Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Out Do has a chance in the 7 55 at Kempton,especially if there is a good pace on.I would have preferred a bigger field but the stable is in good form and PP is money back (usual conditions) If 2nd 3rd or 4th to the jolly and 5/1 is a good price

Out Do has a chance in the 7 55 at Kempton,especially if there is a good pace on.I would have preferred a bigger field but the stable is in good form and PP is money back (usual conditions) If 2nd 3rd or 4th to the jolly and 5/1 is a good price

Interesting ride,a horse to keep an eye on there must be something coming up for Out Do.One for the tracker no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Fancy a treble today.
    Ingleby Angel 2:30 11/4
    If the cap fits 2:10 5/4
    Mullinavat 3:40 4/6

Very competitive racing at York and Newmarket on sat and a few look value to me.

US Navy Flag 3 oc Newmarket has had plenty of racing for a 2 year old and has proved his toughness and beat Card Sharp well lto (Card Sharp had beaten US Navy Flag previously).

The fav has only had 2 runs and Stoute has not won this since 1986,lightly raced colts have a poor record in this and I have backed US Navy Flag ew,PP is best price at 9/1 about the colt and is money back if 2nd 3rd or 4th to the fav.

A very good ew bet in my opinion and I would be happier if the colt had won on over 7 furlongs but A O B must believe he gets 7 and that's good enough for me.

I backed Muffri'Ha last week when she was not quite good enough to get closer than 4 lengths to the winner in a group 1 over a mile here.This group 3 will be more to her liking as she won a group 3 here over the same trip (9 furlongs) and was placed in a group 2 and 3 in Meydan.
    A good ew bet tackling this class at around 7/1 runs in the 5 25 Newmarket.

Al Qahwa is a great price at 11/1 to win the big 6 furlong handicap at 3 15 in York,trainer David Omeara won this last year with Intisaab and has Al Quaha laid out for it,he is 10lbs better of with Flying Pursuit for 2 lengths and will be hard to beat in Omearas local track.

Some bookmakers will probably go 5 places in this and Al Quaha looks a decent ew bet to me at the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

A bit late maybe, Riven Light is running in Caulfield @ 5.50, might be worth a look....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

York 3.15 mr Lupton @ 8/1

It's easy to see why this horse is fav as he ran really well last time,beaten 4 lengths into 4 th and the horse that was narrowly beaten into 2nd reopposes on17 pounds worse terms than last time taking into account the claim of mr luptons jockey.
    It's also worth nothing that he usually contests pattern races, and that last run was his 1st in a handicap since he easily won a Newmarket handicap off top weight in may.
    I can't have al qahwah as he is a proven mudlark and won't have his conditions today.
    Stake acclaim and upstaging are the dangers.

York 2.40 Staxton is e/w player if the fav bombs

Newmarket 4.50 thafeera should be hard to beat

Newmarket 5.20 monarchs glen has a great chance as he hasn't got any luck in running the last twice and still finished 2nd and 1st, the other horses are exposed while this lad is on an upward curve.

Very competitive racing at York and Newmarket on sat and a few look value to me.

US Navy Flag 3 oc Newmarket has had plenty of racing for a 2 year old and has proved his toughness and beat Card Sharp well lto (Card Sharp had beaten US Navy Flag previously).

The fav has only had 2 runs and Stoute has not won this since 1986,lightly raced colts have a poor record in this and I have backed US Navy Flag ew,PP is best price at 9/1 about the colt and is money back if 2nd 3rd or 4th to the fav.

A very good ew bet in my opinion and I would be happier if the colt had won on over 7 furlongs but A O B must believe he gets 7 and that's good enough for me.

I backed Muffri'Ha last week when she was not quite good enough to get closer than 4 lengths to the winner in a group 1 over a mile here.This group 3 will be more to her liking as she won a group 3 here over the same trip (9 furlongs) and was placed in a group 2 and 3 in Meydan.
    A good ew bet tackling this class at around 7/1 runs in the 5 25 Newmarket.

Al Qahwa is a great price at 11/1 to win the big 6 furlong handicap at 3 15 in York,trainer David Omeara won this last year with Intisaab and has Al Quaha laid out for it,he is 10lbs better of with Flying Pursuit for 2 lengths and will be hard to beat in Omearas local track.

Some bookmakers will probably go 5 places in this and Al Quaha looks a decent ew bet to me at the price.

Backed the above 3 ew,Al Quaha ran well not beaten far,Muffri'Ha was disappointing but US Navy Flag done the biz in style and I had a few quid more on at 8s today so a good profit again and I am happy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Last 2 races at kempton this evening abandoned due to a “serious incident” in the stables. Not much news as of yet

Detailed is a very tough filly who has gone up from a rating of 70 to 101 this year and has won 4 times in the process,beaten 1 1/4 lengths in a group 2 across the water 2 runs ago but back on track in a listed race at Limerick last time will take all the beating in the 5 20 at Naas tomorrow.

Was out tonight and met someone who I think knows the time of day when it comes to racing and he told me he thought Making Light would win the 3 35 at Naas.

When I got home I had a look at the race and I think he was right.Making Light may have been running over too far recently and must have a big chance now.

I don't want the horse to go of fav as PP are monet back if 2nd 3rd or 4th to the jolly so get on Making Light.

• Advertisement

Both horses went very close and with the free bet and 4 place the damage was limited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Was out tonight and met someone who I think knows the time of day when it comes to racing and he told me he thought Making Light would win the 3 35 at Naas.

When I got home I had a look at the race and I think he was right.Making Light may have been running over too far recently and must have a big chance now.

I don't want the horse to go of fav as PP are monet back if 2nd 3rd or 4th to the jolly so get on Making Light.

Usually I lay out at 1/2 or less in running and was out doing something else and left a win bet on and forgot the lay out part

I went 1.09 on BF - typical

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Didactic Ninja

lost a few quid on smullen today. and then i had buick on loxly immediately after. wrong end of photo finish two races in a row. game would sicken you at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

lost a few quid on smullen today. and then i had buick on loxly immediately after. wrong end of photo finish two races in a row. game would sicken you at times.

Was that not a dead heat

PP paying 4 places on the 2 50 Muss and I give Right Touch a bit of a chance ew at 18/1,as high as 22/1 elsewhere.

Off a mark of 89 today this horse has run well off 100 and 102 in the past,ran well last time suggesting the gelding was coming into form and if we factor in the 5 lb claim of Conor Murtagh it is worth having a modest ew bet with PP.

Aljezeera looks the days best bet in the 3 10 at Yarmouth,a listed race over I mile six furlongs.

The winner should come from Dubka,Wingingit and Aljezeera and as Dubka was already beaten by Aljezeera and Wingingit appears better suited by good ground the lightly raced Aljezeera should be able to win this for Luca Cumani.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Had loxie but was only paid for the place. Slightly disappointed.

Economic Crisis has plenty of course form and is running well for his new trainer,likes the ground and is worth a little ew,money back 2nd 3rd or 4th to the jolly,3 50 Muss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭tinpib

Great tipping today Zimmer, you have been on a nice run over the past couple of weeks.

2 winners and a big priced runner up,not bad from 3 selections and I will be hoping for 2 winners tomorrow.

Alsvinder was well backed when beating his stablemate.who was also well backed from around 16s to 4s lto over 5 furlongs at Chelmsford.This horse has way better form on the AW than on turf and I will not be surprised to see him in action on Good Friday next year at Lingfield off a much higher mark.

Alsvinder won 2 of his 3 all weather runs an was beaten a head in the other and he should win the 5 45 at Kempton on his way to better things.

Beyond Recall is another who is well suited to the AW and can continue the good run of his trainer,the 3 year old filly is likely to keep on improving and is too big a price at 5/1 in the 7 15 also at Kempton and I will back her ew.

• Advertisement

Black Truffle is threatening to win again for a while now and is going to pop up off his current mark one of these days,i like Nicola Currie,who takes off 7 lbs and is a fairly good rider and Black Truffle may be a bit of value at 12/1.PP is a 5th 4 places and I put a few quid ew on.

3/1 second,15/2 3rd and 12/1 3rd,another draw with the books-an ew treble would have helped but happy enough with the bigger priced selections.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Good man Zimmer! Keep em coming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Indian Chief 15/2 (15:35 Nottingham)

I'll put on my tinfoil hat, and will believe he was held back (not given a full run at least) in this last race (white cap, red/black near rail)

https://twitter.com/dontgiveafuk100/status/918146942584180736

He is now moved up in class. Has a bigger price, and racing for bigger money.

I will get on at this price, and see if the odds fall tomorrow.

Feel free to subscribe to my conspiracy theory newsletter!

tinodz wrote: »

I'll put on my tinfoil hat, and will believe he was held back (not given a full run at least) in this last race (white cap, red/black near rail)

Very tenderly handled and came off the rail when he could have gone straight as a big gap opened up,3 lbs higher than last time and 11 lbs higher than last win but has every chance of winning if fancied,

David Omeara is famous for improving horses he gets from other yards but tomorrow a horse moved recently from his yard can win for Julie Camacho in the 4 40 at Nottingham.

Lathom has been running well of late and his last run was particularly good as he was hampered and lost several lengths before running on strongly for 4th.The 3rd was 5th of 20 in a class 3 next time not beaten far in a class 3 and the 2nd was beaten 1 3/4 lengths by Economic Crisis.

Lathom has been mainly running in class 2s and 3s for the past year and can win this 17 runner race with a clear run and at 12/1 is an ew bet.

Masterstonemason has to give weight to most of the field in the 2 05 at Punchestown and I hope Flan Costelloe can beat the big boys once again,not backing it as price a bit skinny but will be cheering him on.

I am backing Silver Concorde in the 3 10 Pun,it is hard to believe that this horse is still a maiden ove hurdles after 7 runs.He was of for a year before running ok in 5th in Gaway and ran as well as could be expected behind Max Dynamite on the flat.

A good 2nd to Young Turk last time back over hurdles I think he might be able to get his head in front.Weld must believe there is a hurdle race in the horse who was only beaten a length and a quarter in the Chester Cup last year,an ew bet for me at 12/1 PP.

Forgot to mention Silver Concorde won the Cheltenham Bumper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

tinodz wrote: »

In my opinion he had no where to go for the majority of the last 3 furlongs
    And when he got his chance it was too late so never pushed him, I do think he would of challenged for the places but prob never would of got there, I will be backing him as it's so eyecatching that he achieved that position without been asked for an effort, Hugh Taylor will prob put him up.

I see that Masterstonemason is on the drift and is now worth an ew bet,9/2 at the moment and may go to 5s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Msayyan to win by the 1:30 @ Nottingham by 1.5 lengths or more (Evens with Betvictor).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement