Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Just for the record,i do not care who wants to comment on whatever I post,it is their right and it does not bother me.

The purpose of the post was to show that we should not listen to the hype about horses who have not run over hurdles even if they were useful on the flat.I do not post every single bet I have but if I really think one offers value I put it up here and let people make up their own minds,i had intended to put Dentley De Mee up as a good bet and advised a couple of punting friends to back it.

But as I stated in my original post "i became victim to the hype" about the odds on fav and instead of having a decent bet on what I initially thought was the best horse in the race,i reduced my bet and played safe ew. Oh by the way I did put up the bet on the aftertiming thread and would have done so a bit sooner except for the fact that I was trying to win a few more euros at the card table.

MOD: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105144879&postcount=875 Post in After timing thread.

One other good bet imo is Aleef in 7 25 at Chelmsford,a bit slow to come to hand this year but ran a bit better in 5th last time on heavy ground at Catterick.

Aleef is thrown in on last year's form when 2nd here in a class 2 btn a length when rated 91,a return to anything like that form would enable the horse to demolish the field,i have backed it ew at 5s and I will double it ew with Muffri'Ha as both look to have very good chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

MOD

Right... it was so nice and quiet and then you wake up to this.

@Zimmermania:
    Next time you start a post like the one that was the start of all this, please type a little note saying a screenshot will follow asap. And then of course follow up with that screenshot.

To some others:
    Give the guy a break.
    I am not a religious follower of this thread but even then i can see that the majority of the tips come from Zimmermania. And no, that doesnt mean 1 rule for him and another for other people but there is a bit of a difference whether that specific after time post comes from someone who posts tips on a daily basis or from someone like.... well myself, who never post a horse tip. (If i ever do, dont follow that tip, i know what a horse looks like and that is about it).

And no, this post is not an invitation to have more discussions about after timing.

MOD

<snip>

Read my last sentence again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

13:50 - Lingfield
    Easy Tiger
    Jock is McDonald and has a 16% hit rate having had 9 winners in the last 2 weeks
    not a great price but the horse is in top form 11/2 E/W

15:10 - Sedgefield
    Buachaill Alainn - the bowen boys dont want be caught napping again this horse was doing well before last start they want this race and they are going to take it he won it last year plus drops in weights for it
    9/1 E/W

singles and double e/w

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

inforfun wrote: »
    MOD

Right... it was so nice and quiet and then you wake up to this.

@Zimmermania:
    Next time you start a post like the one that was the start of all this, please type a little note saying a screenshot will follow asap. And then of course follow up with that screenshot.

To some others:
    Give the guy a break.
    I am not a religious follower of this thread but even then i can see that the majority of the tips come from Zimmermania. And no, that doesnt mean 1 rule for him and another for other people but there is a bit of a difference whether that specific after time post comes from someone who posts tips on a daily basis or from someone like.... well myself, who never post a horse tip. (If i ever do, dont follow that tip, i know what a horse looks like and that is about it).

And no, this post is not an invitation to have more discussions about after timing.

7.59 when you woke up?

I had a load of work done by then.

6.20 the alarm goes
    7.30 start
    Coffee first
    7.59 this ****

If you must know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭celt262

inforfun wrote: »
    6.20 the alarm goes
    7.30 start
    Coffee first
    7.59 this ****

If you must know.

Is the 7.59 a fancy or a tip?

Here is a tip... dont disturb me at 7.59

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭vandriver

Anywaaaay.....back to the nags.Well done Z man.

• Advertisement

Muffri,Ha won nicely as expected and I hope it runs again before good Friday,well backed also.

Goodthingstaketime ran some good races in Ireland for Fozzy Stack before being sold to race in the US,connections were hoping to get a run at the Breeders Cup but the horse did not make the cut.

Goodthingstaketime now runs in the 8 30 at Delmar in a maiden.I know nothing of Delmar or nothing of the opposition the horse meets tonight but it is hard to see it beaten,i think it runs in Stacks name tonight but I an not certain.

I know Goodthingstaketime is very useful and a contact tells me it will win.
    PP going 5/4 but I backed it at sp.

I am happy with the 5/1 I have about Aleef,i was talking to friend of mine this morning about today's bets and he said he was backing both of the horses I backed,he rang me a few minutes ago and told me he was told Des Donovan gives his horse Menelik a bit of a chance.

The horse has been running ok and was not disgraced in a recent run in Dundalk,has a bit to find with a few in the rade but as Aleef goes from the front Menelik is a finisher and I had a small ew bet at 14/1.

GOODTHINGS TAKE TIME!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

1.10 Newmarket Doctor Cross 8/1....always there or thereabouts in the places,Hanagan and Fahey combo is always worth a shekel,well maybe 50 shekels e/w

Did not have a bet today,i considered a couple but did not back them which was a pity but they were short enough so not a lot of harm done.

I backed MASAR ew in the 10 50 at Del Mar tonight at 11/2 with PP who are 1/5 4 places.

Lightly raced Masar was 3rd behind Happily in a group 1 at Chantilly btn 1 3/4 lengths lto and won a group 3 before that,and was a staying 3rd behind and Nyaleti at Ascot in june in a listed race.

Some pundits suggest the sharp track and the distance of a mile may be against Masar,but I remember his win first time out over 6 furlongs at Goodwood, a very sharp track.

Tonights race is sure to be run at a good pace and I am hoping Masar will get there in time.
    I have not seen a better looking 2 year old in along time,he looks magnificent and while he will stay further, I am looking forward to a very good run.

Appleby does not send many to the Breeders Cup and when he does they usually have a decent chance

I Backed Acrux, runs in the 7 45 at Newcasle a couple of times this year following 2 very good runs over 7 furlongs when the horse ran on stongly from the back and almost getting up I felt the step up to a mile was exactly what was wanted when he ran here 14 days ago and things looked to be going according to plan when Acrux took it up in the final furlong only to be run out of it close home finishing 3rd.

Back to 7 tonight he may be more suited to the trip especially if the pace is strong,he will probably be held up and if the gaps open up I think he can win off the same mark as last time and I backed it ew,trainer had a winner today and has one in a big race in the US tomorrow night.

I Backed Acrux, runs in the 7 45 at Newcasle a couple of times this year following 2 very good runs over 7 furlongs when the horse ran on stongly from the back and almost getting up I felt the step up to a mile was exactly what was wanted when he ran here 14 days ago and things looked to be going according to plan when Acrux took it up in the final furlong only to be run out of it close home finishing 3rd.

Back to 7 tonight he may be more suited to the trip especially if the pace is strong,he will probably be held up and if the gaps open up I think he can win off the same mark as last time and I backed it ew,trainer had a winner today and has one in a big race in the US tomorrow night.

3rd again Zimmer money back anyway on the e/w nice one!

I've 2 in the next I'm mulling over I'll end up doing both because I'm sipping pints down the local so I've just been glancing over the paper here.

8.15 Newcastle Ambitious Icarus 15/2 and Kodicat 7/1 in boyles better prices elsewhere though.
    Form is solid on both these Kodicat is dropping back to 5f and Ambitious Icarus has Franny Norton on board.
    I'm doing e/w on both and the barman is taking the rest of my money tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Don't know how johann Bach is drifting because everyone I know has backed it. Drift worrying but fancied. Plus his last run at dundalk look good now with bolgers yoke winning again

akelly02 wrote: »
    Don't know how johann Bach is drifting because everyone I know has backed it. Drift worrying but fancied. Plus his last run at dundalk look good now with bolgers yoke winning again

I'm on ringside humour in the 9.00 dundalk.
    I don't worry too much about the drift...more money back when it wins haha

One could not back Bond Bombshell on the evidence of its last run,but its two previous runs at this track give him a real chance,the fav Windforpower has a real chance but the 2nd and 3rd favs are very poor and its worth backing Bond Bombshell ew,Omeara's horses are running well and it is worth risking a few quid ew goes at 8 45 Newcastle.

• Advertisement

One could not back Bond Bombshell on the evidence of its last run,but its two previous runs at this track give him a real chance,the fav Windforpower has a real chance but the 2nd and 3rd favs are very poor and its worth backing Bond Bombshell ew,Omeara's horses are running well and it is worth risking a few quid ew goes at 8 45 Newcastle.

Great shout...unlucky...money back again though.

Very close 3rd, sick

Hope ya were on it e/w.
    Drift made it nice place money.

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Hope ya were on it e/w.
    Drift made it nice place money.

Nope as was 7s when I backed it, my minimum for ew would be 10s

Nope as was 7s when I backed it, my minimum for ew would be 10s

Ah balls,and it drifted to 14s.

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Ah balls,and it drifted to 14s.

I know...ah well happily and the favourite for the dirt mile will sluice in and give me a nice double!

Moore and heffernan should be shot dead

Buick did not give Masar a very good ride imo,got the horse in a reasonable position before seeming to run up the rear of another horse causing Masar to lose its action and dropping to last at the final bend.

Masar ran on best of all but had too much ground to make up.Thats racing and these things happen but its always annoying when one we have backed gets into trouble. I doubt we will see Masar again this year but will do well in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Advertisement

I will have to watch it a few more times to be sure but it looked to me as if the horse jinked or pecked because there was no way forward when Masar was quickening and getting into top gear,whatever the case those of us who were on Masar can feel a bit unlucky.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement