diamond in the 2.40 listowel. 12/1 and 20/1 available with 4 places in pp.

PP still 20/1 on Dinkum Diamond, a general 12/1 shot everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Heavy ground at Carlisle and an inspection planned for the morning.

If racing goes ahead I will be backing Redarna in the 4 40,i was expecting Redarna to run over a mile somewhere but the enigmatic Dianne Sayer runs in the 7 furlong handicap that might not take a lot of winning and on the ground it will still take a horse who stays a mile to get home.

He ran once over 5 furlongs in 2016 and had two runs on the AW this year also over 5 furlongs to get a handicap mark of 57.

Ran in a handicap in july again over 5 at Carlisle finishing 5th of 7 beaten 3 lengths and running on at the finish on good to soft for which he was dropped 2 lbs to 55,came out a couple of weeks later and won over 7 furlongs after being slowly away and running on strongly to get up close home.

Out a week later under a 6 lbs penalty in a class 4 at Carlisle dropping back to 6 furlongs finished a staying on 3 rd after starting slowly under a 5 lbs claiming girl.Two weeks later he was beaten 1/4 of a length over a mile at Carlisle and I pencilled him in for a mile handicap on ground on the soft side.

He now runs over 7 furlongs and while I would prefer a mile he can win an ordinary enough handicap with a promising 7 lb claimer,Conor Murtagh on board,around 3/1 and is likely to drift a little as the trainer is not exactly banging in winners.

Dermot Weld's Newcross looks something to bet on following his recent good run,visored now he looks good value at PPs 11/10 with the stable in very good form after a very bad first half of the season.

Newcross goes in the 3 35 at Listowel.

Heavy ground at Carlisle and an inspection planned for the morning.

If racing goes ahead I will be backing Redarna in the 4 40,i was expecting Redarna to run over a mile somewhere but the enigmatic Dianne Sayer runs in the 7 furlong handicap that might not take a lot of winning and on the ground it will still take a horse who stays a mile to get home.

He ran once over 5 furlongs in 2016 and had two runs on the AW this year also over 5 furlongs to get a handicap mark of 57.

Ran in a handicap in july again over 5 at Carlisle finishing 5th of 7 beaten 3 lengths and running on at the finish on good to soft for which he was dropped 2 lbs to 55,came out a couple of weeks later and won over 7 furlongs after being slowly away and running on strongly to get up close home.

Out a week later under a 6 lbs penalty in a class 4 at Carlisle dropping back to 6 furlongs finished a staying on 3 rd after starting slowly under a 5 lbs claiming girl.Two weeks later he was beaten 1/4 of a length over a mile at Carlisle and I pencilled him in for a mile handicap on ground on the soft side.

He now runs over 7 furlongs and while I would prefer a mile he can win an ordinary enough handicap with a promising 7 lb claimer,Conor Murtagh on board,around 3/1 and is likely to drift a little as the trainer is not exactly banging in winners.

Dermot Weld's Newcross looks something to bet on following his recent good run,visored now he looks good value at PPs 11/10 with the stable in very good form after a very bad first half of the season.

Redarna,was again slowly away,hampered when running on 2 out,stayed on well.
    A mile is the minimum for this one, and could stay further.I hope the trainer is paying attention to Boards.

• Advertisement

There is a nice group 2 over 1 mile6 at 3 oc in Doncaster,it pays to follow fancied horses in this and stay away from anything above 6/1.

Natural Scenery,Dubka and Melodic Motion are closely matched on recent form and the 3 year old Melodic Motion may prove best in what should be a good race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

There is a nice group 2 over 1 mile6 at 3 oc in Doncaster,it pays to follow fancied horses in this and stay away from anything above 6/1.

Natural Scenery,Dubka and Melodic Motion are closely matched on recent form and the 3 year old Melodic Motion may prove best in what should be a good race.

'Detalied' is looking like a popular choice, plenty to choose from.

'Detalied' is looking like a popular choice, plenty to choose from.

I put Detailed up here as a very good bet last time but he has a bit to find on official ratings this time and I must pass him over.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭gillamandango

If she was a he I would definitely be backing her :pac:
    I put Detailed up here as a very good bet last time but he has a bit to find on official ratings this time and I must pass him over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Gender fluid horses now😂

Gender fluid horses now��

Indeed, and Greyhounds out for a good time:

-grey.png

You much prefer colts or geldings then.

She could run well.I backed two more ew today Billesdon Brook 2 25 Don and Highland Fling 3 50 Listowel both will love the ground

Did not do much re today's racing as I was out late last night,one caught my eye this morning running in the 3 oc at Doncaster.

Penglai Pavilion seems to be around for a long time and I remember him finishing 5th in the "ARC"behind the great Treve.Has been trained by John Ferguson to win 3 or 4 hurdle races before coming back to C Appleby and winning a good staying race last year off 93.

Faded close home 3 weeks ago in a valuable handicap at York won by the good stayer Magic Circle.This run was seen as disappointing by some,but fading close home on his first run after a good layoff seemed ok to me,especially as he was only beaten 2 1/2 lengths into 4th place.

Should be fitter now and Godolphin would hardly keep him in training if he could not win more races.Can win today and is too big a price at 6/1 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Merlin44

Did not do much re today's racing as I was out late last night,one caught my eye this morning running in the 3 oc at Doncaster.

Penglai Pavilion seems to be around for a long time and I remember him finishing 5th in the "ARC"behind the great Treve.Has been trained by John Ferguson to win 3 or 4 hurdle races before coming back to C Appleby and winning a good staying race last year off 93.

Faded close home 3 weeks ago in a valuable handicap at York won by the good stayer Magic Circle.This run was seen as disappointing by some,but fading close home on his first run after a good layoff seemed ok to me,especially as he was only beaten 2 1/2 lengths into 4th place.

Should be fitter now and Godolphin would hardly keep him in training if he could not win more races.Can win today and is too big a price at 6/1 imo.

Like him has the application of first time headgear and a jockey in form too

• Advertisement

3pl in the 15:00 via PP, 7 running. Some positive signs for Penglai Pavilion @6.5 on Soft.
    3pl also in the 16:35, 7 running fancy Northgate Lad @11
    Will also be adding Leishman@7 (PGA (stickball) R1L) to the mixed Acca arrays with extra 5th place via PP early LiveR2.
    (500/1 Treble).

Gerald Delamere,who I respect,wrote in his column today that today's race was probably a prep race for the Cesarewitch and it looks like he was right.

Hajjam won lto in a 7 furlong handicap at Redcar just over a month ago.The form of that race has worked out surprisingly well and would appear to be very strong for its class.

The 10 horses behind Hajjam in their next run produced the following form figures,6th class 4,did not run,3rd btn hd class 4,2nd btn hd class 5,1st class 4,1st class 4,1st class 4,2nd of 18 class 4,4th class 4,2nd class 4.

All those behind Hajjam ran very well with the 7th 6th and 5th winning their next start and such form makes Hajjam the days best bet in the 4 50 at Lingfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,892 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

2.25 home of the brave 7/2 ew

3.35 stradivarius 7/1 ew

3.15 dan troop 9/4 win

singles/trixie

Kryptos won very easily at Thirsk last sat under Nicola Curry and can carry the penalty in the 4 45 DON.
    Solo Mission can win the 5 15 at Muss,was a good 2nd to one I backed last time.
    Highland Fling was posted by me a couple of days ago when winning easily on the flat,just as good over hurdles and can win again in the 3 25 Listowel.

PP going 4 places in the Ledger so I backed Rekindling at 11/1 ew 3 35 Don.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Highland Fling was posted by me a couple of days ago when winning easily on the flat,just as good over hurdles and can win again in the 3 25 Listowel.

Looked back and couldn't see that anywhere in your posts. Weird

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

She could run well.I backed two more ew today Billesdon Brook 2 25 Don and Highland Fling 3 50 Listowel both will love the ground

See here - 14/09/2017 14:04

abarkie wrote: »
    See here - 14/09/2017 14:04

Missed that one - cheers.

BumperD wrote: »
    Looked back and couldn't see that anywhere in your posts. Weird

It is" Weird" alright that in your haste to be critical of me that you jumped to a wrong conclusion.I have a serious interest in betting and like many others am happy to post my views here despite clowns like you.

When you are finished wiping the egg off your face following today's GAFFE you might visit specsavers so you can avoid such Gaffes in future and the new lens may help you to correctly word your apology.

• Advertisement

It is" Weird" alright that in your haste to be critical of me that you jumped to a wrong conclusion.I have a serious interest in betting and like many others am happy to post my views here despite clowns like you.

When you are finished wiping the egg off your face following today's GAFFE you might visit specsavers so you can avoid such Gaffes in future and the new lens may help you to correctly word your apology.

My goodness. I asked a question and it was very kindly answered by Abarkie. Now compare that to the nasty and angry reply from you which speaks for itself. Take a chill pill my friend

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement