Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭munster87

It is" Weird" alright that in your haste to be critical of me that you jumped to a wrong conclusion.I have a serious interest in betting and like many others am happy to post my views here despite clowns like you.

When you are finished wiping the egg off your face following today's GAFFE you might visit specsavers so you can avoid such Gaffes in future and the new lens may help you to correctly word your apology.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

BumperD wrote: »
    My goodness. I asked a question and it was very kindly answered by Abarkie. Now compare that to the nasty and angry reply from you which speaks for itself. Take a chill pill my friend

You guys are pathetic :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Looked back and couldn't see that anywhere in your posts. Weird

The statement quoted above is not a question so why do you claim it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

The statement quoted above is not a question so why do you claim it is?

It was a genuine question. Look at the reply for god sake. Normally your selections have a write up with them so missed it while trawling through pages of selections and other stuff. Anyway, looks like to hit the bullseye again with him today so well done.

Got word for one of Pat Flynns earlier...Sleepy Head, didn't bother backing it, won at 6s. :( Going with Lizard Point, also trained by PF in the 4:55. Ran better last time but ran out of steam finishing 4th, dropped back in trip today, currently around 12s...blinkers were added last time which seemed to help some bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,892 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    2.25 home of the brave 7/2 ew

3.35 stradivarius 7/1 ew

3.15 dan troop 9/4 win

singles/trixie

place
    place
    win

great run by stradivarius but not quite good enough on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

My goodness. I asked a question and it was very kindly answered by Abarkie. Now compare that to the nasty and angry reply from you which speaks for itself. Take a chill pill my friend

I must repeat that you did not ask a question,if you disagree with my assertion,try and show that I am wrong.

You stated that you failed to find a post where I suggested a horse had a good chance of winning a race.

If you made a genuine mistake a "mea culpa" would suffice,however you repeat the lie that "you asked a question"when everyone on here can see that you did not ask any question.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭droidman123

Mother of god does this guy ever let up

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Back on-topic please - way too many unhelpful comments here.

• Advertisement

Redarna,was again slowly away,hampered when running on 2 out,stayed on well.
    A mile is the minimum for this one, and could stay further.I hope the trainer is paying attention to Boards.

Redarna is out again at Carlisle in the 4 25 tomorrow,however the race is again over 7 furlongs,has won over 7 furlongs already with J P Sullivan on board at Ayr and I will back the horse ew if it drifts a little.

Bottom weight and improving, the 3 year old would be something to bet on if the the race was over a furlong longer.Only 5 days since its last run if not starting slowly (no guarantee he won't as he always seems to come out slowly) he can win but would be a much stronger bet if running over a mile.

Redarna is out again at Carlisle in the 4 25 tomorrow,however the race is again over 7 furlongs,has won over 7 furlongs already with J P Sullivan on board at Ayr and I will back the horse ew if it drifts a little.

Bottom weight and improving, the 3 year old would be something to bet on if the the race was over a furlong longer.Only 5 days since its last run if not starting slowly (no guarantee he won't as he always seems to come out slowly) he can win but would be a much stronger bet if running over a mile.

Have an alert for Redarna also today, as well as being slowly away last time think I recall it being hampered in running too. I'll have a win bet.

One coming out means Redarna has shortened up and with 2 places and skinny price ew is not an option.plenty in the race will like the ground and I have no alternative to letting him run without the burden of my money.

Beverly Bullet won over 10 furlongs not too long ago and should be running on at the finish if busy so I might have a rev forecast with Redarna in the hope that there will be a reasonable pace and the race will set up for those coming from behind.

Everkyllachy is the only horse i backed today,5 15 Bri.

One coming out means Redarna has shortened up and with 2 places and skinny price ew is not an option.plenty in the race will like the ground and I have no alternative to letting him run without the burden of my money.

Beverly Bullet won over 10 furlongs not too long ago and should be running on at the finish if busy so I might have a rev forecast with Redarna in the hope that there will be a reasonable pace and the race will set up for those coming from behind.
    Had a tenner rev forecast--Beverly Bullet -Redarna so done a score,Redarna running on all too late into 3rd,worth keeping in mind when stepped up in distance and best left alone if not.

Everkyllachy is the only horse i backed today,5 15 Bri.
    Was on ew at 6/1 and 13/2 and half a furlong out it looked as if the horse woild not be in the first 4,Hollie Doyle,to her credit kept pushing and beat the 4th horse a nose and landed me the place money.

The way Everkillachy ran on from an impossible position suggests it might have won if breaking on terms so worth putting in the tracker.

David O'meara could have a good day at Redcar.

Summerghand 2 20 is just 3lbs higher than when winning two runs ago,goes on the ground.

Short Work 2 55 lucky not to be raised after a very good 3rd of 18 at York,acts on the ground.

Fieldsman 3 25 has been running well but a mile on soft may be too far so won't back him.

Royal Headley ran well first time out and has had two more quiet runs in order to get a handicap mark,could be better than his mark in this poor handicap stepped up to one mile 6.

Hard to back though as we do not know if he handles the ground and the new longer trip,i would not be surprised if he wins this but will wait to see if there is money for him and even then I would be cautious.

Will back the first two and might do an ew lucky15 on the 4 for small money.

There is a good fillies listed race at Yarmouth tomorrow at 3 50, open to 3 and 4 yearolds it has been won by the 3 year old fillies in 8 out of the last 10 years and the younger horses should have the edge again this year.

Titi Makfi ran in a handicap in june off a mark of 70,she is now on a mark of 100 having run 8 times,winning 5 runner up in 2 and a close 5th in the other.

Trained by Mark Johnston she has a poor draw (11) and I am hoping her price may drift a bit from the 11/4 available now. A back to her best Vintage Folly would be a danger but I expect the tough Titi Makfi to win.

Fancied horses win this most of the time and there have only been two upsets in the last ten years.

There is a good fillies listed race at Yarmouth tomorrow at 3 50, open to 3 and 4 yearolds it has been won by the 3 year old fillies in 8 out of the last 10 years and the younger horses should have the edge again this year.

Titi Makfi ran in a handicap in june off a mark of 70,she is now on a mark of 100 having run 8 times,winning 5 runner up in 2 and a close 5th in the other.

Trained by Mark Johnston she has a poor draw (11) and I am hoping her price may drift a bit from the 11/4 available now. A back to her best Vintage Folly would be a danger but I expect the tough Titi Makfi to win.

Fancied horses win this most of the time and there have only been two upsets in the last ten years.

Not so good,improvement may have come to an end.

Bad Cigar was off for 4 years before making a comeback in july.More than useful in his day it is probable that he is not as good as he was,however he would not need to be to win the 2 45 in Ballinrobe.

Was a very good second off 96 and 4th off 101 in 2013 he is running off 82 today in a very poor handicap hurdle. Can pull hard and was given a strange ride lto when held up up for way too long before running on strongly.

A good rider up today and if she lets the horse horse go much sooner than last time he can win today.Not one to put the house on but I know the horse is in good order and is worth a few euro ew on ground he really likes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Bad Cigar was off for 4 years before making a comeback in july.More than useful in his day it is probable that he is not as good as he was,however he would not need to be to win the 2 45 in Ballinrobe.

Was a very good second off 96 and 4th off 101 in 2013 he is running off 82 today in a very poor handicap hurdle. Can pull hard and was given a strange ride lto when held up up for way too long before running on strongly.

A good rider up today and if she lets the horse horse go much sooner than last time he can win today.Not one to put the house on but I know the horse is in good order and is worth a few euro ew on ground he really likes.

Great shout Zimmer. So unlucky. Just got pipped by a nose.

FLOOPER wrote: »
    Great shout Zimmer. So unlucky. Just got pipped by a nose.

We got the price ok,on at 14s ew and just run out of it last 20 yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Was there Zim, just headed near the post. Had it @ 11's E/W so happy out, thanks.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Great shout, didn't see the race but got 20s on 365 when it was 12s eveywhere else :confused:

Danehill Kodiac 2 55 Newbury on good to firm (can you believe it?) looks a decent bet today in an 8 runner handicap at 7/2. I am having a good ew bet on this as it can hardly be unplaced.

Jonjoe ONeill runs one that has form on the flat in France but was bought for the jumps game,Danehill has run to his exact handicap mark twice recently and wont mind what way the ground is and seems sure to give his running.

It would be nice if Flan Costelloe gained some compensation for just failing to land a big touch yesterday with Bad Cigar,his recent purchase Tom Dooley has topweight in a lowgrade handicap at 7 oc in Dun tonight.

However the max number (14) scrimmaging for room around the Dundalk bends does not entice me to bet,i know the horse is in good order and would like to see him win.

Sentiment will not provide the readies and Iconic Figure or something else will probably spoil the party though I hope to see Tom Dooley come home first.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Fink Hill 7.45 Newcastle, no write up...

Danehill Kodiac 2 55 Newbury on good to firm (can you believe it?) looks a decent bet today in an 8 runner handicap at 7/2. I am having a good ew bet on this as it can hardly be unplaced.

Jonjoe ONeill runs one that has form on the flat in France but was bought for the jumps game,Danehill has run to his exact handicap mark twice recently and wont mind what way the ground is and seems sure to give his running.
    2ND did not help by running loose before the start.

Leshlaa was in my notebook as a certain winner of a decent handicap before connections sent him to Turkey for a mickey mouse group 2 which he duly won,picked up a 5 lb penalty and now runs off a mark of 108 which means his handicap days are almost at an end.

Was badly hampered on his previous run in a class 2 and has had a few unlucky runs in class 2 handicaps in Ascot finishing 5th of 29 and a good 4th at Newmarket.

I backed him ew at 16/1 5 places in the hope that Suroor will have him in top shape for the 3 25 at Newbury worth over £45,000 to the winner,3 year olds have a good record in the race and Leshlaa might just be good enough in a tough handicap.

• Advertisement

James Garfield can win the group 2 at 2 50 Newbury,2ns btn a nose in a group 3 last time over 7 furlongs and 4th in a group 2 before that and a good 3rd off 22 in a listed race in june.

Could be suited by the drop back to 6 furlongs here and should be backed.

At a much lower level Carlovian (doesn't win often but is always there or thereabouts) is an ew bet in the 5 55 at Catterick at 6/1 and Danot, 7/1 in the 6 25 at Catterick is also worth a few quid ew,both will go on the soft and are reliable low grade performers.

Finally,King Calypso can run well at a good price (10s) in the 8 10 at Wolverhampton a handicap over 2 miles.Is proven over the trip and can repay ew support.

I will be doing an ew lucky 15 on the above 4 as well as some single bets on the first couple and see how they get on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement