Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Leshlaa was in my notebook as a certain winner of a decent handicap before connections sent him to Turkey for a mickey mouse group 2 which he duly won,picked up a 5 lb penalty and now runs off a mark of 108 which means his handicap days are almost at an end.

Was badly hampered on his previous run in a class 2 and has had a few unlucky runs in class 2 handicaps in Ascot finishing 5th of 29 and a good 4th at Newmarket.

I backed him ew at 16/1 5 places in the hope that Suroor will have him in top shape for the 3 25 at Newbury worth over £45,000 to the winner,3 year olds have a good record in the race and Leshlaa might just be good enough in a tough handicap.

LESHLAA btn a neck for 5th and I am on at 20/1 ew,i knew that 5 lb penalty would be costly.but a good start as James Garfield lands the group 2 at 2 50.
    A good wait now for action but James Garfied's win means the day cannot be too bad and 3 singles ew and a possible ew lucky 15 to look forward to.

Backed The Broghie Man 3 30,Only Mine 4 oc Tithonus in 3 fiver ew doubles 5 ew treble and backed Only Mine ew at 7s PP money back if 2nd 3rd or 4th to fav and Tithonus ew 4 30 all at Naas.

Avalanche at 8/1 can beat Bubbly Bellini on 4 lbs better terms than when two heads behind that horse than when they last met 2 15 Roscommon.

Landofhopeandglory is only 4 but already running over fences and can win the 3 55 at Ros.

Fire Palace can win the 5 15 at Leic for a very shrewd trainer, Robert Eddery.

Avalanche at 8/1 can beat Bubbly Bellini on 4 lbs better terms than when two heads behind that horse than when they last met 2 15 Roscommon.

Landofhopeandglory is only 4 but already running over fences and can win the 3 55 at Ros.

Fire Palace can win the 5 15 at Leic for a very shrewd trainer, Robert Eddery.

Avalanche drifts to 14s and finishes 4th of 15.
    Landofhopeandglory won at 2/1.
    Fire Palace left in the stalls and loses 8 lengths and finishes 4th.
    I would call it a draw with the Books today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭munster87

Marmalade n toast, 3:55 Tipperary tomorrow. Improvement expected, Smullen booked. 10/1 bet365

• Advertisement

Buachaill Alaninn is quirky but stays well and likes good ground si is an ew bet in the 3 30 Warwick at 8s.Hussingtree has the classame to win the 2 15 at Tippett and Edward Lewis has a good chance in the 3 50 at Beverly. A couple are rated higher but Edward is well regardedicated and should improve

Bad run again from Marmalade n toast after a bit of a gamble.

Buachaill Alaninn is quirky but stays well and likes good ground si is an ew bet in the 3 30 Warwick at 8s.Hussingtree has the classame to win the 2 15 at Tippett and Edward Lewis has a good chance in the 3 50 at Beverly. A couple are rated higher but Edward is well regardedicated and should improve

Sorry about the gibberish,there is a dead heat winner in there and two losers.

I have 2 alerts horses running today in the same race. The 5:15. One is Polar Forest, hasn't gone well at this class of race in awhile now. Finished well enough last time out but had been left at the start. I won't be having a bet on this although I do think is overpriced at 22/1.
    The other one in the race that I have earmarked is Azzir. Backed him last week on good to soft and he ran terribly. Hoping this was a once off as he has shown he can handle ground on the soft side in the past. Drop in class today and first time visor so I'll have an each way bet at 12s currently in most places

The 3 30 at Pontrefact today is a competitive little sprint,if the ground was not heavy I would be giving Muscika a chance but we need to be certain a horse will go on the ground and while Muscika acts on soft I am not sure heavy will suit.

Two who will go on the ground are Khelman and Johnny Cavagin who finished 1st and 2nd on heavy ground at Doncaster last may,there was only 1/2 a length between them that day when Khelman,on the rail beat Johnny Cavagin,who had to race wide and reared as the stalls opened and lost a little ground.

Johnny Cavagin is 9 lbs better off today and is a good ew bet at around 11/2 to turn the tables.Khelman is 7/1 and a small rev forecast might pay off but my best bet is ew Johnny Cavagin.

• Advertisement

Another draw today in the battle with the books as Johnny Cavagin could only finish 2nd.

I hope it is not boredom that is responsible for me having a good bet on Enjaazz in the 9 15 at Chelmsford.I normally do not bet on odds on chances but I believe the cheek pieces will help Enjaazz to concentrate tonight and I took the 4/5 available with PP,I will not see the race live as I will be out tonight which is probably just as well as a bad result would only make me berate myself for betting odds on.

Another draw today in the battle with the books as Johnny Cavagin could only finish 2nd.

I hope it is not boredom that is responsible for me having a good bet on Enjaazz in the 9 15 at Chelmsford.I normally do not bet on odds on chances but I believe the cheek pieces will help Enjaazz to concentrate tonight and I took the 4/5 available with PP,I will not see the race live as I will be out tonight which is probably just as well as a bad result would only make me berate myself for betting odds on.

I was a bit uneasy as I probably felt I was not making a value bet,i originally intended to oppose Enaazz and weighed the race up for hours only to find the horse I thought would beat Enjaazz was withdrawn,i had not had a fairly decent bet in a while and felt Enjaazz was the biggest threat to my original selection so therefore would probably win.

I got the readies but it was not my smartest bet.

Plenty racing today and inform D OMeara sends horses everywhere today and should get a few winners,the ground is soft or heavy most places and we need to make sure anything we back acts on it,but of course we have the AW with no such worries.

Clemynistra is running well and can win the 5 45 at Newcastle,has improved for stepping up in distance,around 6/1.

When last seen on the AW two runs ago Fayez was a close 4th behind 3 very useful performers from the top stables,can outrun his odds of 10/1 in the 6 15 Newcastle and is a good ew bet.

Waarif is the kind of horse OMeara loves to win with but off for 444 days and gelded having come from Ireland I can only watch it run and the other runners from the yard at Newcastle have bits of chances but I will not be backing them.

OMeara sends one to Haydock whose best form is on soft and I am backing Ingleby Hollow ew at 12/1 as I think he has a really good chance.

If Mufri'Ha is fit she will take beating in the 1 50 at Newmarket,she is better than listed class and has a very good chance if Haggas has her ready after a break of 145 days (no reason to think he won't as we come to the end of the flat season) value at 6/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

If frontiersman cant beat this lot today at Newmarket he may be sent straight to Tesco frozen food section

• Registered Users Posts: 23,892 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

have to give sir john lavery another chance at 3/1 after that shocking
    ride last time out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Mustashry 335 Newmarket a typical stoute late bloomer.
    Moviesta should carry the field on his back on ratings at Dundalk 730

mailburner wrote: »
    have to give sir john lavery another chance at 3/1 after that shocking
    ride last time out

Bigger bet 2 Places 10/11 hills

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Plenty racing today and inform D OMeara sends horses everywhere today and should get a few winners,the ground is soft or heavy most places and we need to make sure anything we back acts on it,but of course we have the AW with no such worries.

Clemynistra is running well and can win the 5 45 at Newcastle,has improved for stepping up in distance,around 6/1.

When last seen on the AW two runs ago Fayez was a close 4th behind 3 very useful performers from the top stables,can outrun his odds of 10/1 in the 6 15 Newcastle and is a good ew bet.

Waarif is the kind of horse OMeara loves to win with but off for 444 days and gelded having come from Ireland I can only watch it run and the other runners from the yard at Newcastle have bits of chances but I will not be backing them.

OMeara sends one to Haydock whose best form is on soft and I am backing Ingleby Hollow ew at 12/1 as I think he has a really good chance.

If Mufri'Ha is fit she will take beating in the 1 50 at Newmarket,she is better than listed class and has a very good chance if Haggas has her ready after a break of 145 days (no reason to think he won't as we come to the end of the flat season) value at 6/1.
    Brilliant stuff Zimmer. Had MufriHa ingleby Hollow and Fayez in doubles and singles on 2 euro each got over 200 euro. Fantastic tipping. And well yearned for.

Thank you.

FLOOPER wrote: »
    Brilliant stuff Zimmer. Had MufriHa ingleby Hollow and Fayez in doubles and singles on 2 euro each got over 200 euro. Fantastic tipping. And well yearned for.

Thank you.

I got a few quid myself and hoping for more on Sat.

I backed Threading ew to win the 2 20 Newmarket with PP as it is money back as free bet if 2nd 3rd or 4th to the fav with the usual conditions.Threading is top class and will take beating.

David OMeara won the Lincoln on soft ground with Bravery off a mark of 100 and now has him down to 97 despite running a few good races.There is luck required to get close in this race but I put a few quid ew on Bravery tonight at 40/1 6 places PP.

Omearas jockey Danny Tudhope goes to Haydock to ride Coolfitch in the2 40 for Omeara and I do not expect Coolfitch to win but at a big price he might get a place as he has won on heavy.He has 2 rides for Haggas in the 205 and the 3 15 and his best chance is on Sainted at 2 15.

What is really interesting is the fact that Tudhope does not stay on at Haydock to ride Omearas two remaining runners but travels the 230 miles to Chelmsford to ride 2 for Omeara.
    He rides Intisaab in the 7 20 and I have backed it at 15/2 ew and it looks a really good bet to me.He also rides Aleef in the 7 50 and at first glance he looks to have a bit to do in a very competitive handicap after 2 poor enough runs.

However I know Aleef is well regarded and at the odds of around 12/1 is worth backing ew.Aleef will land a bit of a touch and it could be in this race.

Tudhope could have ridden at a couple of other meetings and it is significant that he goes to Chelmsford from Haydock so get on.

• Advertisement

Best of luck to Masterstonemason trained by my friend Flan Costelloe in the 1 45 Gowran,has come up against Joseph O Brien trained hot-pots in his last 3 runs and was btn a neck last time.I cant back it but hope it wins against the big boys and girl (Jessica).

Anyone thinking of putting Royal Line 5 35 Haydock,the beautifully bred Gosden trained hot-pot in multiples today should think twice,could win by half the track but bear in mind that the horse he beat last time had been beaten by 26 lengths in previous race.

Royal Line could be a world beater in the making but tractors can look quick passing cows and on very heavy ground I would swerve this one today.If there were 8 runners I would back Tawdeea ew,twice a course winner who acts on the ground and becoming well handicapped but one has come out and 2 places is not so attractive.I see Aleef has attracted some support in the 7 50 Chelmsford.

Good luck to all today.

Alert horse in Chester 3:05, Roaring Forties. Has tendency to miss the break. Good chance if gets away well

2.20n threading 11/4
    3.15h johnny barnes 7/1 ew
    3.35 thundering blue 13/2 ew 6places 365
    3.50 hyperfocus 3/1 ew
    5.0 sepal 5/2

singles/4fold/ew acca
    placed acca at 30.71/1 hills also

banker double to cover all the above hopefully
    threading two places
    sepal two places
    2.43/1 hills

Think Different League is value at 5s in 2:20

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭famagusta

Best of luck to Masterstonemason trained by my friend Flan Costelloe in the 1 45 Gowran,has come up against Joseph O Brien trained hot-pots in his last 3 runs and was btn a neck last time.I cant back it but hope it wins against the big boys and girl (Jessica).

He dug it out well, hard to get a winner these days in a maiden if you're not one of the big boys

I was a bit uneasy as I probably felt I was not making a value bet,i originally intended to oppose Enaazz and weighed the race up for hours only to find the horse I thought would beat Enjaazz was withdrawn,i had not had a fairly decent bet in a while and felt Enjaazz was the biggest threat to my original selection so therefore would probably win.

I got the readies but it was not my smartest bet.

The horse that I intended to back in that race runs in the 5 50 at Chelmsford and it appears to me that connections want to win a maiden at all costs as the horse is qualified for handicaps but they are content to go down the maiden road for now in an attempt to get the winning bracket.

PP was going 11/10 earlier and I just had to back it,Hyperloop was beaten by 3 very useful Godolphin horses in its last 3 runs and is a very good bet to win today with no Godolphin runner to contend with.

The horse that I intended to back in that race runs in the 5 50 at Chelmsford and it appears to me that connections want to win a maiden at all costs as the horse is qualified for handicaps but they are content to go down the maiden road for now in an attempt to get the winning bracket.

PP was going 11/10 earlier and I just had to back it,Hyperloop was beaten by 3 very useful Godolphin horses in its last 3 runs and is a very good bet to win today with no Godolphin runner to contend with.

A bright spot on an otherwise ordinary day for me,did it well.

mailburner wrote: »
    2.20n threading 11/4
    3.15h johnny barnes 7/1 ew
    3.35 thundering blue 13/2 ew 6places 365
    3.50 hyperfocus 3/1 ew
    5.0 sepal 5/2

singles/4fold/ew acca
    placed acca at 30.71/1 hills also

banker double to cover all the above hopefully
    threading two places
    sepal two places
    2.43/1 hills

3/1 winner and feck all else with threading ruining my banker bet

I backed Threading ew to win the 2 20 Newmarket with PP as it is money back as free bet if 2nd 3rd or 4th to the fav with the usual conditions.Threading is top class and will take beating.

David OMeara won the Lincoln on soft ground with Bravery off a mark of 100 and now has him down to 97 despite running a few good races.There is luck required to get close in this race but I put a few quid ew on Bravery tonight at 40/1 6 places PP.

Omearas jockey Danny Tudhope goes to Haydock to ride Coolfitch in the2 40 for Omeara and I do not expect Coolfitch to win but at a big price he might get a place as he has won on heavy.He has 2 rides for Haggas in the 205 and the 3 15 and his best chance is on Sainted at 2 15.

What is really interesting is the fact that Tudhope does not stay on at Haydock to ride Omearas two remaining runners but travels the 230 miles to Chelmsford to ride 2 for Omeara.
    He rides Intisaab in the 7 20 and I have backed it at 15/2 ew and it looks a really good bet to me.He also rides Aleef in the 7 50 and at first glance he looks to have a bit to do in a very competitive handicap after 2 poor enough runs.

However I know Aleef is well regarded and at the odds of around 12/1 is worth backing ew.Aleef will land a bit of a touch and it could be in this race.

Tudhope could have ridden at a couple of other meetings and it is significant that he goes to Chelmsford from Haydock so get on.

Not too good today and gave some money back,only bright spot was having a nice bet at 11/10 on the winner of the first at Chelmsford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

MOD

Just deleted 11 posts of mostly...well moaning.

You know you can also just let something go for a change, ignore people if you dont like him or her?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement