Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

inforfun wrote: »
    MOD

Just deleted 11 posts of mostly...well moaning.

You know you can also just let something go for a change, ignore people if you dont like him or her?

So why delete rather than just letting some go for a change?

If only you where so proactive in deleting aftertiming posts then this forum might have more contributors

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

redzerdrog wrote: »
    So why delete rather than just letting some go for a change?

If only you where so proactive in deleting aftertiming posts then this forum might have more contributors

Because it was reported and if it was 1 or 2 posts and after that things had been back to normal, i wouldnt have deleted.
    As for the after timing, you know perfectly well that after timing is looked at as well once it is reported.
    That there is something called, a different view on things at times, is just something you ll have to accept.

I want my diner, not an endless discussion so... end of discussion

As for the after timing, you know perfectly well that after timing is looked at as well once it is reported

Yeh looked at as in the posts are reported you look at them and decide to do nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Paul Nicholls horse called Emerging Talent makes his chase debut tomorrow in the 2:20 at Newton Abbot tomorrow.

7/4 atm, I expect it to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Was on ew at 6/1 and 13/2 and half a furlong out it looked as if the horse woild not be in the first 4,Hollie Doyle,to her credit kept pushing and beat the 4th horse a nose and landed me the place money.

The way Everkillachy ran on from an impossible position suggests it might have won if breaking on terms so worth putting in the tracker.

Everkyllachy goes in the 4 10 at Bath in a class 6 over 5 furlongs and I am backing it ew at the 5/1 available,was unlucky as I reported last time at Brighton going from one side of the track to the other.

Bath is also a bit peculiar in that there is a slight bend in 5 furlong races and the race only really gets going after the bend,however the last few furlongs rise all the way to the line and horses that go too soon are often caught.

Drawn 9 (high numbers best)Everkyllachy can win off the same mark of 59.

A clue to her chances can be found in the 2 40 race as Her Terms who beat Everkyllachy a length in its previous race (giving Everkyllachy 11 lbs) is sure to go off fav and should win despite top weight.

Her Terms seems to be well handicapped,last year had marks of 78--78 --77 in decent maidens and ran well in them,this year ran third off 67 before winning off the same mark and now runs off 70.

Her Terms win and Everkyllachy ew (decent bet) are my two at Bath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

MOD

Just deleted 11 posts of mostly...well moaning.

You know you can also just let something go for a change, ignore people if you dont like him or her?

and thats exactly why I dont bother anymore

Ive found a new (closed) forum where they dont moan how many losers you have, they understand that losing is part of life

fair play to zimmer for carrying on

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

What is this forum you speak of?

and thats exactly why I dont bother anymore

Ive found a new (closed) forum where they dont moan how many losers you have, they understand that losing is part of life

fair play to zimmer for carrying on

I haven't seen anyone moaning about losers to be fair. Everyone knows that losers are part and parcel of the game.

Everkyllachy did it just as I hoped she might coming with a run and won very easily,i had a decent ew bet and I hope nobody was discouraged by the run of Her Terms for that was the 23rd runner Clive Cox sent out without a winner,the only surprise for me was the sp of 7/1.

Rubis can win the 2 55 at Ayr,i would prefer if the trip was 10 furlongs but on soft ground she should be ok at 9 furlongs and is worth a bet ew at 5s.The fav Edgar Alan Poe has gone up in the weights and Rubis looks sure to be staying on where it matters.

• Advertisement

I backed Carlovian last time and was never in with a chance of collecting as horse stayed out the back beore running on into 5th.

Can do better today over the trip and worth a little ew at 9 or 10/1 in the 5 05 at AYR.

Rubis can win the 2 55 at Ayr,i would prefer if the trip was 10 furlongs but on soft ground she should be ok at 9 furlongs and is worth a bet ew at 5s.The fav Edgar Alan Poe has gone up in the weights and Rubis looks sure to be staying on where it matters.

well done zimmer, won it nicely in the end, thanks fella

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭munster87

well done zimmer, won it nicely in the end, thanks fella

Good run at the moment zimmer, good stuff. I used to regularly post on a forum years ago when I had more interest Pepper that always had good conversation and insight without the moaning. Haven't been on it in a bit now, must check it out again. Don't know if I can mention other forum names on here so I won't. Would be fairly well known anyway I think.

munster87 wrote: »
    Good run at the moment zimmer, good stuff. I used to regularly post on a forum years ago when I had more interest Pepper that always had good conversation and insight without the moaning. Haven't been on it in a bit now, must check it out again. Don't know if I can mention other forum names on here so I won't. Would be fairly well known anyway I think.

I do not post on any other site and my only motive on here is try to put boardies on a winner from time to time.

MOD
    Post edited, see pm.

Main bet wins nicely and Carlovian just caught for the place money in the final stride so I cant complain and I hope the good run continues.

Bit late I know, but I will try and repay you a little

6.55 Dundalk Seanie - Should win this today keeps getting close, second the last twice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Bit late I know, but I will try and repay you a little

6.55 Dundalk Seanie - Should win this today keeps getting close, second the last twice

You absolute legend! Welcome back :)

Well done,a nice winner on your return.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Offline for last 24 hrs a missed winners, well done again zimmer, you are a man whose tips and insights are always noted and worth taking on board. Well done also to sgt. i Think triple sec can do some damage in 4.45pm naas if ground retains a bit of give. Nice price at 7 to 1 gives each way value also.

Nottingham 5 05 is a competitive sprint over 6 furlongs,as luck would have 2 have been taken out leaving only 15 runners.I will be hoping someone is going 4 places as I fancy two horses in the race.

Syrian Pearl won this last year off 82,was 2nd in the race 2 years ago off 79 and races off 79 again this year.Has run well off 79 in his last 2 runs and simply loves these big field handicaps,would appear to be laid out for this race again and will be hard to beat if the gaps open (comes from behind).

Ninjago also has a big chance,was 1/2 length in front of Syrian Pearl 2 runs ago getting a pound and gives one pound now.It is hard to believe that Ninjago was a very good 3rd of 27 in Apr off 89,won off 78 in Newmarket in August and races off 80 in this race.

I will back both and while I believe Syrian Pearl has the best chance I will have a saver on Ninjago and do a rev forecast in the hope of a 1-2.

• Advertisement

Nottingham 5 05 is a competitive sprint over 6 furlongs,as luck would have 2 have been taken out leaving only 15 runners.I will be hoping someone is going 4 places as I fancy two horses in the race.

Syrian Pearl won this last year off 82,was 2nd in the race 2 years ago off 79 and races off 79 again this year.Has run well off 79 in his last 2 runs and simply loves these big field handicaps,would appear to be laid out for this race again and will be hard to beat if the gaps open (comes from behind).

Ninjago also has a big chance,was 1/2 length in front of Syrian Pearl 2 runs ago getting a pound and gives one pound now.It is hard to believe that Ninjago was a very good 3rd of 27 in Apr off 89,won off 78 in Newmarket in August and races off 80 in this race.

I will back both and while I believe Syrian Pearl has the best chance I will have a saver on Ninjago and do a rev forecast in the hope of a 1-2.

Sky doing 5 places, Ninjago drifting and I am trying Tricky Dicky 12-1, nice low turf mark, being done well on AW

SPOTLIGHT His last two wins have come on Southwell's Fibresand (including last time; 6f) and he'll need a career-best grass performance to land this competitive affair, but he's run some good races on turf this season, including on good to soft, and he can go well off a mark just 1lb higher than last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

Thank you zimmermania, drifted to 10/1 and all!

PP money back 2nd 3rd or 4th usual terms to the fav in the 6 40 Kem,the fav does not appeal to me and I backed Tivoli and Modern love the irish raider both of whom should be placed.

PP money back 2nd 3rd or 4th usual terms to the fav in the 6 40 Kem,the fav does not appeal to me and I backed Tivoli and Modern love the irish raider both of whom should be placed.

Tivoli was not fav when I made the bet and I am happy with the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭munster87

Tivoli was not fav when I made the bet and I am happy with the result.

Good win, James Doyle could have done better on the second. Too much to do.

No hope that Thursday will be as good as Wednesday and I only see two bets.

Dreaming Time is lightly raced,was a good 3rd last time behind Armagnac and Halinka who were trained by Bell and Varian,Character Onsie should be the danger and at 10/3 Dreaming Time who has won over the C and D is the bet.

My only other bet is Aherlow in the 3 10 Tramore,well beaten in 2nd last time by a very useful 1/2 fav over 2 1/2 miles Aherlow looked like losing 2nd but battled on well.Should see out the trip on heavy ground as the dam was by Roselier whose progeny love soft ground.

Was having its first run for 120 days last time and should be a lot fitter now and though only 3rd choice in the betting at 5/2 -3/1 can win this on the way to better things.

Well done Zimmer, I had bets on both with preference for Syrian Pearl. Tricky Dicky let me down, but I was well covered by your 2 picks

Today I am trying a e/w single and a e/w lucky 15

Huntingdon
    3:05pm Tangolan 8-1 single e/w
    This has to stand a really good chance. Out of 4 runs at this course, has won once and placed twice.
    The jock has had 19 starts 6 wins 5 places on this and drops down to a class 4
    Jock and trainer combo record is 16 starts 4 wins 4 places

The e/w lucky 15
    2.35 Huntingdon New Agenda 10/3
    3.30 Lingfield Piconsort 9/2
    4.35 Lingfield Peace and Plenty 6/1
    4.15 Tramore Canny Tom 5/1

good luck all

No hope that Thursday will be as good as Wednesday and I only see two bets.

Dreaming Time is lightly raced,was a good 3rd last time behind Armagnac and Halinka who were trained by Bell and Varian,Character Onsie should be the danger and at 10/3 Dreaming Time who has won over the C and D is the bet.

My only other bet is Aherlow in the 3 10 Tramore,well beaten in 2nd last time by a very useful 1/2 fav over 2 1/2 miles Aherlow looked like losing 2nd but battled on well.Should see out the trip on heavy ground as the dam was by Roselier whose progeny love soft ground.

Was having its first run for 120 days last time and should be a lot fitter now and though only 3rd choice in the betting at 5/2 -3/1 can win this on the way to better things.

The good run continues and I got 9/2 about Dreaming Time,Aherlow galloped on to hold 2nd place but the winner was given a very easy lead and Aherlow could not make inroads,still another very good day and hope it continues.

Cricklewood Green won the 2 oc at Ascot 2 years ago off 4 lbs lower than today's mark but is in good form and has been given a break so may have been targeted at this race.

Its a very tough handicap but a little ew at 14/1 might give a return.

Dominating has a chance in the 4 55 also at Ascot in a trappy little handicap as a few runners are out of form and at least we know Dominating is well after a reasonable run 14 days ago,looks a safe ew bet.

The 7 15 at Chelmsford is a good handicap for the venue with a lot of in-form horses in the field,Archers Arrow from the Suroor yard must have a good chance and Fieldsman,who was 2 1/2 lengths behind Gold Hunter is in good form and is 5lbs better off tonight either of the two are worth an ew bet and as of now I cannot split them but by racetime I hope to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

There is a poster on here known as MERLIN, im sure he follows the queens horse called MERLIN, runs in the Class 2 handicap 3.10 Ascot. This horse is on the rapid improve at sprinting although pedigree suggests further. Ran in a hot Doncaster race last day far from disgraced with necks heads and short heads separating them from 2nd to 8th place, winners have also come out of that race who finished ahead of him. With Ryan Moore aboard for the first time today, it suggests a huge run is expected so at 8-1 looks like a solid ew bet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement