Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Merlin44

Aurora1966 wrote: »
    There is a poster on here known as MERLIN, im sure he follows the queens horse called MERLIN, runs in the Class 2 handicap 3.10 Ascot. This horse is on the rapid improve at sprinting although pedigree suggests further. Ran in a hot Doncaster race last day far from disgraced with necks heads and short heads separating them from 2nd to 8th place, winners have also come out of that race who finished ahead of him. With Ryan Moore aboard for the first time today, it suggests a huge run is expected so at 8-1 looks like a solid ew bet.

MERLIN has been on the upgrade all year but he may have found his limitations . I would much rather go on the two other Gosden runners today and the two Haggis runners tonight in chelmsford both yards are in scintilating form.

Ascot 4.55 Master Singer ( jockey had a winner last night for trainer and money has been coming since )
    Chelm 7.15 Blue on Blue

Win and e/w double

ELKASEB 6:45 goes for Gosden at a price and has shown nothing of note but breeding suggests he may take to the surface and with the application of 1st time headgear and a big pricetag to live up to he may be worth small ew wager.

Both Haggis horses too short now for me to get involved

SOCIETY Power and DIagnostic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Cricklewood Green won the 2 oc at Ascot 2 years ago off 4 lbs lower than today's mark but is in good form and has been given a break so may have been targeted at this race.

Its a very tough handicap but a little ew at 14/1 might give a return.

Dominating has a chance in the 4 55 also at Ascot in a trappy little handicap as a few runners are out of form and at least we know Dominating is well after a reasonable run 14 days ago,looks a safe ew bet.

The 7 15 at Chelmsford is a good handicap for the venue with a lot of in-form horses in the field,Archers Arrow from the Suroor yard must have a good chance and Fieldsman,who was 2 1/2 lengths behind Gold Hunter is in good form and is 5lbs better off tonight either of the two are worth an ew bet and as of now I cannot split them but by racetime I hope to.

Dominating galloped on well and was a nice winner.Cricklewood Green was a bit disappointing and it is possible the 45 day absence was not by choice and may do better next time.

Archers Arrow 7 15 Chelmsford has proved troublesome at the start and may be quirky so I did not back it tonight,instead I put 12.50 ew on Fieldsman twice (12.50 is the limit in Lads for ew money back offers) and I hope I picked the right one.

A small stake ew lucky 15 for Saturday.

Firmament,very consistent has run off 109 in last 6 or 7 runs getting within a couple of lengths of winning 4 or 5 big-field handicaps,is a few pounds better off with some that finished in front of him due to the fact that they have gone up in the weights.I am backing this as an ew single as well at 16/1 3 35.

Muffri'ha 2 40 Newmarket won recently when I tipped it here,is in a group 1 now and has a bit to find with some in the race but does well at this time of year and was only beaten 1/2 a length behind Decorated Hero in a group 2.There are a lot of serious players in the field but Muffri'ha could cause a surprise at 16/1.

Three Saints Bay has run well in 2 of his 3 maidens and though exposed can come good at 8/1 in the 2 45 at Redcar.

Watchable in the 6 45 at Wolver is one I have backed already at 14/1 and if back to his best would be a certainty,this horse was beaten 2 1/4 lengths in a group 2 when rated 110,was 2nd to the Tin Man in a listed race.Watchable was 4th of 16 btn 1 3/4 lengths and 3rd of 18 in June off marks of 95,races off 91 now with Paddy Vaughan (knows the horse well) taking off another 7 lbs.

Thrown in on his best form if fully tuned up after a 45 day break I just have to back Watchable. An ew yankee or lucky 15 can provide a bit of interest for small stakes.

When I clicked the" bet now"button on my laptop for my 50 cent ew lucky 15 on the above 4 horses on the PP site the last line which shows the return if all 4 selections win read €28,880.00 or something very close to that. I LIVE IN HOPE!!.

It could happen but in the meantime I think Waady will win the 1 50 at Ascot 7/4.

Secret Number is a 7 year old gelding,not the usual type horse for Godolphin,with the exception of one bad run in Australia over 2 miles (I think,i do not have time to check) he has been in good form and seems to be getting better,will love the ground and the mile and a half trip and at 11/2 is a great ew bet despite having to give weight to the field.There is not much between him and Waldgeist on ratings,runs 2 25 Ascot

Detailed ran a blinder last time over I mile 6 in a group 2 at Don,the form book says the filly ran on but my eyes saw her fade a little and lose a couple of places in the last 100 yards,has a few pounds to find with a couple today but would be a great ew bet if there were 8 runners.

With only 7 we have to bet 1 2 ew or win only,whatever the case I believe at 9/2 the tough filly is worth backing over the mile and a half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

do this lucky e/w

2.05 Newmarket Eartha Kitt 13/2
    2.40 Newmarket Aljazzi 11/2
    5.00 Newmarket Blushing Rose 11/4
    5.40 Fairyhouse Moonlight Escape 7/4

double e/w

15:55 Redcar Jallota 7/2
    18:15 - Wolverhampton - Princess Lyla 5/1

single e/w
    14:05 - Newmarket - Kassia - only C&D winner in this race won off 1lb higher in a class one this time last year and really comes into form in October was pulled in last race because of the soft ground but did run a good race at Salisbury beating a couple of these in this race that day 8/1 E/W

3.35 Ascot Straight Right - Trainer is positive on this horse and good jockey booked in ran well at goodwood 3rd that day and should be due a win 12/1 EW

• Advertisement

A small stake ew lucky 15 for Saturday.

Firmament,very consistent has run off 109 in last 6 or 7 runs getting within a couple of lengths of winning 4 or 5 big-field handicaps,is a few pounds better off with some that finished in front of him due to the fact that they have gone up in the weights.I am backing this as an ew single as well at 16/1 3 35.

Muffri'ha 2 40 Newmarket won recently when I tipped it here,is in a group 1 now and has a bit to find with some in the race but does well at this time of year and was only beaten 1/2 a length behind Decorated Hero in a group 2.There are a lot of serious players in the field but Muffri'ha could cause a surprise at 16/1.

Three Saints Bay has run well in 2 of his 3 maidens and though exposed can come good at 8/1 in the 2 45 at Redcar.

Watchable in the 6 45 at Wolver is one I have backed already at 14/1 and if back to his best would be a certainty,this horse was beaten 2 1/4 lengths in a group 2 when rated 110,was 2nd to the Tin Man in a listed race.Watchable was 4th of 16 btn 1 3/4 lengths and 3rd of 18 in June off marks of 95,races off 91 now with Paddy Vaughan (knows the horse well) taking off another 7 lbs.

Thrown in on his best form if fully tuned up after a 45 day break I just have to back Watchable. An ew yankee or lucky 15 can provide a bit of interest for small stakes.

some good picks there zimmer, i did singles so very happy thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

some good picks there zimmer, i did singles so very happy thanks

I've been a follower of this thread but never posted, i have actually won a decent wedge thanks to yourself and zimmer. Am I missing something here though? None of the horses mentioned even placed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,629 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I've been a follower of this thread but never posted, i have actually won a decent wedge thanks to yourself and zimmer. Am I missing something here though? None of the horses mentioned even placed.

Three saints bay won

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Three saints bay romped home for win at 8 or 9 to 1

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Three saints bay romped home for win at 8 or 9 to 1

Scratch that, acutually 12/1 winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Sorry folks, zimmers post has it in the 2.45 so I didn't check the 2.10. As you were and I'll leave with egg firmly on my face.

Face off ran a peculiar race last time,drawn 2 he wound up on the opposite side having been dropped out early on,out of the picture going for home the horse finished to good effect in 6th.

I do not know if he will be busy but Navan will suit and I am happy to have a bit ew at 8s in the 2 oc.

Son Of Rest is too good for the others in the 3 05 also at Navan and will take all the beating,i was glad to see my old friend SUEDOIS win THE 10 45 at Keenland for David OMeara and Danny Tudhope,roll on the breeders cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Face off ran a peculiar race last time,drawn 2 he wound up on the opposite side having been dropped out early on,out of the picture going for home the horse finished to good effect in 6th.

I do not know if he will be busy but Navan will suit and I am happy to have a bit ew at 8s in the 2 oc.

Son Of Rest is too good for the others in the 3 05 also at Navan and will take all the beating,i was glad to see my old friend SUEDOIS win THE 10 45 at Keenland for David OMeara and Danny Tudhope,roll on the breeders cup

I taught the same about son of rest but realised alphabet was a length and a half ahead of him last time they met but the extra furlong might help turn around the form

I taught the same about son of rest but realised alphabet was a length and a half ahead of him last time they met but the extra furlong might help turn around the form

After having a closer look at the race , alphabet would be fav if he didn't have that bad run in France last week, before that he was beaten into 2nd by quiet reflection over 6F with ardhoomey another 2 behind in 3rd, and the race before that he was ahead of son of rest 1 and 1/4 lengths getting 3 pounds and today he gets 5 so should really confirm that form, my worry is the horse needs to break well and dominate from the front as he never runs as well when he doesn't get to the lead.
    Alphabet has loads of speed as shown in the race where he beat son of rest as he got to the front from perennial front runner caspian prince who previously beat Marsha.

Navan 4.10

Polly Douglas @ 14/1

A horse I've followed a lot this season and watched closely, has lots of speed and 5 f is the fillys best trip.
    Was 3 lengths behind the fav here last time but didn't break as well from the gates as she usually does and is 5 pounds better off today with the fav as she raced out of the handicap last time.
    If she gets out quick and gets a prominent position I can't see her out of the places off this low weight.
    Aspen belle ran as if something amiss last time but has form that ties in with polly Douglas and if back to form should be near polly Douglas at the finish.

do this lucky e/w

2.05 Newmarket Eartha Kitt 13/2 placed
    2.40 Newmarket Aljazzi 11/2 lost
    5.00 Newmarket Blushing Rose 11/4 placed
    5.40 Fairyhouse Moonlight Escape 7/4 placed

double e/w

15:55 Redcar Jallota 7/2 won
    18:15 - Wolverhampton - Princess Lyla 5/1 placed

single e/w
    14:05 - Newmarket - Kassia - only C&D winner in this race won off 1lb higher in a class one this time last year and really comes into form in October was pulled in last race because of the soft ground but did run a good race at Salisbury beating a couple of these in this race that day 8/1 E/W

3.35 Ascot Straight Right - Trainer is positive on this horse and good jockey booked in ran well at goodwood 3rd that day and should be due a win 12/1 EW

well the lucky and double returned a small profit, the double actually returned double money which paid for the losing singles!

todays ones

Lucky e/w 15

2.15 Limerick Wonderoftheworld 8/1
    3.05 Navan Ardhoomey 6/1
    5.20 Kelso Call the Cops 16/1 non runner
    5.35 Uttoxeter Mash Potato 4/1
    3:20 turbojet 4-1 to replace NR

kelso 2:40 kelpies myth 14-1
    beyond the clouds is the clear favourite here but Im happy to try a small e/w on this as jockey and trainer (lucinda Russell) in form and the horse itself won in march and good form before that

Kelso 4:50 justatenner 25-1 skybet 4 places

i love small stakes on big prices, you dont have to risk much to get a nice return on the place or win

This one stands a good chance I feel
    His only win was over 2m on soft ground off 106 at Uttoxeter in a class 3 last year. Today is a class 4 and ridden by Derek Fox (jock on kelpies myth above) On a good mark, 10lb lower mark and only winner last time hasn't run for 502 days and with 4 places, could be some god place money

good luck everyone

the lucky was poor, and the singles lol, well technically justatenner did finish first past the post but minus the jock!

but i will try again with an e/w treble

windsor 2.45 Outback Blue 10/3
    Muss 5.10 Thesme 9/2
    Kempton 5.25 Knockout Blow 5/2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Navan 4.10

Polly Douglas @ 14/1

A horse I've followed a lot this season and watched closely, has lots of speed and 5 f is the fillys best trip.
    Was 3 lengths behind the fav here last time but didn't break as well from the gates as she usually does and is 5 pounds better off today with the fav as she raced out of the handicap last time.
    If she gets out quick and gets a prominent position I can't see her out of the places off this low weight.
    Aspen belle ran as if something amiss last time but has form that ties in with polly Douglas and if back to form should be near polly Douglas at the finish.
    WORST TIP EVER ! THANKS:mad:

I posted all the reasons for backing the following horses in a very long write up but balleseed it up so here goes with no write up but I believe these are all very good bets and very good ew multiples.

That is The Spirit 4 40 Musselburgh.

Robbie Roo Roo 3 05 Salisbury.

Rolling Dice 3 35 Salisbury.

Pioneering 3 55 Pontrefact.

Mobbhij 7 25 Kempton. These 5 have very good chances imo

Riptide 3 25 Pontrefact is in a race full of plodders and even at 11 years old can get his head in front at 8/1 over the marathon trip of two miles two,a good ew bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

AnneFrank wrote: »

MOD

Stop that.
    No one here forcing you to follow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,360 ✭✭✭bladespin

AnneFrank wrote:
    WORST TIP EVER ! THANKS

Should see some of mine, much worse that that lol.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I have not had a bet in a while. I dont remember the last one actually. But I said I was going to bet on Profound when he debuted. The colt is having his first outing today. Lots of money spent on this one at the sales due to good breeding. If he turns out to be as good as hoped, this will be the highest prices we ever see him at.

Profound 9/2 (Windsor 3.15)

tinodz wrote: »
    I have not had a bet in a while. I dont remember the last one actually. But I said I was going to bet on Profound when he debuted. The colt is having his first outing today. Lots of money spent on this one at the sales due to good breeding. If he turns out to be as good as hoped, this will be the highest prices we ever see him at.

Profound 9/2 (Windsor 3.15)

great jock on him,
    Andrea Atzeni
    (Last 14 days: 7-32,22%)

worth a punt I say

I posted all the reasons for backing the following horses in a very long write up but balleseed it up so here goes with no write up but I believe these are all very good bets and very good ew multiples.

That is The Spirit 4 40 Musselburgh.

Robbie Roo Roo 3 05 Salisbury.

Rolling Dice 3 35 Salisbury.

Pioneering 3 55 Pontrefact.

Mobbhij 7 25 Kempton. These 5 have very good chances imo

Riptide 3 25 Pontrefact is in a race full of plodders and even at 11 years old can get his head in front at 8/1 over the marathon trip of two miles two,a good ew bet
    Get rich quick not working,just one winner so back to value bets asap,if I can find any!!

AnneFrank wrote: »

The horse was held up again which I warned against in my post, he actually made rapid progress up to the last furlong and challenged briefly but was probably on the wrong side and asked for his effort too soon but wasn't a bad pick as I based my opinion on him turning tables with the fav at the time who ended up winning, from what I've seen of polly Douglas in that race there is more wins to come.
    he didn't run up to form simple as that,he was 5 pounds better off with enter the red for a 3 length beating and ended up beaten more than 8 lengths this time .

The horse was held up again which I warned against in my post, he actually made rapid progress up to the last furlong and challenged briefly but was probably on the wrong side and asked for his effort too soon but wasn't a bad pick as I based my opinion on him turning tables with the fav at the time who ended up winning, from what I've seen of polly Douglas in that race there is more wins to come.
    he didn't run up to form simple as that,he was 5 pounds better off with enter the red for a 3 length beating and ended up beaten more than 8 lengths this time .

I think it was a good pick and goes into my tracker, it has good form, won in june and july against huge fields (19\20 runners) and was 2nd in a 20 runner race in august, so I think it was a good punt, in fact the form was 6th\2nd\2nd\8th\won\7th\won\won

Just that was a big race with many good horses and like you say it was challenging upto the final furlong

thanks for posting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

1:30 Catterick Palmer looks like today will be his day having hitting the crossbar all season.

copy of fancies for today

Catterick
    16:40 - Desert Cross 4-1
    17:10 - Lady Joanna Vassa 4-1

Leicester Longshots...only for the brave!

2:55 jackpot royle 33-1, first run only 4 lengths 5th of 10 and hopefully will improve
    4:30 joeys destiny 33-1 won on AW in july and well handicapped on best turf form
    5pm borough boy 20-1 been ticking over nicely since mays 2nd place

Brighton
    4:20 The special one 9-1, great form at this course, (2 of the last 3, and won 3 of the last 4)(won\6th\won\won, up a few lb but unexposed over a mile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

No worries Harsh O i was only joking sure every bet is a gamble,
    If they all ran to form we'd all be loaded !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Anything for Newcastle tonight?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement